The Student Room Group

SWATuk and others

I've been invited to SWATuk's assessment day but I noticed they only require a 2:2 for their training contracts and none of their clients are big name accountancy firms.

Would becoming ACA qualified with one of their clients put me at a major disadvantage in comparison to someone who completed their contract with the likes of, for example, KPMG or Mazars.

I was hoping to use the ACA to break into corporate finance. Would this be near impossible from a less reputable accounting firm?
Original post by Regent
I've been invited to SWATuk's assessment day but I noticed they only require a 2:2 for their training contracts and none of their clients are big name accountancy firms.

Would becoming ACA qualified with one of their clients put me at a major disadvantage in comparison to someone who completed their contract with the likes of, for example, KPMG or Mazars.

I was hoping to use the ACA to break into corporate finance. Would this be near impossible from a less reputable accounting firm?

It's like having Bury Town on your CV compared to Manchester United if you were a professional footballer. :redface:
Reply 2
Original post by unknownking321
It's like having Bury Town on your CV compared to Manchester United if you were a professional footballer. :redface:

Disregard this comment almost entirely. Getting the ACA isn't like a degree at uni (where obviously a 2:1 from Edge Hill uni isn't the same as one from Oxford). Its a standardized qualification and you will still be highly desired by employers once qualified. The only negative (and it might be a big one if you want to work in corporate finance at a half decent firm) is that if you're working at one of the bigger firms your more likely to work with clients that can actually help you break in.
Reply 3
Daui is correct. ACA is recognised worldwide, so it would be like if Cambridge University did EXACTLY the same syllabus as a not so great university. Regardless of the company, the ACA qualification WILL help you to break into corporate finance, it is just a matter of passing the exams and receiving the qualification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending