The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3020
Original post by russellkaminski
Have you heard from them yet? Would be cool if you were there at the same time

REceived rejection yesterday..really sad
Reply 3021
Covington and Burling vac scheme offer :smile:
Reply 3022
Original post by mpickup
Not looking good it appears that Charles Russell are my last hope. Has anyone heard anything from them today yet? I swear that their acknowledgement email stated that they would get back to us by the end of March.

Yeah they did say hopefully by the end of march.. i haven't heard anything either
Hey is anyone doing an interview with Gateley, Manchester?
Reply 3024
Charles Russell phone interview, can't make the dates of the scheme though!

Anyway that's finaaally it from all my apps so I can say goodbye to this forum (although will probably be back to stalking in the summer for training contract applications haha)... good luck everyone! and feel free to PM if you're doing the same schemes, I'm doing Macfarlanes, Mishcon de Reya & Slaughters this summer :smile:
Reply 3025
Original post by 10801
Charles Russell phone interview, can't make the dates of the scheme though!

congratulations on your other vac schemes!! :smile:

when did you hear from Charles Russell? What dates are the schemes?
Reply 3026
Original post by shivermetimbers3
I'm yet to hear back from Bristows too, sent the app around 20th Jan and no news. Most firms have sent a message of some sort by now, even if its along the lines of 'thanks for your app, sorry we will get back to you soon'. Which VacScheme did you ask for?

Just got an email from them last week saying that they were going through apps. It was one of my first apps tbh, and more than a little crap! So not holding my breath. I think I asked for summer.

Good luck!
Reply 3027
Original post by shivermetimbers3
It seems like Bristows have done some emailing today so you should've got something from them. I got a stalling email explaining large number of applications, will be in touch soon etc, meanwhile a few mates have had PFOs

Yes I got one of their emails, I guess at least we've heard something now!
Reply 3028
Original post by crimples
congratulations on your other vac schemes!! :smile:

when did you hear from Charles Russell? What dates are the schemes?

Thanks! :smile: Heard from Charles Russell earlier in March to say they were processing applications, then on Thursday to say they'd received like 660 applications and the next stage is a phone interview. Dates of the scheme are 11 June, 18 June and 2 July... such a shame because I really liked them when I was applying! Good luck anyway :smile:
Weightmans vac scheme :biggrin:
Original post by legalcheerleader
Weightmans vac scheme :biggrin:

April Fools!
Reply 3031
has anyone else still not heard from Charles Russell? Not looking too good right now :s
Reply 3032
Original post by Barlovi
has anyone else still not heard from Charles Russell? Not looking too good right now :s

Still not heard anything either.
Original post by russellkaminski
Hey is anyone doing an interview with Gateley, Manchester?

Me :smile: Did you get the e-mail friday?
Reply 3034
Hi All

DESPERATE PLEA- does anyone on the Pinsent Masons Vacation scheme London 18-28th June want to swap for 2-13 July--- Please reply ASAP if possible!
Reply 3035
Sooo those of you on the Herbert Smith Vac Scheme...do any of you intend to apply for the international bit?! I am actually gutted that I can't do the scheme now as I would've LOVE LOVE LOVED to have gone back to Beijing for a couple of weeks!
Eversheds rejection. ****.
Does anyone know if Hogan Lovells ask all applicants to complete the Critical Thinking Test or are you already screened by that point? (Training Contract or Vac Scheme)

Thanks.
Reply 3038
Original post by ashleym89
Does anyone know if Hogan Lovells ask all applicants to complete the Critical Thinking Test or are you already screened by that point? (Training Contract or Vac Scheme)

Thanks.

All applicants, and then they look at your form.
I know this is a long shot, but I don't suppose anyone has a place on the Manchester summer scheme at DLA for week beginning 18th june and wants to swap to the july dates? Sod's law that I get 2 vac schemes and can only do one.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending