The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

I should get the maximum student loan as I live with my parents and there incomes isnt that high and the most I can get loan wise is £1744 a year xxx
Original post by jessy6067
I should get the maximum student loan as I live with my parents and there incomes isnt that high and the most I can get loan wise is £1744 a year xxx

Really? Thats bad!! Im in a simular situation but im getting like £2300 from student finance! Are you sure they cant give you any more? I thought it was supposed to be non income assessed basic loan of 2300 so something isnt right. Is that sf england? Xxx

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 3282
I have firmed an unconditional offer from Herts for child branch - not heard anything from them yet though! Thinking I might complete the bursary application this week.
Reply 3283
Original post by devines
I have firmed an unconditional offer from Herts for child branch - not heard anything from them yet though! Thinking I might complete the bursary application this week.

I'm going to Herts for child nursing too! :smile: Haven't heard anything from NHS either, so don't know whether to start it or not?
Have people actually done their NHS bursary?? I thought we had to wait until they contacted us

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 3285
Original post by Vsparrow
I'm doing adult nursing but on the MNursci course. I've picked Raleigh park, its lovely! Apparently thats full of like nurses and midwives so if your stuck i'd pick there :smile: x

Hi, i've picked Raleigh Park :biggrin: where abouts are you in it? x
Reply 3286
I checked with the nhs bursary facebook page and we are meant to wait until the university has invited us to apply (which should be soon as they say we should hear by the end of June).
Original post by littlesocksx
Hello :smile: im going to uclan but just thought id let you know i didnt wait for the nhs to contact me. You can create your username yourself and sort your bursary out that way! Mines all in place now :smile: i can send you the link tomorrow if you like? X

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Only just seen this, sorry for the late reply! whats the link?
Thanks!
Original post by leannieee
Only just seen this, sorry for the late reply! whats the link?
Thanks!

https://myaccount.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Pages/Registration.aspx
thats the link, doesnt take too long to fill out :smile: more straight forward then student finance! xx
Reply 3289
Original post by Lauren.amy1993
Hi!!!!

anyone firmed Chester (Riverside Campus) for Sept 2012??
xx

I've got a conditional offer from Chester&they told me I'd be at Riverside. Doing Child nursing, first year common foundation year though hey so everyone does same stuff. xx
Reply 3290
Original post by clareeyy
Hi, i've picked Raleigh Park :biggrin: where abouts are you in it? x

I'm madison court flat 5. What about you? :smile: x
hey i just wanted to ask...if i don't get in for any of the nursing courses - firm or insurance (hopefully i will) and i go into a different course through clearing but health related how will i go about getting the student loan?? because they dont let you get it if you get a nhs bursary
Original post by SoftMusk
hey i just wanted to ask...if i don't get in for any of the nursing courses - firm or insurance (hopefully i will) and i go into a different course through clearing but health related how will i go about getting the student loan?? because they dont let you get it if you get a nhs bursary

If you go on a different course, even though it may be health related, it will be unlikely that it will be NHS funded as only a select few (such as Nursing, Radiography, Midwifery etc) are funded. Therefore if you go through clearing you just need to apply for a full student loan including tuition fees loan. If you do get into Nursing then you apply for both the NHS bursary AND a student loan as you are still entitiled to funding for living maintenance.
Original post by MoonFlower
If you go on a different course, even though it may be health related, it will be unlikely that it will be NHS funded as only a select few (such as Nursing, Radiography, Midwifery etc) are funded. Therefore if you go through clearing you just need to apply for a full student loan including tuition fees loan. If you do get into Nursing then you apply for both the NHS bursary AND a student loan as you are still entitiled to funding for living maintenance.

Thanks so much, this helped (: hopefully ill get in!!
Anyone else having a complete nightmare filling out their NHS bursary application form?
Original post by KingGoonIan
Anyone else having a complete nightmare filling out their NHS bursary application form?

I've done mine if you need any help? :smile:

Original post by Catherine:)
I've done mine if you need any help? :smile:

Yes, please :smile:

What do they mean by maintenance income? Do they mean student finance maintenance loan?
Original post by KingGoonIan
Yes, please :smile:

What do they mean by maintenance income? Do they mean student finance maintenance loan?

No they don't mean your student finance. They mean if you receive any maintenance loans/help for your household now. Hope this helps :smile:

Original post by Catherine:)
No they don't mean your student finance. They mean if you receive any maintenance loans/help for your household now. Hope this helps :smile:

Hey thanks, that's what I thought and I read this elsewhere so thanks for confirming it for me :smile:
Reply 3299
Hi i start Hull university for adult nursing in sept, has anyone had any emails from NHS about their bursery yet? x

Quick Reply

Latest