The Student Room Group

What is worse: RAPE or MURDER?

Poll

What is worse: RAPE or MURDER?

What do you think?

Scroll to see replies

Murder.

Edit: Hopefully no negs from those "So you're trivialising rape?" kinds of idiots.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Murder obviolsy, rape is disgusting and a cruel thing to do, but killing someone and totally wiping out there existence is alot worst. But yeah both are evil.
(edited 12 years ago)
Murder....but both are horrible.
Reply 4
Why don't you ask Ken Clarke...
Crime isn't a competition. They're all bad/unforgiveable (obviously the major ones more than the minor ones though).
Original post by Mangaka
Murder but TBH i would rather have a son that killed someone than a son that raped someone... lol im such a hypocrite

Reply 7
Murder.

Rape victims can recover and lead 'normal lives', or even if one reasonably supposses that any effect of rape is preferable to death.
Original post by Rebellious-Steve
What do you think?

i think both are pretty naughty.

i think the important thing is who is being raped or murdered? i'd prefer a nice middle class girl to be saved from either outcome and let it instead befall some shouty, ranty chav.
Reply 9
i'd say rape becoz then those women (or men lol) have to live with it for the rest of their lives, feeling worthless and disgusting like it was their fault or summink and the inability to trust men again. Murder ends the life and seeing as no one knows for certain what happens after death you may have done them a favour
Murder, no matter how much you want it, the victim aint ever recovering from that.
Reply 11
You're completely wiping someone out and destroying their life, so murder.
Though who are we to say? anyone here been raped or murdered?
A rape is a rape and hard to argue intent with it.

With murder it could be a mistake like a crime of passion in a utter single second of madness etc and the person doing it didnt intend to kill someone and hated the act of doing it

So in that case certain types of murder is worse.
Reply 13
Murder obviously.
Rape is traumatic but I'm sure there aren't many rape victims who would rather be dead (at least not years after it has happened, maybe you would during the act).
No one has ever recovered from murder but many, many people have recovered from their rape.
(edited 12 years ago)
Duh, murder's WAY worse. First there's the blood everywhere, then you've got to get rid of the weapon and everything...

Hang on. I'm looking at this COMPLETELY the wrong way.
Erm, murder, lol.

With murder it could be a mistake like a crime of passion

That's murder.
didnt intend to kill someone

That's manslaughter. A murder charge requires intent.
Reply 16
Original post by Redreynard
i think both are pretty naughty.

i think the important thing is who is being raped or murdered? i'd prefer a nice middle class girl to be saved from either outcome and let it instead befall some shouty, ranty chav.

Yeah! men should take to the streets and rape working class women!.... idiot.
Reply 17
Original post by Niassuh

Though who are we to say? anyone here been raped or murdered?

Do many rape victims go on to commit suicide?

And would you rather be hit on the head with a loaf of french bread or a jar of ketchup?
Murder.

Sure, rape is a horrific, traumatic experience and there are probably some rape victims who live their life with the fear and the memories. But rape victims can reconstruct their lives, killing someone would completely wipe them out of existence and bear a massive pain on the family and friends as well.
Original post by Mangaka
Yeah! men should take to the streets and rape working class women!.... idiot.

i didn't say that. you need to learn how to process an argument. something i learned aged about 7 in what used to be called "english comprehension" classes.

did you read my first sentence? the one where i said that murder and rape were naughty.
saying one thing is better than another is not saying that either are good. simple logic, but perhaps a bit too much for a simple kid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending