The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3040
Original post by SarahC25
I have been to them too. Thought they were good. I enjoyed having a play with the dummy in the odp dept. I had my interview last October and got a unconditional offer within two weeks. I am doing the bsc. I am a mature student as am 34 but don't have an exiting degree. What degree have you already got?

I'm currently finishing my psychology degree and intending on starting in september! My interview was in January! Is bucks your firm? Have you recieved any paper work from them? I got my ucas letter bit havent heard anything from the uni directly!
Hey everyone, I'm studying mental health nursing in September in Derby. Anyone else? :smile:
Reply 3042
Anyone got into northampton september for nursing?
Reply 3043
Original post by xsophx
Anyone got into northampton september for nursing?

I'm waiting for a reply following my interview for child branch in January. So i'm HOPEFULLY going to northampton
I've firmed the Masters of Nursing Science (2012) @ Nottingham
And I've insured childrens nursing (2013) @ Keele :biggrin:
Hey,

I have no idea which uni to chose from! I tried to get in last year but I had 5 rejections, but this year I've got the choice of three. Glamorgan, Swansea an Cardiff (though Cardiff's in March)

I've been trying to decide for a week now and I still have no clue!!! where would any of you go??? HELP!

Katie xx
Reply 3046
Original post by rachbiom
I'm waiting for a reply following my interview for child branch in January. So i'm HOPEFULLY going to northampton

Good luck hope you get in :smile:

Original post by BeccaAnne94
I've firmed the Masters of Nursing Science (2012) @ Nottingham
And I've insured childrens nursing (2013) @ Keele :biggrin:

Well done,

i got into nottingham for BSc MH Nursing but thats my insurance choice

Original post by Katieonading
Hey,

I have no idea which uni to chose from! I tried to get in last year but I had 5 rejections, but this year I've got the choice of three. Glamorgan, Swansea an Cardiff (though Cardiff's in March)

I've been trying to decide for a week now and I still have no clue!!! where would any of you go??? HELP!

Katie xx

Do a pro's/con's list, that might help

I am like this with nottingham or northants
Reply 3047
Original post by Emmense
I'm currently finishing my psychology degree and intending on starting in september! My interview was in January! Is bucks your firm? Have you recieved any paper work from them? I got my ucas letter bit havent heard anything from the uni directly!

Bucks was the only uni I applied to due to location and homelife, so I am lucky to have got a place. The only other uni was TVU (or uni of West London now) but they have lost their london contract now I believe. I have had a UCAS letter and a letter from Bucks confirming the place as unconditional. I haven't had any other info though. I don't think we will get any further details until at least July.

Are they waiting for your degree results?
Reply 3048
Has anyone been offered places at either Manchester met or Northumbria? :smile:
xx
Reply 3049
is anyone going to glam and staying in the halls?
Reply 3050
Original post by Katieonading
Hey,

Katie xx

Well done on getting all 3! What field are you doing?

I'm in the same position, i'm really stuck between Cardiff and Glamorgan, both for sept, really don't know what to do :frown: I'm leaning towards Glam tbh just cause I prefered it there, but Cardiff is closer to where I live..... I'm so confused!!!
Reply 3051
Original post by SarahC25
Bucks was the only uni I applied to due to location and homelife, so I am lucky to have got a place. The only other uni was TVU (or uni of West London now) but they have lost their london contract now I believe. I have had a UCAS letter and a letter from Bucks confirming the place as unconditional. I haven't had any other info though. I don't think we will get any further details until at least July.

Are they waiting for your degree results?

Well they've offered me an unconditional offer! I'll get my degree in june! I haven't recieved a letter from Bucks but I emailed them and confirmed via email that it was unconditional! When did they send you the letter? I haven't recieved anything more in the post from them! Do you know when we'll have to start the CRB and Occupational Health forms?
Reply 3052
im goin for interview in university of west london for mental health nursing...any tips i should know e.g interview questions, what they ask!!pliz asap i'm nervous its my first interview..please guys help!!
Original post by aalysh
im goin for interview in university of west london for mental health nursing...any tips i should know e.g interview questions, what they ask!!pliz asap i'm nervous its my first interview..please guys help!!

I had my interview for there a couple of weeks ago. I'm applying for adult, and the interview seemed quite relaxed. They just ask you the normal interview questions like 'why are you applying for nursing', 'what would make you a good nurse?', and your strengths and weaknesses as a person. Just be honest and relaxed and you'll be fine. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 3054
Original post by Benefnin
Heya, I've got an offer for March, a friend from my course does too, but I really don't know what to do, I've always wanted to go to Cardiff but it seems so far away? Are either of you living there?

Yea Im living about 45mins away so its not that bad for me. What other offers did you get? where are you from?
Reply 3055
Original post by Nicola86
No, don't know anyone else that is. Have you sent your CRB cheque off yet or can we send it at a later date :smile:

I'm not sure to be honest i'll have to ring them up in the morning and get it sorted out. Have you applied for finance yet?
Reply 3056
Original post by Emmense
Well they've offered me an unconditional offer! I'll get my degree in june! I haven't recieved a letter from Bucks but I emailed them and confirmed via email that it was unconditional! When did they send you the letter? I haven't recieved anything more in the post from them! Do you know when we'll have to start the CRB and Occupational Health forms?

The letter I got was dated the same time as the letter from UCAS. I don't know about when we do the other bits and pieces.??
Original post by sclerky
Has anyone been offered places at either Manchester met or Northumbria? :smile:
xx

Yep; Northumbria :yy:
Reply 3058
Original post by KingGoonIan
Yep; Northumbria :yy:

Aw cool :smile: have you been given the September or March in take? I've been given the March one so that's kinda putting me off :/
Original post by sclerky
Aw cool :smile: have you been given the September or March in take? I've been given the March one so that's kinda putting me off :/

I was given Sept but I wouldn't mind having March because then I would be able to work longer in the summer and maybe even fit in a holiday. As it is, Northumbria is my insurance so it probably won't matter because I'm pretty certain I'll meet the requirements of my firm. But I really liked Northumbria and I think I would have a great time if I went there, it had a good vibe when I visited, just want to move somewhere that's new to me. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending