The Student Room Group

What Grants can i get for Uni?

Hello i am going to start Uni in 2012 and am in College First year 12- i was wondering what all all the grants available for me - i live in london east london and my parents income is under £17 000 i would like to know the grants which i can get and how much are they worth thank you
Reply 1
All the details of funding available is on www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance
Original post by missy22
All the details of funding available is on www.direct.gov.uk/studentfinance

As far as I am aware nowhere on Directgov does it give an illustration of grants and loans available to people living in London.
Reply 3
It does. I'm not doing all the ground work for someone who can't be bothered to check. In a year's time, we'll get a post off this student along the lines of "omgzzzz I hate student finance!!11!!!!" all because they didn't do their homework.

OP, there is a section on that link confirming types of finance available as well as info about finance for 2012/13 academic year.
Original post by missy22
It does. I'm not doing all the ground work for someone who can't be bothered to check. In a year's time, we'll get a post off this student along the lines of "omgzzzz I hate student finance!!11!!!!" all because they didn't do their homework.

OP, there is a section on that link confirming types of finance available as well as info about finance for 2012/13 academic year.

Pray help us then great know all. If you can let your supposed help overcome your overinflated ego, and help an OP who hasn't got your super sized brain matched by a similarly sized head

Where on this Directctgov section on maintenance grants, the only one that seems to be available, does it indicate anything about what a student living in London may get?

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/Applyingforthefirsttime/DG_174046
or even here
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/UniversityAndHigherEducation/StudentFinance/DG_194804
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5
With regards to the maintenance grant, it's irrelevant where the student lives - it's assessed based purely on household income.

The rates for loans are on Directgov.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending