The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tearz
Conditional offer from Cardiff for Adult Nursing, Sep in take :smile: I'm so happy:smile: :smile:

Yay! Congrats. im firming glam for march 13 and putting cardiff Sept 12 as my insurance choice. knew you'd get in :-D xx
Reply 2881
Original post by Tearz
Conditional offer from Cardiff for Adult Nursing, Sep in take :smile: I'm so happy:smile: :smile:

Congratulations :biggrin: ... When did you find out?
Reply 2882
Original post by Lydia7288
Yay! Congrats. im firming glam for march 13 and putting cardiff Sept 12 as my insurance choice. knew you'd get in :-D xx

Thank you :smile: I am so pleased :biggrin:, I've only applied for two so I really needed to get in, I'm waiting to hear from UWE :s-smilie: I had my interview last Wednesday getting in would be the icing on the cake. I'll firm UWE if I get in and Cardiff as my insurance :smile:

x
Reply 2883
Original post by Nicola86
Congratulations :biggrin: ... When did you find out?

Thank you, I found out this evening at 18:08 :biggrin:
Reply 2884
Original post by Tearz
Thank you, I found out this evening at 18:08 :biggrin:

I'm still waiting to hear ..... getting very frustrated now, want to be put out of my misery :biggrin:
Reply 2885
Original post by Nicola86
I think I'm going to have to .... Going crazy here :s-smilie: :biggrin:

I was exactly the same.. Good luck (: x
Reply 2886
Original post by zoii
I was exactly the same.. Good luck (: x

Reply 2887
Original post by zoii
Well done :smile: I've had the same thing :s-smilie: I don't understand what it means either x

I phoned them today, they said all uni's have to offer more places than they have as some people wont get the grades or will choose other places as their firm.

They said it is very unlikely to happen but sometimes they have too many and the person at the bottom of the list would be offered march or the option to use their insurance :smile:

Im choosing cardiff as my firm as i really want sept intake and my other offer is for march :s-smilie:
Reply 2888
Just got my offer from UWE for Sep intake :biggrin::biggrin: this is one of the happiest days of my life lol
Original post by Tearz
Just got my offer from UWE for Sep intake :biggrin::biggrin: this is one of the happiest days of my life lol

That's brilliant. Last week was the best week of my life by far. Got offer from Glam on the monday then spent all day friday chilling at the beach and got an offer from cardiff when I got home. Amazing! Couldn't be happier right now x
Hey everyone! well done on your offers!! I phoned up Cardiff today and I've had an offer but its for March 13 :frown: I'm totally gutted as it is my first choice and I really wanted Sept 12 intake as I will be 23 when the course starts and don't want to wait till next year!! :frown:not sure what to do about it.... should be so happy but I feel disappointed. (ps don't mean to come across as ungrateful) and I do already have offers for Southampton and Brighton for sept 12... but when its your *first choice* you can't help but feel this way...

anyone else in a similar position?

Gemma x
Reply 2891
Original post by Vsparrow
Hi everyone, I've got all my offers back now, 3 in total. One for MNursci at nottingham, one from Birmingham and one from coventry. Anyone else got any offers from any of these? x

I have a conditional offer from uni of Birmingham and have firmed it :smile: which one are you planing to firm? X
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Vsparrow
Hi everyone, I've got all my offers back now, 3 in total. One for MNursci at nottingham, one from Birmingham and one from coventry. Anyone else got any offers from any of these? x

I have an offer for child branch MNursci at Nottingham :smile:, which branch have you chosen? :smile:
Reply 2893
Original post by gemma.louise89
Hey everyone! well done on your offers!! I phoned up Cardiff today and I've had an offer but its for March 13 :frown: I'm totally gutted as it is my first choice and I really wanted Sept 12 intake as I will be 23 when the course starts and don't want to wait till next year!! :frown:not sure what to do about it.... should be so happy but I feel disappointed. (ps don't mean to come across as ungrateful) and I do already have offers for Southampton and Brighton for sept 12... but when its your *first choice* you can't help but feel this way...

Gemma x

Hi Gemma, I know how you feel. I had offer for Glam for march which was my first choice but then also had offer for sept from Cardiff. Im 32 so really dont want to be waiting a year from to start. Am now leaning more to Cardiff but it's such a big decision :confused:

caz
Ohh, well done on your offers! Can't you ring Glam and see if they can change the date at all for you? I'm going to ring Cardiff tomorrow as its really brung my day down :frown: and yes it is a big decision... when you have your heart set on a place you don't want to change it... I can't see myself anywhere but Cardiff really...

x
Reply 2895
Well done to you to :biggrin:

I rang both of them today, Glam said they dont have a reserve list only hope is to phone back at end of august when all the exam results are in and see if there is a space. Cardiff's offer said something about conditional on getting an nhs funded place so phoned to ask, they said they always give more offers than they have places. They said it's highley unlikely but if they have too many who ever is at the bottom of the scores will get offered move to march :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 2896
I really liked Cardiff as well although didn't think I would get in!! I'm so chuffed to have got both my choices it's just so hard to make a choice now
Original post by gemma.louise89

Gemma x

Im literally in the exact same position but for glam. I'll be 23 by then too but as its always been my first choice im taking the offer for march 13. i don't want to risk ending up being unhappy elsewhere and realising i made a mistake for the sake of going 6 months earlier. Trust your instincts and just wait. you never know they may call you to start in September anyway if people drop out or don't meet the criteria (which is likely). hope this helps xx
Reply 2898
Original post by caz77
I phoned them today, they said all uni's have to offer more places than they have as some people wont get the grades or will choose other places as their firm.

They said it is very unlikely to happen but sometimes they have too many and the person at the bottom of the list would be offered march or the option to use their insurance :smile:

Im choosing cardiff as my firm as i really want sept intake and my other offer is for march :s-smilie:

Oh no I hope this doesn't happen :frown: I didn't even know it was possible for this to happen.. oh god fingers crossed this doesn't happen to us then! Me too! :smile: x
Reply 2899
Still havnt heard ffrom cardiff so I called them today, they told me ucas should be updated for everyone by Thursday x

Quick Reply