The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2820
Original post by VacS
Anyone else heard from White and Case today?

Nope, still waiting.. was it good news?
Original post by 393
Hey, is any one on the Pinsent Masons vac scheme (18 - 29 June)? If so, would you like to swap me and do the 2 - 13 July scheme? Please...:smile:

Hi, congrats on getting the scheme. May I ask when you heard back post interview?
Hi guys I've got an addleshaw goddard assessment centre coming up and I wondered if anyone who has had one already had any tips about the day and what format the interview takes/what type of questions they are likely to ask
Reply 2823
Hi everyone, has anyone heard back post AC from Clyde & Co for the easter vac scheme yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Egyptian
Nope, still waiting.. was it good news?

To be honest, I would say that they have contacted all the successful candidates by now. I'd imagine that they probably got in touch with everyone they wanted over the course of 2 days or so....

Expecting a PFO to find its way into my inbox at a later date now that I know they've made offers...sometimes ignorance is bliss!! :frown:
Reply 2825
Original post by rainbowsolero
To be honest, I would say that they have contacted all the successful candidates by now. I'd imagine that they probably got in touch with everyone they wanted over the course of 2 days or so....

Expecting a PFO to find its way into my inbox at a later date now that I know they've made offers...sometimes ignorance is bliss!! :frown:

It really annoys me that firms don't just send PFO's if they've handed all their offers out. Really does my head in :angry:
Reply 2826
Original post by sxp842
Has anyone still not heard anything from Withers? I don't know if this is a good sign or a bad sign...

They phoned me yesterday to invite me to an interview, so they are clearly still looking at applications.
Original post by moves_like_jagger
So, 2 week anniversary since Mishcon interview. Should I call and ask for the outcome now??

I'm waiting for Mishcon too, yesterday marked my one week anniversary since the interview. Not holding much hope at all at this point ...
Reply 2828
Original post by stefwad75
It seems people are having a few VS clashes...I'm concerned that some of the firms I'm waiting on post-interview clash with a VS I already have...to the people who have a clash, are the law firms aware of your situation...or are you just trying to sort it out yourself? Are they very strict about the number of people they will take for each one so that you're unable to switch?

I'm having this exact problem, it's such a difficult situation because I accepted offers way back in January, but some of my favourite firms are only just doing interviews now, and I don't feel good about rejecting a firm that's already reserved a place on the scheme for me... been asking around (tutors/older students etc.) and haven't really had any decent advice about what do to! :frown:
Pinsent Masons offer! Shame I had to turn it down cause I had just accepted another firm's offer and the dates clashed :frown:
Reply 2830
Pinsent Masons offer!
Also, if anyone applied to the Leeds office and is still awaiting word, Ed Walker mentioned at interview they were hoping to have informed all the Leeds candidates by the end of this week. Not sure about other offices, but good luck to anyone still waiting to hear :smile:
Reply 2831
Original post by Rosey2
It really annoys me that firms don't just send PFO's if they've handed all their offers out. Really does my head in :angry:

Couldn't agree more. I mean, term is almost over :P

I just received an offer from Jones Day though so it's probably for the best. I was really lucky, it doesn't clash with my other scheme. Fingers crossed for these of you still waiting :smile:
Reply 2832
Original post by rainbowsolero

Do you really think so? Is this more of a hunch?

I really hope not I have been waiting for ages!
Reply 2833
PFO from Stephenson Harwood. I'd forgotten I'd applied, heh.
PFO from Withers, looks like they remembered me! haha
Original post by VacS
Do you really think so? Is this more of a hunch?

I really hope not I have been waiting for ages!

It is a hunch, but a very strong hunch! Pretty disappointed to tell the truth, they are 100% my 1st choice for a TC, would have loved a VS there. Think the best hope for you and I is that people who have been offered a place can't accept it, there seem to be lots of people with clashing vacation schemes!
Hi everyone! Thanks for all the information, it's been so helpful.
I had an SJ Berwin interview about 4 weeks ago and I'm a bit concerned. Did anyone get their acceptances after a substantial amount of time? Or is this likely to result in a PFO?

Had both a Jones Day and Weil interview, and both PFOs!
Reply 2837
Hill Dickinson just called and said they will be sorting through all the applications by end of next week.
Reply 2838
Just had a PFO from Squire Sanders following the debacle with posting on FB that they had filled their VS this summer .. only took them a couple more days to graciously inform me that I wasn't through. Bit rude tbh!!
Original post by kitze
Just had a PFO from Squire Sanders following the debacle with posting on FB that they had filled their VS this summer .. only took them a couple more days to graciously inform me that I wasn't through. Bit rude tbh!!

I got a PFO email from SS at like half 10 last night. Fun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending