Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell Manchester re BLS assessment day on Friday? I missed a call from G.R.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by russellkaminski)
    Has anyone heard from Irwin Mitchell Manchester re BLS assessment day on Friday? I missed a call from G.R.
    I was there too! But havnt heard back...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything else from Bircham Dyson Bell yet other than the shortlisting email?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Bristows yet? I put my first choice as their spring placement, but haven't' heard anything!
    And anyone still waiting to hear from Clyde & Co?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erus35)
    Don't give up mate! I really can understand where you coming from. It took me 3 years and over 100 rejections to get 2 Vac Schemes this year. I am really happy about this! Persevere, my friend, you will get there in the end!

The same goes for everyone else! Persevere and do not put your hands down! Last year after being interviewed for a TC in top firms I really felt like giving up but by continuing and trying my best I finally got somewhere. The same will happen to you guys.

I really sincerely wish you good luck!
    Thanks mate, I needed to read something like this.

Congrats on those Vac schemes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    STILL no reply from any of the following....anyone else heard something? I'm definitely assuming it'll be a stack of PFOs...

Covington and Burling, Charles Russell, HLW Keeble Hawson, Hunters, Leathes Prior, Goody Burrett, Silverdale and Hay & Kilner

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how the training contract process tends to work if you have a vac scheme with that firm?

I've got a Vac Scheme with Addleshaw Goddard, and my application was joint vac scheme/TC 2014, so I'm presuming I won't have to go through another round of phone interview and assessment centre?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraAS)
    STILL no reply from any of the following....anyone else heard something? I'm definitely assuming it'll be a stack of PFOs...

Covington and Burling, Charles Russell, HLW Keeble Hawson, Hunters, Leathes Prior, Goody Burrett, Silverdale and Hay & Kilner

I was invited for interview at Covington about 3 weeks ago and had it yesterday. They told me that they would let me know whether I was successful with my application in the next week..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard from Bond Pearce or Veale Wasborough Vizards?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do VWV do a proper vac scheme now? They didn't last year when I looked at them.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue locket)
    Has anyone heard anything from; Shoosmiths, Weightmans or Trowers and Hamlins?
    Nothing from Weightmans...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elguiri)
    Nothing from Weightmans but Ive had PFOs from the other two
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elguiri)
    Waiting to hear from Weightmans is KILLING ME. but on the website it says we should hear by March 30th...so if nothing by next week think I'll just ring up!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bristows PFO.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Irwin Mitchell Manchester Vac Scheme
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mpickup)
    Bristows PFO.
    Likewise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello45)
    Has anyone heard anything from Bristows yet? I put my first choice as their spring placement, but haven't' heard anything!
    And anyone still waiting to hear from Clyde & Co?
    It seems like Bristows have done some emailing today so you should've got something from them. I got a stalling email explaining large number of applications, will be in touch soon etc, meanwhile a few mates have had PFOs
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Eversheds Vac scheme! Has any body else got a place at the Leeds office?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LJohno13)
    Eversheds Vac scheme! Has any body else got a place at the Leeds office?
    Congrats! Unfortunately that is almost certainly doom for me as I've heard nothing (and applied ages ago)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midlandsman)
    Does anyone know of any 31st March Deadline Vac Schemes, preferably ones just needing a CV + Cover letter?
    Laytons.
Updated: November 30, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.