The Student Room Group

Help with A2 history please!!

fellow historians,

I need help with A2 history AQA, International relations 1945 - 2004.
i did question 1 and 3, and i honestly thought the first question wasn't too bad.

however with the third question, i am not too sure whether i have correctly executed my argument. i opted against the idea that the idealogical split was the reason for the cold war by arguing that the main reasons was the race for global power and the nuclear arms race, and small satellite states like Afghanistan. i mean that is a good argument but some of the examples i used to prove Americas aim for power also have an idealogical factor. ie the marshall plan and rescuing Greece. this is primarily for the prevention of communism, but i interpretted it in such a way that i used it as a way for America to dominate the world with dependency and by not letting the Soviets grow. also i said as a counter argument that Germany showed that there was an idealogical barrier as the berlin wall showed like an Iron curtain

please can someone tell me if this is right or not? i need an A in history, im already on an A and its my 3rd strongest subject after maths and economics

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending