The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlotte922012
Hey :smile:
when did Edge Hill give you a reply? I am still waiting for a reply for Child Nursing and it is really winding me up that they have taken so long :frown: xx

Hey, was wondering if you or any other people applying for CHILD NURSING @EDGE HILL SEPT 2012. Heard anything at all?? or if anyone had interviews after march 17 (when I had my interview) Incredibly nerve wracking as I've had 4 rejections and this is my last hope. Thanks!!! xxxx
Original post by smokingnuns
Hey, was wondering if you or any other people applying for CHILD NURSING @EDGE HILL SEPT 2012. Heard anything at all?? or if anyone had interviews after march 17 (when I had my interview) Incredibly nerve wracking as I've had 4 rejections and this is my last hope. Thanks!!! xxxx

Hello :smile:

No I haven't heard anything, it is incredibly frustrating! I rang admissions yesterday and they were very vague with their info so I really don't know. I was interviewed at the end of November so have had to wait all this time!
I am also in the same position with 4 rejections. We just need to know really so if we are accepted we can make plans and if we are not then we can look for other options. xxxx
Reply 3022
Hello :smile:

No I haven't heard anything, it is incredibly frustrating! I rang admissions yesterday and they were very vague with their info so I really don't know. I was interviewed at the end of November so have had to wait all this time!
I am also in the same position with 4 rejections. We just need to know really so if we are accepted we can make plans and if we are not then we can look for other options. xxxx

What did they say when you rang the admissions?
I was thinking about calling to see what their decision is.
Got my letter from Ucas today so will send it to student finance Wales tomorrow. x
Original post by GeorgieC94
Has anybody firmed uni of leeds for adult nursing? :smile:
xx

Hey! I've firmed Leeds for adult :smile: i'm so excited and nervous all at once lol!
Original post by lausa22
What did they say when you rang the admissions?
I was thinking about calling to see what their decision is.

I didn't ask if they could tell us their decision over the phone, but it was a man that I was put through to and he just said that it would be this month (april) and he also apologised for the amount of time I have had to wait. Hopefully it will be next week or something
Reply 3026
I didn't ask if they could tell us their decision over the phone, but it was a man that I was put through to and he just said that it would be this month (april) and he also apologised for the amount of time I have had to wait. Hopefully it will be next week or something

Oh that's okay then :smile: Hopefully they won't keep us waiting until deadline day, I'm dreading it if they do!
Original post by lausa22
Oh that's okay then :smile: Hopefully they won't keep us waiting until deadline day, I'm dreading it if they do!

Me too! Is the deadline May 10th? :smile:
Reply 3028
anyone at sheffield hallam on the first of may for an open day type thing?
Original post by Nymphadorable
51 weeks, love. Nursing courses run on a timetable that's longer than a regular student, and the last thing you want is to be told to move out when you're in the middle of a placement block! As far as I'm aware, I think Manchester has a fairly mixed hall allocation, although I know MMU used to group healthcare students together for the sake of shift working, so Manchester could well be the same. Even if you did end up with other non-nursing students, it's not the end of the world. Just explain when you first move in about shift patterns and what not and you should be fine. :smile:

Thanks that was really helpful! do you think i should email the uni of just in case? the website doesnt say much, it says the course is 38 weeks which makes me think ill only need accommodation for 40 weeks but then it does mention extended time or something :frown:
Original post by zoii
hey! I wouldn't worry too much, within a week after my interview I got an unsuccessful for failing the maths so I'm sure you will be fine if you've waited 3 weeks already (: good luck xx

Thanks just gettin really fed up with waiting. im not feeling very confident. xx
Reply 3031
Anyone heard from the NHS bursary? =S

Im confused, it says the uni will pass our details on but I haven't heard anything...
Original post by Tinty
Anyone heard from the NHS bursary? =S

Im confused, it says the uni will pass our details on but I haven't heard anything...

You uni will wait until they've made all their offers and then pass the info onto NHSBSA. You should hear from June onwards (this will give time for people to receive their P60s from the previous financial year). I heard June time last year.
Original post by Ali_Bop
My friend had an interview for mental health yesterday and has heard today she's in for September. Have you heard anything? x

Nope still haven't heard anything :/ I'm ringing them Monday to ask cause my interview was 3 months ago and it's taking ages now! x
Reply 3034
Original post by emmaf12
Can u give me some advise on what they asked at interview please I have my interview on 5th march thank u x x x

sorry ive only just seen this! how did your interview go? im sure you did great :smile: x
Original post by Ali_Bop
I am still waiting but 2 of the girls who are in college with me have been accepted in the last 10 mins so keep checking your ucas lol....Good luck xx

Let me know when you find out :smile: did they apply for Swansea campus or Carmarthen? I'm getting really annoyed now and UCAS track is down for 2 days :/ good luck too lovely! xx
Reply 3036
Original post by carys_h
sorry ive only just seen this! how did your interview go? im sure you did great :smile: x

I was very lucky and got conditional for children's nursing and unconditional for adult thank u x x x. How did u get on
Reply 3037
Original post by Emmense
Yeah I'm reasonably local! from twickenham!
what about you?

I am only about 10 mins from the uni just outside Uxbridge. Have you been on any of the open days or applicant experience days?
Reply 3038
Original post by SarahC25
I am only about 10 mins from the uni just outside Uxbridge. Have you been on any of the open days or applicant experience days?

I've been to both an open day and the student experience day! When was your interview? Have you applied for PostGraduate Diploma or the bachelors?
Reply 3039
I have been to them too. Thought they were good. I enjoyed having a play with the dummy in the odp dept. I had my interview last October and got a unconditional offer within two weeks. I am doing the bsc. I am a mature student as am 34 but don't have an exiting degree. What degree have you already got?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending