Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Announcements Posted on
Live webchat: Student Finance explained - on TSR from 2 - 3pm 17-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moghul)
    I have an interview at an American law firm coming up, can you help me please? Thanks!
    Which firm is it? Not sure I can help but PM me with what you need help on and we can discuss
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer for Ashurst for their spring scheme! I applied to the summer one but they said because of the Olympics they are trying to put more people on the spring one.

(Original post by Caroline_)
    I also have one coming up next week. Can you share what it was like afterwards? No idea what to expect
    I just had the interview, it is really nothing to worry about, the partner I had was really nice and it was just competency stuff. Apparently they let you know the outcome within 2ish weeks. Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    AC with WRAGGE! YAAAYY!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know where I can practice the Watson Glaser test??
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Balagan)
    Interview with Olswang

any tips would be very appreciated!
    Me too

I've asked around and apparently it's quite informal - more along the lines of a 'getting to know you' type chat...

Has anyone heard anything from Macfarlanes, Farrer's or Charles Russell?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    First ever interview tomorrow! (For speechly VS) I am SO nervous...any last minute tips/advice?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Ince & Co? They emailed me two months ago to say they were contacting my academic referee and since then I've had no word at all. Is it standard or them to send out the email about references
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odietamo)
    I think a few people have had open days there. I had mine a few weeks ago and unfortunately didn't get the VS, but I think a few others have had offers. When did you apply?

ETA: I'm also waiting on your other two!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Purple Hazer Blazer)
    Anyone heard from Ince & Co? They emailed me two months ago to say they were contacting my academic referee and since then I've had no word at all. Is it standard or them to send out the email about references
    I emailed them to update my application with a new job I got. They said they were in the middle of reviewing my application right now. I imagine we will hear back by Friday...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by odietamo)
    Me too

I've asked around and apparently it's quite informal - more along the lines of a 'getting to know you' type chat...

Just wondered how long it took for them to reply after taking the online tests? I took mine on Sunday and haven't heard anything yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from:

- Bristows
    -Bird and Bird
    -Squire Sanders Hammonds
    - Lewis Silkin

?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WTF my mark on inductive reasoning was not good enough for Field Fisher Waterhouse....but got my an an AC for herbet smith? Because that makes sense....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    anyone else still waiting for a reply regarding their initial application from Slaughters? Undecided whether this is good or not...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SummerEyes)
    Anyone heard from:

-Bird and Bird

?
    Nothing since the initial confirmation of receipt email.

When did you apply? I didn't get my application in until late (26th) so am not expecting anything for a while yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    WTF my mark on inductive reasoning was not good enough for Field Fisher Waterhouse....but got my an an AC for herbet smith? Because that makes sense....
    I had same issue. My verbal reasoning was not good enuf for ever****es, but Okay for Wragge & Co and CMS Cameron McKenna. Does not make sense.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linguistlawyer)
    I had same issue. My verbal reasoning was not good enuf for ever****es, but Okay for Wragge & Co and CMS Cameron McKenna. Does not make sense.
    I'm fuming. I've rang graduate recruitment and left a voicemail asking if i can resit the test, saying there is more to a trainee than a logic test and if they looked at my application form they would see I'm more than suited to the firm....

Guess I'll wait to hear back to them saying no.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody know how long Slaughter and May generally take to get back to you after a VS interview?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!
    Any advice for the Herbert Smith assessment day?

Thanks so much!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm fuming. I've rang graduate recruitment and left a voicemail asking if i can resit the test, saying there is more to a trainee than a logic test and if they looked at my application form they would see I'm more than suited to the firm....

Guess I'll wait to hear back to them saying no.
    Brave move.

Although worse case scenario is that they say "no" and you're no worse off. So worth a try, I suppose.

Incidentally, I agree with you entirely; the sort of tests where they set an absolute 'pass mark' are a very short-sighted way of recruiting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Mills & Reeve, Cobbetts, Hill Dickinson or Walker Morris?
Updated: November 30, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.