The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shirlene1411
I applied to Leeds Met and I have a Conditional Offer!

Hiya :smile: how long after sending your application off did you hear back from them? I sent mine in December and still haven't heard anything! Do Leeds met interview too?
Original post by MoonFlower
Heya, I've applied for Leeds uni Adult and have just firmed them :smile:

Hiya well done! :smile: when did you send your application off? I'm becoming really impatient waiting to hear as Leeds is my first choice! How was the interview too?
Original post by lauren_lfc

Hiya well done! :smile: when did you send your application off? I'm becoming really impatient waiting to hear as Leeds is my first choice! How was the interview too?

Thanks :smile: I sent mine off at the end of Sep and had my interview at the beginning of December. Have you had an interview with them yet? Its really nice and relaxed, you do a maths test on the comp and then in groups of 4 you do a mind map together.
Hiya :smile: how long after sending your application off did you hear back from them? I sent mine in December and still haven't heard anything! Do Leeds met interview too?

Hi there I sent my UCAS off in November. I heard back from Leeds Met on 5th January and exactly two weeks after on the 19th January, I had to go to a Selection Day, where I had a group interview- this was discussion our opinions and giving answers to questions. This lasted about 45 minutes, which actually flew in. Then we went to a computer suite to do a numeracy and literacy test on the computer, which were so piss easy. I then heard another week and a half later than I got a Conditional Offer. All the best, Hope you hear soon Did you apply to Leeds Met and Uni of Leeds?
Original post by MoonFlower
Thanks :smile: I sent mine off at the end of Sep and had my interview at the beginning of December. Have you had an interview with them yet? Its really nice and relaxed, you do a maths test on the comp and then in groups of 4 you do a mind map together.

oh did you, ive not had an interview yet. Ive not even heard anything off them yet! hoping its soon lol.
Original post by shirlene1411
Hi there I sent my UCAS off in November. I heard back from Leeds Met on 5th January and exactly two weeks after on the 19th January, I had to go to a Selection Day, where I had a group interview- this was discussion our opinions and giving answers to questions. This lasted about 45 minutes, which actually flew in. Then we went to a computer suite to do a numeracy and literacy test on the computer, which were so piss easy. I then heard another week and a half later than I got a Conditional Offer. All the best, Hope you hear soon Did you apply to Leeds Met and Uni of Leeds?

How many people were at your interview? Was it formal? Yes ive applied to both Leeds Met and Uni of Leeds. Is leeds met your firm?
How many people were at your interview? Was it formal? Yes ive applied to both Leeds Met and Uni of Leeds. Is leeds met your firm?

Well Leeds Met actually had the mental health nurses and adult nurses at the same selection day, but they split us up and I'd say there was about 25 there that applied for adult nursing, and you go into groups of 4 for the interview, and its just 4 candidates and one lecturer. Na Leeds Met is like my last choice, I wuna stay at home in N.I but if I have to go across the water, I would prefere to go to Glasgow. I have an interview for Glasgow Caley on Weds, really hope it goes well and I get in! Leeds is a beautiful city, I am not doubting that, but Scotlands that wee bit closer to home for me! but if I can't get in anywhere then I'll probably take up the Leeds offer, Gona keep my options open until the balls in my court! Where else did you apply? Are you from Leeds? if so is Leeds Met considered good? is it reputable? I chose it as a choice as it was simple one of the easier ones to get into, only looking for MMM grades from my BTEC ND course in Health and Social Care!
Reply 1887
Hi all,

Getting really impatient!

London South Bank said they would let me know in 24 hours and that was Thursday!!! Really want to know so tried to call and no one is picking up the phone :frown: Sent my references off for Northumbria and just waiting to here whether I have an offer, I passed their interview stage so fingers crossed!!!!

Hate this waiting!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 1888
Has anybody got any tips for Northumbria interview I have mine on Wednesday for child nursing?
Thanks xx
Anybody going to the Middlesex interview for adult nursing at 1pm tomorrow? :smile:
Reply 1890
Original post by emmacymru
oo good luck :smile: i just wanna start uni now haha! Swansea's mine :smile: xx

Ye samee :smile: ye it does seem a really good course there, have you applied to be based at swansea for the first year?xx
Original post by sophiecat
I've applied to: BCU, Edge hill, Stafford (obv lol), cardiff and keele!
What about you? :smile:

UWE, Keele, De Montfort, Nottingham and Staffordshire :smile: Have u heard from other unis?
Reply 1892
Has anyone applied to university of Leeds or Leeds met for adult nursing?

I've applied for the university of leeds for adult nursing, got an interview for there on the 23rd! Interview for manchester on wednesday! :smile:
Reply 1893
Does anyone know when and how to apply for the NHS student busary?x
Original post by zoii
Does anyone know when and how to apply for the NHS student busary?x

http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3254.aspx

I think I did mine about June last year.
losing hope lol...its rlly competitive..
Reply 1896
Original post by beckylewis
I had an interview at BCU recently for children's nursing - but the questions didn't relate to children at all so they will probe be the same questions, you do them on a computer and they are very easy... like 10% of 350 etc lol. just make sure you know how to x by decimals as that was one question e.g 34.5 x 40 that was probably the hardest on their.

go on their website, they have sample papers - they are JUST!! like that!!! the english was practically the same!! i got 12/12 on the maths and 15/16 on the english - they rant used in the selection process this year i don't think as its their first year doing them so just relax and you'll be fine!

ive been looking at their website , it seems pretty relaxed , thanks for the advice. .
Good Luck.
Reply 1897
Has anyone heard from Edge Hill for Adult Nursing Sept start?
It's been 4 weeks since my interview and I'm scared now :frown:
Original post by SoftMusk

Original post by SoftMusk
losing hope lol...its rlly competitive..

aww dont loose hope chick, you'll be fine! Have you got any offers yet? Where have you applied?
Reply 1899
Original post by Lauren12
Has anyone got a interview for child nursing at southampton on the 28th of this month ? i am really worried about the english and maths exams that you have too do ??

heya! ive heard they ask you to do some drug calculations in the maths test, so that could be worth looking up. I've applied to Southampton as a back up, but had no reply yet... some unis seem to be taking ages. Surrey if my first choice and i have a conditional offer woop!

where else have you applied to?

Good luck

x x x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending