The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sades1
Hi i start Hull university for adult nursing in sept, has anyone had any emails from NHS about their bursery yet? x

Hiya, they have meant to have sent email invitations to apply by the 16th July (today) and then post invitations by the end of the week. I start at Leeds in sept but i haven't heard from them yet and quite alot of other people haven't either. They are on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/NHS-Student-Bursaries/148320495240479 I find it really useful to check this as they keep posting whats going on etc. Hope this helps!
Reply 3301
Original post by Vsparrow
I'm madison court flat 5. What about you? :smile: x

I'm in 50C Sillitoe Court. I'm not sure if that means i am in a big building or something? Hope it's not like the 50th floor or something haha x
Hi,

Has anyone starting at The University of Manchester in Sept 2012 NOT received their bursary invite yet? Was wondering if Man Uni have a thing against emails, because I can't see how anyone would have not provided their email address during the enitre application process, I know I did but still nothing from NHS. Their facebook page now says 20/07/12!! Grr

Thanks
x
Hey I've just had an interview at bcu and got an unconditional offer a couple of hours later for the adult nursing degree.... yay... anyone else doing nursing at bcu x
Anyone going to keele in September for adult nursing?
Hey!

has anyone got offers for the march intake instead of September! i have no clue when im supposed to apply for accommodation or when i will hear about my bursary and all that stuff! so confused as no one has contacted me about anything!
Reply 3306
Original post by Sades1
Hi i start Hull university for adult nursing in sept, has anyone had any emails from NHS about their bursery yet? x

Hi I start children's nursing at Hull university in september and I haven't heard anything yet regarding my NHS bursary :-/
Has anyone else not applied for their NHS bursary yet?
Original post by FionaMcCauley
Has anyone else not applied for their NHS bursary yet?

I hadnt up until this morning. I was told to contact them direct if I didnt hear by the 20th so I emailed and didnt get a reply. I came on one of the forums and they directed me to the bursaries facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/NHS-Student-Bursaries/148320495240479. Others were saying that they start in september but hadnt heard to apply and the bursary team replyed with a link to apply online. They said even if we hadnt had an invite from them to apply anyway, we just have to register here (https://myaccount.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Pages/Login.aspx) and you start the application process I finished mine in about an hour and then you just have to send them some evidence ... Hope this helps
Reply 3309
You know that we need the Hep B injections before we go to uni, are they free?
Reply 3310
Hello all, I have an interview coming up for LSBU fro Adult Nursing. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips about the interview. Thanks
Original post by izzym
You know that we need the Hep B injections before we go to uni, are they free?

It depends where you go. First of all, I'd ask your university what the deal is with the injections. For example, I'm starting this year and I need Hep B too, but I phoned them up and got told I am cleared medically wise, and I could start placements tomorrow as far as they're concerned and I can get the jabs whilst on placement in a hospital which saves a lot of hassel/travelling. In your first year of nursing you won't be exposed to patients with Hep B.

If you definitely need them beforehand, Hep B jabs take a few months to have, once a month for three months and then a blood test on the fourth I believe. The best place to have this done is at a hospital that offers an STD/GUM clinic. I know it seems weird but they do it for free as you will be a high risk group.

Your local GP may do it for free but they aren't required to, even if you are eventually going to be around people who are Hep B positive. (You're looking at £40 a jab)

I doubt you'll have to have it done before you start, though. :wink:
Reply 3312
Hi, so if you havent applied for your bursary yet because you haven't received any information you should just do it online? This is so stressful! x
Original post by Aimee_13
Hi, so if you havent applied for your bursary yet because you haven't received any information you should just do it online? This is so stressful! x

Yes! They are now advising anyone who hasnt recieved an invite yet but is starting in Sep to go ahead and apply now. They're really active on facebook and keep updating whats going on, you can ask questions on there and they reply back within the hour usually which is really useful - https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/NHS-Student-Bursaries/148320495240479 and to apply you register here: https://myaccount.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Pages/Login.aspx :smile:
Original post by Rama2
Hello all, I have an interview coming up for LSBU fro Adult Nursing. I was just wondering if anyone can give me any tips about the interview. Thanks

Hi!

I had mine at LSBU last week, it was fine!.They asked me the usual questions like you why do you want to be a nurse,why adult nursing..and some nursing scenerio questions.The ladies were really nice and made it quite relaxing!

Keep me posted

Good luck...hope this helps!:smile:
Reply 3315
Hi, Thanks a lot. Mine is on Monday, a bit nervous, but i will do my best really want to go to South bank. How long will it take for them to let you know if you got a place or not?
Reply 3316
Did you have to write any essay and do group interviews?
Reply 3317
Do you have to write any Essay and do group discussions?
Original post by Rama2
Do you have to write any Essay and do group discussions?

Hi,

I had just a English and maths test at the open day then the interview a few weeks later.. It was a 1:1 interview no group ones.

I was supposed to find out the following day but they forgot to photocopy my educational transcript etc.. Make you show them on your interview and add them as a choice on ucas.. I'm still waiting and it'll b a week on Tuesday! They shouldn't take long as were late applicants!

Good luck for Tom x keep me posted how you get on x
Reply 3319
Ooh i see. Thanks a lot for your help. I wish you all the best and hope they will accept you.

Thanks will let you know how I get on. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending