The Student Room Group

What is worse: RAPE or MURDER?

Scroll to see replies

I would rather be raped than murdered so muder is worse. Although usually I dislike rapists more than I dislike murders.
Reply 21
Both are terrible things but I think murder is the worst out of the two, imo.

:|
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Original post by Fusion

Original post by Fusion
Do many rape victims go on to commit suicide?

And would you rather be hit on the head with a loaf of french bread or a jar of ketchup?

I dunno the figures, someone should survey that. And i'd rather be hit with a pillow :P
Reply 23
Original post by Redreynard
i didn't say that. you need to learn how to process an argument. something i learned aged about 7 in what used to be called "english comprehension" classes.

did you read my first sentence? the one where i said that murder and rape were naughty.
saying one thing is better than another is not saying that either are good. simple logic, but perhaps a bit too much for a simple kid.

You said that you would much rather working class women get raped than middle class women.

I sarcasicly exaggerated your comment to emphasise how stupid you are for saying such a thing.
Stupid question
Reply 25
Original post by Redreynard
i think both are pretty naughty.

i think the important thing is who is being raped or murdered? i'd prefer a nice middle class girl to be saved from either outcome and let it instead befall some shouty, ranty chav.

Converesly, one could suppose that rape would have a lesser effect on a middle-class girl who'd be more likely to seek the appropiate support and advice, plus possess more resources (family, finances...), to recover from the ordeal Vis-à-vis a working-class girl.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 26
Rape. As some have said, the victims have to live with the psychological repurcussions. There was a woman on Jeremy Kyle about a month back who got HIV when she was gang raped. I call that murder. At least for the victim it's over quickly if they're actually murdered.
Reply 27
Rape. Straight off, normally after a rape the person who it's happened to actually wishes they'd killed them. Personal experience. Neg if you want, don't care.
RURDER
Reply 29
For the after-effects for the victim, rape.

Yes, murder affects those around the victim more, but the victim themselves may know very little about it, and doesn't suffer for very long (unless you're in some horrible serial killer/torture scenario). Rape, however, can ruin the rest of someone's life, and I think 40 years of potential misery are worse than half an hour of extreme fear and pain.
Original post by Mc^3
Why don't you ask Ken Clarke...

Ken Clarke was totally correct in what he said.

It is an absolute outrage that in this country a 17 year old who has consensual sex with a 15 year old is classed as a rapist. It's just bull****.
I think in Western society rape is seen as a much worse crime than murder because society might be less cynical of a murderer trying to redeem him/herself than a rapist.
Reply 32
Murder by a long shot.
Murder.

Absolutely no question in my mind.
Reply 34
Original post by The Patriot
Murder.

Absolutely no question in my mind.

You've obviously never had rape happen to yourself or somebody around you. Otherwise you'd know otherwise.
Original post by YannTouchable
RURDER

MAPE?
Reply 36
I've only experienced one and it has pushed me close to the other.

It's objective to each person, scenario and situation. I'd rather my mum was raped rather than murdered but i'd rather be dead than get raped.

Please don't neg me, my distorted opinion is merely product of cold hard experience.
Original post by EssexDan86
MAPE?

Aye.
MAPE is chaotic and demented as its twisted twin
When you're murdered, you don't have to live with the thought of what happened. Therefore, for me, rape is far worse.
Original post by PaigeSnow
You've obviously never had rape happen to yourself or somebody around you. Otherwise you'd know otherwise.

What a meaningless statement. You have to be able to justify a stupid claim like that.

I take it that it was you who negged me because my opinion on a subjective issue doesn't match your own?

I could equally say that you've obviously never had murder "happen to yourself or somebody around you."

Moreover, how do you know I haven't had a friend/family member been raped? Oh yeah you don't.

Finally, what difference does it make. You can't just change your moral fibre just because one event affected you personally. Morals views should me made rationally and so remain the same before and after an event, not changed to suit the needs of the victim.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending