The Student Room Group

Vac Schemes 2012: The early bird catches the firm!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
Original post by stefwad75
Awww, well done. I haven't heard anything sadly. When did you find out?

Thanks. Got an email friday night. They said there's a reserve list too so no news is probably good news at this point
Original post by ihra24
Thanks. Got an email friday night. They said there's a reserve list too so no news is probably good news at this point

Reply 1902
Any advice for MacFarlanes open day please?
Reply 1903
Original post by suffocation1992
Hey, good luck! I was interviewed with them a few weeks ago and got an offer. Good luck - just make sure you know your application and the firm inside out and be positive!

Oh well done you!! :smile: Congrats!! :smile: Thanks for the advice! Was slightly thrown by the fact that it's an associate interviewing, and wasn;t very sure if the interview would be very technical or just more of an informal chat.
Reply 1904
Original post by suffocation1992
Anyone heard anything from Baker & McKenzie?

I got offered an open day in place of an interview on the 31st Jan. Sent my application in on the 20th jan!
Original post by pinpilin
Oh well done you!! :smile: Congrats!! :smile: Thanks for the advice! Was slightly thrown by the fact that it's an associate interviewing, and wasn;t very sure if the interview would be very technical or just more of an informal chat.

Have you had it yet? My interview was not an associate, which for some reason I thought it would be (perhaps I read something?) ... it was two partners which threw me a bit (!), but they were really nice.
Original post by pinpilin
I got offered an open day in place of an interview on the 31st Jan. Sent my application in on the 20th jan!

Oh cool, the Open Day at Bakers is very good as they don't take many people onto it (I think when I went to one it was around 10-15 people).
Reply 1907
I just took the online test for Olswang, lol at the Inductive Reasoning test.
Original post by 10801

Had my interview with Slaughter and May one and a half weeks ago and till haven't heard anything... Anyone else in the same boat? I presume they'll email if they've rejected us.
Original post by legalwar
I just took the online test for Olswang, lol at the Inductive Reasoning test.

Are they the stupid diagrammatic puzzles?
Reply 1910
Original post by beepbeeprichie
Are they the stupid diagrammatic puzzles?

Yes, towards the end it became somewhat of a joke. I understand the idea behind them but to work the last ones out in the amount of time provided requires some crazy skill.
Original post by desideratalison
Had my interview with Slaughter and May one and a half weeks ago and till haven't heard anything... Anyone else in the same boat? I presume they'll email if they've rejected us.

I had mine a week ago (last Monday) and have heard nothing either - they said they'd tell me within two weeks so could be a while longer. Wish they'd hurry up though!
Reply 1912
Original post by ihra24
Me! :biggrin: Am soooo excited to be going back to Bristol!

cool! which day are you on?
Original post by legalwar
Yes, towards the end it became somewhat of a joke. I understand the idea behind them but to work the last ones out in the amount of time provided requires some crazy skill.

I just finished it too...had the just guess randomly for the last few cos I only had a few seconds left! Nightmare
Reply 1914
Hi, I sent all my applications very close to the deadline (really regretting this as I have not heard anything yet)

Anyone heard back from Wragge & Co, Mills & Reeve, DLA Piper (Birmingham), or Cobbetts??

Thank you in advance :h:
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Ashurst?!
Reply 1916
Original post by buddie
Anyone heard back from Wragge & Co

Got an AC with them on the 23rd. Have you done the situation judgement test yet? If you pass that, you get a verbal reasoning test. If you pass that, you get a phone interview. If you pass that, you get the AC invite.

Once you've completed the situation judgement, they seem to move quite quickly through the next stages. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard yet - I applied really early so that's probably why I've heard back already.
Reply 1917
Thank you

I have completed the situation judgement test on Wednesday. However still not heard anything, I am assuming it is because my application was sent a day before the deadline (hopefully this is the case).
Reply 1918
Original post by buddie
Thank you

I have completed the situation judgement test on Wednesday. However still not heard anything, I am assuming it is because my application was sent a day before the deadline (hopefully this is the case).

I suspect so. I took the situation judgement on Dec. 23rd and wasn't asked to take the verbal reasoning until Jan. 11th. Since that was over Christmas/New Year, I expect you'll hear back somewhat quicker than I did
Reply 1919
anyone heard from Nabarro yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending