The Student Room Group

OCR 21st Century Additional Science B6C6P6 Post-exam discussion

How did you guys find it? I think it's atrocious that the exam board made another damn mistake. Doesn't anyone check these papers thoroughly? :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by InadequateJusticex
How did you guys find it? I think it's atrocious that the exam board made another damn mistake. Doesn't anyone check these papers thoroughly? :s-smilie:

What mistake? :s-smilie:
I agree with you. How long would it take to check a paper over???!!!!
Original post by Benmaster
What mistake? :s-smilie:

9b part ii. The question about the x on the graph. Weren't you told?
Original post by Greensleeves
I agree with you. How long would it take to check a paper over???!!!!

Yeah I know, surely they hire people for that purpose solely? If they haven't, then they really should. They've made about 2 or more mistakes this year alone...
Reply 5
Loved this exam :biggrin: <---- not literally lol!! The only question I didnt get was the one about the purity and the balancing charges at the end...does anyone know the answers to those? For the purity I said something about filtration...dno if thats right....what did you guys put??
Original post by jump123
Loved this exam :biggrin: &lt;---- not literally lol!! The only question I didnt get was the one about the purity and the balancing charges at the end...does anyone know the answers to those? For the purity I said something about filtration...dno if thats right....what did you guys put??

Yeah same, I put the impurities are easier to take out because it doesn't participate in the reaction, so when it's turning into a liquid, the impurities can be filtered out, etc..' I totally guessed the last question about the nitrate ion.
So weird, I found this much easier than the B3/C3/P3 exam!
Does anyone have a rough idea what the grade boundaries could be?
Reply 8
I said that the impurities were gasses? Or was this a different question?

I thought it was shocking there was a mistake in the exam! At least we got told about it at the start!
Original post by drewb

I thought it was shocking there was a mistake in the exam! At least we got told about it at the start!

Lol great I'm not sure if it was gas or solid now xD
Original post by jump123
Loved this exam :biggrin: <---- not literally lol!! The only question I didnt get was the one about the purity and the balancing charges at the end...does anyone know the answers to those? For the purity I said something about filtration...dno if thats right....what did you guys put??

Thats what i put!!! :biggrin:
I found this one so much easier than the 4s
we were told at the end :/
spent 5 mins on that question in the exam thinking WTF
:angry:
Reply 12
Original post by drewb

what mistake o.o
I swear the pH was 6 at the "X", so it meant not all the acid was used up because 6 is still acidic - it wasn't neutralised yet, so there's still acid. That's the box I ticked.

I don't know why it's a mistake, we weren't told about it! Please explain, and also, what do you think will happen to our grades, do they leave that question out? Wouldn't that make it out of 41 and make it harder for an A* (JUST SLIGHTLY harder)

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Yeah same, I put the impurities are easier to take out because it doesn't participate in the reaction, so when it's turning into a liquid, the impurities can be filtered out, etc..' I totally guessed the last question about the nitrate ion.

Yh I said something along those lines, hopefully we'll pick up a couple of marks :smile: yh the last question was apparently NO3- according to my friends.... I didnt put that lol :confused:
Reply 14
Original post by Sokka
what mistake o.o
I swear the pH was 6 at the "X", so it meant not all the acid was used up because 6 is still acidic - it wasn't neutralised yet, so there's still acid. That's the box I ticked.

I don't know why it's a mistake, we weren't told about it! Please explain, and also, what do you think will happen to our grades, do they leave that question out? Wouldn't that make it out of 41 and make it harder for an A* (JUST SLIGHTLY harder)

EDIT: the nitrate one was obv NO3 2-

Yh it's out of 41 now, I'm guessing A* will be about 31.....thats how it usually goes with the new spec (more written questions) we were told about it at the beginning lol...but you wont be put at a disadvantage, they just wont mark it.
Reply 15
Original post by jump123
Yh it's out of 41 now, I'm guessing A* will be about 31.....thats how it usually goes with the new spec (more written questions) we were told about it at the beginning lol...but you wont be put at a disadvantage, they just wont mark it.

Thanks. But the thing is, I still don't get what the mistake was. Can someone plz tell me? Thanks :biggrin:
EDIT: what did everyone put for the light reflecting one on P6 section. Where it reflects of to the microphone - you had to draw a reflection line, what di you do. i drew it and then added lines which were further apart.
Loads of people in my year drew 3 lines xD (They drew the reflection, the transmition and also the refraction!! :redface: I feel for them)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by Sokka
Thanks. But the thing is, I still don't get what the mistake was. Can someone plz tell me? Thanks :biggrin:

the mistake was it asked the point x, what can you tell about it and the answers were about the rate of reactions and it should be a rate of reaction question than that question. :smile:- hope it clears it!!

Exams board made to many mistakes this seasons!!!!!:mad:.
Reply 17
Original post by Sokka
EDIT: what did everyone put for the light reflecting one on P6 section. Where it reflects of to the microphone - you had to draw a reflection line, what di you do. i drew it and then added lines which were further apart.
Loads of people in my year drew 3 lines xD (They drew the reflection, the transmition and also the refraction!! :redface: I feel for them)

I was shocked at the mistake, we were told to cross it out at the start. The question asked what happened at X. I think At X the answer wouldv'e been the reaction was finished or reactants used up. But the answers were referring to acids? Like the acid ran out? When clearly it didn't lol :P

I thought the exam was good, a few hard ones but could've been worse :biggrin:
Original post by Sokka
what mistake o.o
I swear the pH was 6 at the &quot;X&quot;, so it meant not all the acid was used up because 6 is still acidic - it wasn't neutralised yet, so there's still acid. That's the box I ticked.

Yes the exam is now out of 41, because they can't mark the wrong question lol. I hope boundaries are low :frown:

Original post by jump123
Yh I said something along those lines, hopefully we'll pick up a couple of marks :smile: yh the last question was apparently NO3- according to my friends.... I didnt put that lol :confused:

Nice :smile: And lol what I realised is that I circled the correct answer (by guessing) but I decided to change it last minute. >.<

Original post by Sokka

Wait, I swear there was only one question that asked you to draw, which is the wave being reflected by the board? O_O
Reply 19
Yes the exam is now out of 41, because they can't mark the wrong question lol. I hope boundaries are low :frown:

Nice :smile: And lol what I realised is that I circled the correct answer (by guessing) but I decided to change it last minute. >.<

Wait, I swear there was only one question that asked you to draw, which is the wave being reflected by the board? O_O

Yep, it was one question. It simply asked you to draw ONE reflection line with perpendicular lines on it (like the incidence line) but more spread out, however, some people in my year drew THREE lines on that on picture.
What did you draw? o.O

Quick Reply

Latest