The Student Room Group

Responses from occupational health?

Hey guys. :smile: Hope you don't mind me asking a quick question:

How long after sending off your occupational health form do they respond with either a clearance, or details of an appointment etc?
Is this normally by post?

I'm getting quite worried, I fully expect an appointment with a member of occupational health because of previous mental health issues and this isn't a problem, but they seem to be taking their time in getting back to me. :redface:

Thanks!
Reply 1
Bump? :colondollar:
Original post by briesandwich
Hey guys. :smile: Hope you don't mind me asking a quick question:

How long after sending off your occupational health form do they respond with either a clearance, or details of an appointment etc?
Is this normally by post?

I'm getting quite worried, I fully expect an appointment with a member of occupational health because of previous mental health issues and this isn't a problem, but they seem to be taking their time in getting back to me. :redface:

Thanks!

It can depend on the institution.

If you completed your form by post, it will inevitably take longer than if you submitted it online. They would normally reply within a few days of receiving the form if there is an issue they need to discuss with you, which is most likely going to be via a phone call.

I would say that if you don't hear anything back within a few weeks, you're clear, but if you think there are issues that should have been flagged up, then give them a call and ask to be put throught to the occupational health nurse.
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
It can depend on the institution.

If you completed your form by post, it will inevitably take longer than if you submitted it online. They would normally reply within a few days of receiving the form if there is an issue they need to discuss with you, which is most likely going to be via a phone call.

I would say that if you don't hear anything back within a few weeks, you're clear, but if you think there are issues that should have been flagged up, then give them a call and ask to be put throught to the occupational health nurse.

Thank you so much! :h: I would +rep you but apparently I've rated a post of yours recently. :s-smilie:
Original post by briesandwich
Thank you so much! :h: I would +rep you but apparently I've rated a post of yours recently. :s-smilie:

Oh really? :proud:
i am in a similar boat too as I have developed a flu like weakness and widespread pain in my body although it hasn't been diagnosed yet i am still waiting for it to be diagnosed but i do not know what to mention on my form.
Reply 6
I sent my form off 2 weeks ago and got a phone call today asking me to come in for an appointment and I didn't put that I had any kind of illness on my form
Original post by astoldbyellana
i am in a similar boat too as I have developed a flu like weakness and widespread pain in my body although it hasn't been diagnosed yet i am still waiting for it to be diagnosed but i do not know what to mention on my form.

Describe the symptoms, and say it is yet to be diagnosed.
Original post by xlizx
I sent my form off 2 weeks ago and got a phone call today asking me to come in for an appointment and I didn't put that I had any kind of illness on my form

Some universities have a policy to see everyone, depending on the course.

It could just be to schedule your vaccinations.
most days I feel like i have got the flu or other days I feel really rundown whilst some days i feel foggy like it takes energy to think even the stupid things like remembering who tea/coffee is who? I can exrcise but i am finding it struggle with the pain like a gym work out. Other days I feel a bit drunk.

Quick Reply

Latest