The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone else firmed Swansea for Sept intake? x
Original post by emmacymru
Has anyone else firmed Swansea for Sept intake? x

I have! Mental Health Nursing! :smile:
Original post by Crowbird79
Had a rejection from Cardiff so it was just Swansea really. So you've done well then to get 3 offers, well done you :smile: Yea i'm on fb, you'll find me as Stacey Bird. Do you know anyone else going to Swansea, mental health? x

I am coming to Swansea to study mental health! As long as I get the grades! :smile:
Original post by Crowbird79
Had a rejection from Cardiff so it was just Swansea really. So you've done well then to get 3 offers, well done you :smile: Yea i'm on fb, you'll find me as Stacey Bird. Do you know anyone else going to Swansea, mental health? x

Im going to Swansea to study mental health! As long as I get the grades :smile:
Anyone else been told they have to attend a health check at Swansea? Mines in 2 weeks!xx

Mine is next Wednesday, 23rd may!
Original post by JoMelissaJames
Mine is next Wednesday, 23rd may!

And mine :redface: what time's yours? x
And mine :redface: what time's yours? x

I think Its at 2pm... :smile:
I got my unconditional for hull adult nursing start september yay!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/126142287521881/ join this group if you are staying in waterway gardens at DMU in september :smile: x
Will anyone be able to help me here..
Whats everyone doing in terms of student finance? Im all confused to what Im entitled to?
Im firmed Northumbria for adult nursing starting in September, do I have to wait to them to send me the code out to apply for my nhs bursaries?? Do you have to apply for them to cover your tuition fees or do they do that automatically? And is anyone else applying for an actual student loan? So confused on what Im entitled to and how to apply etc.

Thank you! xxx :smile:
Original post by jessy6067
Whats everyone doing in terms of student finance? Im all confused to what Im entitled to?
Im firmed Northumbria for adult nursing starting in September, do I have to wait to them to send me the code out to apply for my nhs bursaries?? Do you have to apply for them to cover your tuition fees or do they do that automatically? And is anyone else applying for an actual student loan? So confused on what Im entitled to and how to apply etc.

I'm going to sound pretty useless in regards to the question your're asking but I've firmed Northumbria as well, for child nursing! - do you have facebook??

I'm not going until march so youre going to have more of an idea than me with regards to student finance//nhs bursaries! i've applied for a maintenance loan and i'm going to apply for the nhs bursary when i get the details through the post or on email?!?!

if you want to add me, my name is emmie larmour xxxx
Original post by jessy6067

You're entitled to NHS bursary and a Student Loans Maintenance loan. Your tuition fees will be automatically covered so there's no need to apply for anything, and your application to the Student Loans Company actually won't let you apply for tuition fees when you've put your course in. (Little tip - when it says evidence of NHS bursary thing just select, "I can't provide anything." You don't need to, and SL know you can't. :wink:)

The NHS bursary will happen later; your firm university will send your details off to NHSBSA, who will get in contact with you later on via a letter. My university told me mid-June, so keep an eye out.

If you're entitled to the full amount for everything it should total to about £7,000 a year.

I've already completed the Student Loan application and signed my declaration, so if you're stuck on anything, Google it, or give me a PM, or just reply. :smile:
Original post by Nicola86
Just firmed Swansea (Carmarthen campus) for March 2013 :smile:

Hi iv had an unconditional offer from cardiff for the sept intake but i want to change for march intake. Do you know the difference between the two intakes as i want to move there?? any help would be appreciated xx
Reply 3253
Original post by agos
Nottingham is my firm choice for child nursing! Which branch are you doing? I have been advised to go either Raleigh Park thats where most nurses go however this isn't as secure as St Peters Court which has also been advised. But think its best to go for the 51 week contracts for nursing. I haven't sorted my accommodation out yet though.

Adult nursing, and ahh right, i'n not too sure where to go I was thinking of broadgate park or Raleigh park :biggrin: thanks for helping!
Reply 3254
Original post by clareeyy
Adult nursing, and ahh right, i'n not too sure where to go I was thinking of broadgate park or Raleigh park :biggrin: thanks for helping!

I'm doing adult nursing but on the MNursci course. I've picked Raleigh park, its lovely! Apparently thats full of like nurses and midwives so if your stuck i'd pick there :smile: x
I just firmed Lincoln, so will be there in Sept! :biggrin:
Reply 3256
Anyone out there going to UEA for Adult Nursing? :smile:
Woo me im doing adult nursing at UEA can't wait
Anyone firmed Keele for sept 2012? Also anyone heard anything about the nhs bursary? Xxx
Hello :smile: im going to uclan but just thought id let you know i didnt wait for the nhs to contact me. You can create your username yourself and sort your bursary out that way! Mines all in place now :smile: i can send you the link tomorrow if you like? X

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending