The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Devyani
haha, I haven't seen many tall guys so y'know
Most of the guys I've seen are like 5.10/11, apart from this lanky kid who was like 6foot 7
I came up to his chest, literally, never felt that tiny against anyone! 8)

I always feel tiny. :frown:
Original post by dreamer9501
Well you did steal my favourite danda. That was mean. :frown:

And hey youre made of iron. Me pinching you or pulling your ear shouldn't really bother you.:tongue:

:tongue:

it still hurts inside :frown: why would anyone want to hurt me :frown:
Original post by Devyani
Lucky girl! Well I have you so I'm going to have the best of both worlds too hehe :P

Loll. Yup sure. We have the whole summer to teach you thandav. :biggrin:

Original post by Devyani
5ft 7 (:
And a nice jaw?! Hmm, i like the image I'm getting :L

Lollll I thought he sounded like maan Singh kurana. :biggrin:
Original post by Indian_Prince
:tongue:

it still hurts inside :frown: why would anyone want to hurt me :frown:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyy no acting cute with me. :tongue: you stole my key and the danda. You shall not be forgiven.
Heyyyyyyyyyyyy no acting cute with me. :tongue: you stole my key and the danda. You shall not be forgiven.

lolol :tongue:

eh, gullable as you said :tongue: its still in the drawer :redface:
lolol :tongue:

eh, gullable as you said :tongue: its still in the drawer :redface:

:mad: you could have told me that earlier.
:mad: you could have told me that earlier.

:tongue: not my fault you dont check lolol :redface:
:tongue: not my fault you dont check lolol :redface:

Oi. I'm a bit slow.
Oi. I'm a bit slow.

lololol, i dont think someone as ssmart as you can be too slow :smile:
lololol, i dont think someone as ssmart as you can be too slow :smile:

Lol I'm not that smart. Don't believe dev. She lies.
Lol I'm not that smart. Don't believe dev. She lies.

um, this is what im saying though :tongue:
um, this is what im saying though :tongue:

Okay fine. Say what you want. But still I'm not that smart.
Reply 232
Loll. Yup sure. We have the whole summer to teach you thandav. :biggrin:

Lollll I thought he sounded like maan Singh kurana. :biggrin:

LOL that's what I thought and got really happy! :P
I'm in india dumdum, when are you going to teach me?!
Original post by Devyani
LOL that's what I thought and got really happy! :P
I'm in india dumdum, when are you going to teach me?!

Oh I just kinda realised I don't know the thandav. I know the shiv stuti but I thought that was the same as the thandav. But apparently not. :confused: I only just found that out.

Oh well I'll teach you the shiv stuti instead. :biggrin: that's pretty cool too.

Oh errm I dunno. Text me when you get back and I'll try and get some good dance lessons for you. I could teach you a relatively simple one that has less footwork and more abhinaya seeing as you're good at drama. It's a dance about Krishna. :biggrin: you could learn that in about a week if you put your head down and are prepared to do about 5 hours per day. That's what I do in India.
Reply 234
Oh I just kinda realised I don't know the thandav. I know the shiv stuti but I thought that was the same as the thandav. But apparently not. :confused: I only just found that out.

Oh well I'll teach you the shiv stuti instead. :biggrin: that's pretty cool too.

Oh errm I dunno. Text me when you get back and I'll try and get some good dance lessons for you. I could teach you a relatively simple one that has less footwork and more abhinaya seeing as you're good at drama. It's a dance about Krishna. :biggrin: you could learn that in about a week if you put your head down and are prepared to do about 5 hours per day. That's what I do in India.

Oh I can do five hours, not a problem :P
It's about Krishna! yaay- Lovee him hehee and I don't mind aslong as I know some classical! Shiv stuti is cool, whatever floats your boat! When am I going to learn it though? I come back on the 23rd! You'd have to like come down one day and let me video you so I can copy it after you've gone! :L
Original post by Devyani
Oh I can do five hours, not a problem :P
It's about Krishna! yaay- Lovee him hehee and I don't mind aslong as I know some classical! Shiv stuti is cool, whatever floats your boat! When am I going to learn it though? I come back on the 23rd! You'd have to like come down one day and let me video you so I can copy it after you've gone! :L

Hmm that gives us enough time. If I came around on the 24th - 27th, can't do 28th, oh wait we've got results day in the middle. I dunno if I'll be able to dance after finding out how crap I've done. But yeah and then we have the 29th and 30th and then I have a five ways residential thing, and then we have to go to sixth form. :frown: we should be able to get it done in those days. Yup you can video me. Btw the song for the Krishna one is in Telugu. It's actually based on an annamayya keertana(dunno if you know who annamayya was) but he was a famous Telugu poet who was a Vishnu devotee so all his poems and songs are like religious. It's cute though. I'll try and send you the lyrics with meaning. You can work at your expressions without me teaching you.

This should be fun. :biggrin:
Reply 236
Hmm that gives us enough time. If I came around on the 24th - 27th, can't do 28th, oh wait we've got results day in the middle. I dunno if I'll be able to dance after finding out how crap I've done. But yeah and then we have the 29th and 30th and then I have a five ways residential thing, and then we have to go to sixth form. :frown: we should be able to get it done in those days. Yup you can video me. Btw the song for the Krishna one is in Telugu. It's actually based on an annamayya keertana(dunno if you know who annamayya was) but he was a famous Telugu poet who was a Vishnu devotee so all his poems and songs are like religious. It's cute though. I'll try and send you the lyrics with meaning. You can work at your expressions without me teaching you.

This should be fun. :biggrin:

BOOYAH! Can't wait! I'm sure you'll have done fine, I mean why wouldn't you have? you're a bloody genius! telegu is fine by me, just vaguely explain what is being said and I should be fine (: Come down whenever you want yeah, and if you have it on your ipod/cd then we can stick it on my speakers which will help quite a bit! A residential?! That sounds wicked, why doesn't our school do that? Oh I'll sort out the expressions, that's finee (:
Original post by Devyani
BOOYAH! Can't wait! I'm sure you'll have done fine, I mean why wouldn't you have? you're a bloody genius! telegu is fine by me, just vaguely explain what is being said and I should be fine (: Come down whenever you want yeah, and if you have it on your ipod/cd then we can stick it on my speakers which will help quite a bit! A residential?! That sounds wicked, why doesn't our school do that? Oh I'll sort out the expressions, that's finee (:

Lol no I'm not a genius. I just have genius friends like Susan and elizabeth baker who are actually geniuses even though they act dumb.. Compared to them I'm not that clever.

In brief the song talks about the different forms Vishnu and compares them to different precious stones. It's mostly about Krishna. The chorus is actually about yashoda and like the relationship between her and Krishna. There's a stanza on rukmini, and a stanza on the gopis. Then there's a a bit of a snake dance type of thing. It's pretty easy. You'll get the hang of it.
Reply 238
Lol no I'm not a genius. I just have genius friends like Susan and elizabeth baker who are actually geniuses even though they act dumb.. Compared to them I'm not that clever.

In brief the song talks about the different forms Vishnu and compares them to different precious stones. It's mostly about Krishna. The chorus is actually about yashoda and like the relationship between her and Krishna. There's a stanza on rukmini, and a stanza on the gopis. Then there's a a bit of a snake dance type of thing. It's pretty easy. You'll get the hang of it.

Snake dance? Oh dear me! You don't understand I'm completely ****ting these results! I know I could have done better but I didn't try hard enough and now if I don't get my 10 A*s then I'm going to have to cry, bucket loads :frown:
I meant the iGCSE is going to make my grades look so bad because I did **** in that too ah maaan :frown:
You're clever enough to get where you need to be, everyone knows that you're clever now shushhh! Susan and Elizabeth are, and so are so many other poeple in our school! really makes me feel crap :L
Original post by Devyani

Ohhh I just found this on a random website. The translation of the song into English.
It's still quite brief though. I've edited it a bit but it still isn't fully correct. I'll find a proper one soon though. If not I'll just write you a proper one and give it to you on Monday.

Chorus which is also the first stanza
Lord Venkateshwara is compared with precious gems in the form of Krishnavatar Leelas. Mother Yasoda is kissing the Bala Krishna (muDugare yasODa) and he is submerged in her kisses like in a tub of pearls (mungidi muTyamu).

And then some of the meaning of the second stanza was missing but it's something about how the gopis of all ages go crazy about him. You no like totally bonkers cus he's so cute. :biggrin:
This bits in the second stamza too. Like a ruby (mAnikyam) he is shining and for kamsa the demon he is strong as a diamond(Vajram).

Chorus

Third stanza:- His consort rukminis lips are like Coral (pagadam). When he is Govarda Giridhari, he is like well dunno the name of the stone in English but its godediga or something like that Telugu. (a brown stone). He is wearing vaidUryam (another precious stone) in between his sanku and chakra.

Chorus

Fourth stanza:- When he is dancing on the head of kAlinga, the serpant king, he glows like pushyaraga (yellow sapphire) and when he is Lord Venkateshwara, he is like indra nIlam (blue sapphire). On the whole he is like all the precious gem stones, always helping the devotees.
Chorus and the end. :smile:

Latest