The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CMarie
heya! ive heard they ask you to do some drug calculations in the maths test, so that could be worth looking up. I've applied to Southampton as a back up, but had no reply yet... some unis seem to be taking ages. Surrey if my first choice and i have a conditional offer woop!

where else have you applied to?

Good luck :smile:

x x x

Im a current 1st year student at Southampton - Child Branch. Don't remember the drugs calcs last year during the test, just general maths calculations. Just revise the normal maths stuff, nothing special.
Reply 1901
haha yeah sent that reply to the wrong person, i met some people at Surrey interview and they said they had to try and work out some drug calculations (a bit mean i think!)

What do you think of southampton? is my second choice :smile:

x x x
Original post by CMarie
haha yeah sent that reply to the wrong person, i met some people at Surrey interview and they said they had to try and work out some drug calculations (a bit mean i think!)

What do you think of southampton? is my second choice :smile:

x x x

Awesome!:yes:
Original post by zoii
Ye samee :smile: ye it does seem a really good course there, have you applied to be based at swansea for the first year?xx

Yeah I did cause Carmarthen is like 20-30 minutes from Swansea, so living in student village, it'd be further to go! Did you? xx
Hey, is anyone waiting to hear back from Bournemouth as to whether they have an interview or not? I was informed I had been shortlisted at the start of January but still waiting on whether I'll be interviewed and I keep checking my emails 10 times a day!!! lol

Would just be nice to know if anyone else is in the same boat?

Reply 1905
Original post by glf2110
http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/Students/3254.aspx

I think I did mine about June last year.

oh right okay :smile: thank you x
Hello Nurses ,

I am just wondering does anyone knoe when you acatually need to get the hep B jab ? i am slighty worried about it.

x
Has anyone heard back from cov or bcu ? i had my interview 24th jan at cov 27th jan at bcu still waiting to hear ?!

I had a interview at stafford on 2nd feb and received a letter on the 8th saying my interview was succsessful but there not offering any places till mid april.. so now waiting to see if i get one :frown: hate all this waiting !!
forgot to say... child nursing !!!
Reply 1909
Original post by sarahbelleharper
Has anyone heard back from cov or bcu ? i had my interview 24th jan at cov 27th jan at bcu still waiting to hear ?!

I had a interview at stafford on 2nd feb and received a letter on the 8th saying my interview was succsessful but there not offering any places till mid april.. so now waiting to see if i get one :frown: hate all this waiting !!

Hey, I've got an unconditional place at BCU, my interview was mid December and I found out a month later after the Christmas break.

Fingers crossed for u
Original post by MoonFlower
aww dont loose hope chick, you'll be fine! Have you got any offers yet? Where have you applied?

I hope so....I haven't got no offers yet...Ive applied to leeds met, bradford and huddersfield, rejected from hudds so yeah..but ive been looking at other options to get into nursing if this doesnt work out so atleast i know what im doing (:
Reply 1911
Has anyone heard anything from Bangor (mental health branch) yet? soo nervous with all this waiting and interviews! x
Original post by babyrosie101
Hi all :smile: Has anyone heard anything for child nursing from Canterbury Christchurch yet? It's the only one I have applied to, as I live in Kent and have children so have to stay local. Feeling really un-nerved by the fact that I haven't heard anything - especially as so many of you seem to have offers at other unis already :eek:

well done to those who have offers and good luck to those who have interviews coming up.

Hi! I went to the open day on Saturday (it's amazing and my first choice!) - they said for Child Nursing they interview every applicant as long as they have their Maths and English GCSE, there are over 360 applicants for 22 places though so I wish you the very best of luck and hope to see you there in September!
Original post by jadey21
Hi all,

Getting really impatient!

London South Bank said they would let me know in 24 hours and that was Thursday!!! Really want to know so tried to call and no one is picking up the phone :frown: Sent my references off for Northumbria and just waiting to here whether I have an offer, I passed their interview stage so fingers crossed!!!!

Hate this waiting!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got mine tomorrow - any interviews hints?! :smile:
Original post by zoii
Does anyone know when and how to apply for the NHS student busary?x

Once you've been offered a place, the university sends your details off to the NHS and they send you a letter with your application pack, or something like that! I know we don't have to do anything until we hear from the NHS anyway so don't worry just yet! xx
Original post by zoii
Has anyone heard anything from Bangor (mental health branch) yet? soo nervous with all this waiting and interviews! x

I had a mental health interview a couple of weeks ago, there were two of us, you have an individual interview so... it's going to take a while to get through everyone, by this point I'd say no news is good news =) x
Original post by edobson93
Hello Nurses ,

I am just wondering does anyone knoe when you acatually need to get the hep B jab ? i am slighty worried about it.

x

It's a course of 3 jabs and a blood test which you have to have done before your first placement. I had mine before I went to uni.
Original post by sarahbelleharper

hey, i had my interview for children's nursing at bcu last monday (6th i believe) i got a conditional offer earlier today, its my top choice so really pleased!!! is it your top too? i love the uni, now i just need to achieve the grades which i doubt i will :eek: lol good luck!! xxx
Original post by daniroberts824
Hi! I went to the open day on Saturday (it's amazing and my first choice!) - they said for Child Nursing they interview every applicant as long as they have their Maths and English GCSE, there are over 360 applicants for 22 places though so I wish you the very best of luck and hope to see you there in September!

I had heard that there were 22 spaces for canterbury and 22 for medway campus?? When is your interview? Good luck. xx
Original post by KingGoonIan

Original post by KingGoonIan
Adult branch, applying to York, Surrey, Nottingham, Northumbria and dunno where else :smile:

How about yourself?

hey , i have applied to york and northumbria have you heard anything from either? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending