The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3380
Original post by CaseyJ
I have a place on the Children's Nursing degree course at Greenwich University. Start date is May 2012!! I am very excited :smile:

I'm 24 and have been working since I finished my A-Levels so this is a career change for me.

I have already started buying books (while I have the money):
The Student Nurse Handbook (2nd ed) - Amazon - £10.92
Bailliere's Nurses' Dictionary - Amazon - £3.49
Ross and Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness - Amazon - £6.74

The Student Handbook and Anatomy book were from Amazon traders and the Anatomy book was 2nd hand (like new) because the brand new versions were a bit pricey.

I have also subscribed to Nursing Standard online and I receive their magazine. It's a MASSIVE resource with leaftlets, archives and news!

I would love to hear from fellow Child Nursing students and anyone who will be studying a NUrsing course with Greenwich next year!

Your first year will be about communication in healthcare(types) get a good book that you like and read loads. You will have lots of exposure to clinical skills practice. I bought 'Clinical skills - The Essence of Caring, 2009' by Helen Iggulden, Caroline McDonald and Karen Staniland, found it very helpful. P.S. The secret to doing well at university is lots and lots of reading, good time-management, and keeping a balance between study, leisure, sleep etc. Don't forget to enjoy it your three years, it can be hard work sometimes but worth it at the end, as you will have a BSc Degree and will also be a qualified paediatric nurse. Good Luck
Reply 3381
Original post by misslarmour
Hey, I used my placement supervisor as my 2nd reference for northumbria! it got sent off 2 weeks ago now and still not heard from them! the wait is killing me! :frown: emmie x

Northumbia have asked me for a 2nd reference too! i still havent heard but its my only option left and i really need to know!!:frown: x
Reply 3382
Does anybody know if you can defer a child nursing degree? :smile:
Reply 3383
Original post by Kate-:)
When was your interview? What branch have you applied for? Who are you going to get to do it?

I have to send a 2nd reference too. I had an interview for child nursing on the 15th of November. I rang Northumbria admissions today and they said they are reading the second references on the 30th of Janurary so we should find out 7-10 working days after that :smile: fingers crossed! xx
Original post by jennifer_c
I just got an offer for De Montfort Uni - Adult nursing. But it's for the January 2013 entry and im really confused about how this would work out for the accommodation? Should i book it for sept 2012 and pay rent for 3 months which im not even staying there? Please help me if anyone else are in this situation? xx

How was the interview like for adult nursing at university of surrey?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending