The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Racks on racks on racks
Original post by Devyani
Snake dance? Oh dear me! You don't understand I'm completely ****ting these results! I know I could have done better but I didn't try hard enough and now if I don't get my 10 A*s then I'm going to have to cry, bucket loads :frown:
I meant the iGCSE is going to make my grades look so bad because I did **** in that too ah maaan :frown:
You're clever enough to get where you need to be, everyone knows that you're clever now shushhh! Susan and Elizabeth are, and so are so many other poeple in our school! really makes me feel crap :L

Woman. 10 a* s!!!! What the hell. You're aiming for more than I am. I'm aiming for 9 and 3 As and then I have a stupid b in dance because I totally ****ed up that exam.
Reply 242
Original post by dreamer9501
Ohhh I just found this on a random website. The translation of the song into English.
It's still quite brief though. I've edited it a bit but it still isn't fully correct. I'll find a proper one soon though. If not I'll just write you a proper one and give it to you on Monday.

Chorus which is also the first stanza
Lord Venkateshwara is compared with precious gems in the form of Krishnavatar Leelas. Mother Yasoda is kissing the Bala Krishna (muDugare yasODa) and he is submerged in her kisses like in a tub of pearls (mungidi muTyamu).

And then some of the meaning of the second stanza was missing but it's something about how the gopis of all ages go crazy about him. You no like totally bonkers cus he's so cute. :biggrin:
This bits in the second stamza too. Like a ruby (mAnikyam) he is shining and for kamsa the demon he is strong as a diamond(Vajram).

Chorus

Third stanza:- His consort rukminis lips are like Coral (pagadam). When he is Govarda Giridhari, he is like well dunno the name of the stone in English but its godediga or something like that Telugu. (a brown stone). He is wearing vaidUryam (another precious stone) in between his sanku and chakra.

Chorus

Fourth stanza:- When he is dancing on the head of kAlinga, the serpant king, he glows like pushyaraga (yellow sapphire) and when he is Lord Venkateshwara, he is like indra nIlam (blue sapphire). On the whole he is like all the precious gem stones, always helping the devotees.
Chorus and the end. :smile:

That's awesome! I really want to learn it now (:
You best come down to mine so I can learn it now, and then i can like perform it and everyone will be like 'woah where did you learn that from? you're usually too lazy to get off your fat arse!' and then I'll be like 'I have an amazing friend called Siri and you guys don't hahaha losers!'
Okay I'm getting too excited now :P Have you done much German? :s-smilie:
Reply 243
Woman. 10 a* s!!!! What the hell. You're aiming for more than I am. I'm aiming for 9 and 3 As and then I have a stupid b in dance because I totally ****ed up that exam.

I like the number 10, and c'mon I need as many as I can for medicine as it is! You don't have to mention the B tbh, it was an extra anyway :smile:
I'm going to do some german now because otherwise i'm goiung to end up with a **** grade in that and I can't be dealing with bad grades :frown:
WHY AM I SO DETERMINED TO GET INTO MEDICINE?! I'm going to end up marrying soemone and becoming a housewife. I can feel it! -.-
Okay fine. Say what you want. But still I'm not that smart.

i think you're being modest =/
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Devyani
I like the number 10, and c'mon I need as many as I can for medicine as it is! You don't have to mention the B tbh, it was an extra anyway :smile:
I'm going to do some german now because otherwise i'm goiung to end up with a **** grade in that and I can't be dealing with bad grades :frown:
WHY AM I SO DETERMINED TO GET INTO MEDICINE?! I'm going to end up marrying soemone and becoming a housewife. I can feel it! -.-

Loll na you'll get into medicine. Atleast you have some aim in life I don't even know what I wanna do yet.

Lol. I need to do some German too but I don't have my text book. I think I have my year 9 one though. Might just use that and hope it's good enough. Lol.
Original post by Devyani
That's awesome! I really want to learn it now (:
You best come down to mine so I can learn it now, and then i can like perform it and everyone will be like 'woah where did you learn that from? you're usually too lazy to get off your fat arse!' and then I'll be like 'I have an amazing friend called Siri and you guys don't hahaha losers!'
Okay I'm getting too excited now :P Have you done much German? :s-smilie:

Nope haven't done much German
And lolll. I think we should do a swapping thing like you come down to mine and then I come down to yours so it's equal. Otherwise my rents are gonna get pissed off if they have to drop me every day. Hang on what buses come to yours?? From town I mean?

I'm not that amazing. Don't get your hopes up to high.
Original post by Indian_Prince
i think you're being modest =/

I think you're overestimating me. =/
I think you're overestimating me. =/

lolol you know i can read, im not that dumb :smile: 9 a*'s is quite smart :tongue:

lolol check this thread out - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1687956 , my question for you.... would you? lololol that aint me by the way :smile:
Original post by Indian_Prince
lolol you know i can read, im not that dumb :smile: 9 a*'s is quite smart :tongue:

lolol check this thread out - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1687956 , my question for you.... would you? lololol that aint me by the way :smile:

Oh yeah forgot I posted that. :tongue:

Hmmm I'm not white. It says white chicks.
Reply 250
Nope haven't done much German
And lolll. I think we should do a swapping thing like you come down to mine and then I come down to yours so it's equal. Otherwise my rents are gonna get pissed off if they have to drop me every day. Hang on what buses come to yours?? From town I mean?

I'm not that amazing. Don't get your hopes up to high.

Oh German, what am I going to do with you? You can get the 79 from mine and then the 451,
what comes to yours? I only need you to come down for a day so I can learn the basics and also video you. I won't make your parents do too much legwork don't worry :P
You're great now shush. I'm totally opening my coach company if i fail life :L
Original post by Devyani
Oh German, what am I going to do with you? You can get the 79 from mine and then the 451,
what comes to yours? I only need you to come down for a day so I can learn the basics and also video you. I won't make your parents do too much legwork don't worry :P
You're great now shush. I'm totally opening my coach company if i fail life :L

Lollll what you gonna name it?BHATT TRAVELS PVT LIMITED. :tongue:

Lol if I fail I'm gonna be a bin woman. Actually Id go India and devote my life to dancing. :biggrin: tbh that's my dream job but nobody would agree with that.

To mine you'd need to get either the 24, 23, 22, or 10 depending on the time. Harbornes a weird place to get to by bus.
Reply 252
Lollll what you gonna name it?BHATT TRAVELS PVT LIMITED. :tongue:

Lol if I fail I'm gonna be a bin woman. Actually Id go India and devote my life to dancing. :biggrin: tbh that's my dream job but nobody would agree with that.

To mine you'd need to get either the 24, 23, 22, or 10 depending on the time. Harbornes a weird place to get to by bus.

That does sound very awkward, hmm
I'll see my my dad's free enough to drop me otherwise you're coming down here; don't worry- I'll feed you well, or rather, my mother will feed you well :P
I was thinking something along the lines of 'Garam Coaches' because I wanted to take the piss out of 'Thandi Coaches' but then that failed because I realised that Thandi does not mean 'cool', its a surname :colondollar:
So I'm going to have to go with your suggestion :P
I really want to devote my life to dancing/acting but i have very indian parents who would never let me do that :frown:
Original post by Devyani
That does sound very awkward, hmm
I'll see my my dad's free enough to drop me otherwise you're coming down here; don't worry- I'll feed you well, or rather, my mother will feed you well :P
I was thinking something along the lines of 'Garam Coaches' because I wanted to take the piss out of 'Thandi Coaches' but then that failed because I realised that Thandi does not mean 'cool', its a surname :colondollar:
So I'm going to have to go with your suggestion :P
I really want to devote my life to dancing/acting but i have very indian parents who would never let me do that :frown:

Lololoolol you thought thandi meant cold. That's tand my dear not thandi.:tongue: Lol the thandi family's building like a mansion near my house... Well actually it's near ravitas house. It's actuallllly mahusssive. See you can get rich running a coach company. What's the need to study man? I might just give up and start a I dunno cooking company or something gay like that. You should name it masala coaches. :tongue:

Yh I know. My parents would do the same. They'd be like dance!? You want to be dancer? Get out. (in a fresh accent.) lol.

Ohhhh free food. I hope your mum cooks well. :biggrin: oh man wait you're a vegetarian. I can make do with veggies I guess. Silly Brahmin gujju. :tongue:
Reply 254
Lololoolol you thought thandi meant cold. That's tand my dear not thandi.:tongue: Lol the thandi family's building like a mansion near my house... Well actually it's near ravitas house. It's actuallllly mahusssive. See you can get rich running a coach company. What's the need to study man? I might just give up and start a I dunno cooking company or something gay like that. You should name it masala coaches. :tongue:

Yh I know. My parents would do the same. They'd be like dance!? You want to be dancer? Get out. (in a fresh accent.) lol.

Ohhhh free food. I hope your mum cooks well. :biggrin: oh man wait you're a vegetarian. I can make do with veggies I guess. Silly Brahmin gujju. :tongue:

hahaha, Veggie food is the way forward ok! Like my dance teacher has put me in for like 5-6 fashion shows and hasn't even bothered telling my parents this and I really want to do them but obvs my parents won't let me:frown:
ah maaan, the coach company all the way! Whooooo, i need good looking men to be drivers, more customers ennit :P
Original post by Devyani
hahaha, Veggie food is the way forward ok! Like my dance teacher has put me in for like 5-6 fashion shows and hasn't even bothered telling my parents this and I really want to do them but obvs my parents won't let me:frown:
ah maaan, the coach company all the way! Whooooo, i need good looking men to be drivers, more customers ennit :P

I do like veggie food tbh. Although I also like my meat. Ask safoora about hyderabadi dum biryani. :biggrin:

Dance teacher and fashion shows? Interesting. I wouldn't mind doing some. :biggrin: what you modelling just out of interest?

Oh oh btw 17th July my mandir we've got an annual dance performance thing. Come along and bring your fam. Should be good. If I think it's crap I'll let you know.

Haha. Fit drivers? Are you sure the women won't just be sitting there trying to get their attention?that could be dangerous you know if the driver got distracted.
Reply 256
I do like veggie food tbh. Although I also like my meat. Ask safoora about hyderabadi dum biryani. :biggrin:

Dance teacher and fashion shows? Interesting. I wouldn't mind doing some. :biggrin: what you modelling just out of interest?

Oh oh btw 17th July my mandir we've got an annual dance performance thing. Come along and bring your fam. Should be good. If I think it's crap I'll let you know.

Haha. Fit drivers? Are you sure the women won't just be sitting there trying to get their attention?that could be dangerous you know if the driver got distracted.

hahaha, well they're just going to have to keep their seatbelts on! Come to my dance class, he'll see you and be like 'are you 16, do you want to model? yes, that's good I'll book you in'- literally what he said to me :L
17th is the day before I fly off to India so it might be a bit busy with all the packing and stuff so I'll see yeah,
If you open a VEGETARIAN restaurant, we'll make a partnership ok? (:
Original post by Devyani
hahaha, well they're just going to have to keep their seatbelts on! Come to my dance class, he'll see you and be like 'are you 16, do you want to model? yes, that's good I'll book you in'- literally what he said to me :L
17th is the day before I fly off to India so it might be a bit busy with all the packing and stuff so I'll see yeah,
If you open a VEGETARIAN restaurant, we'll make a partnership ok? (:

When and where's your dance class? And wait it's a he! And what style do you do btw? I didn't know you danced. I might have just forgotten. :confused:

Oi no vegetarian restaurant. I'm sorry love. If I open a restaurant I'm gonna make it full non veg. :biggrin: so I can make my hyderabadi biryani.

Yeah I understand. The day before going to India is always rush and do you find that people start arguing over everything or is that just my family ??
Reply 258
When and where's your dance class? And wait it's a he! And what style do you do btw? I didn't know you danced. I might have just forgotten. :confused:

Oi no vegetarian restaurant. I'm sorry love. If I open a restaurant I'm gonna make it full non veg. :biggrin: so I can make my hyderabadi biryani.

Yeah I understand. The day before going to India is always rush and do you find that people start arguing over everything or is that just my family ??

Same! my parents are always blaming each other for soemthing or the other! it's so stressful, and I always end up having to shout at them two to shut them up! well, I'm going by myself this year so I'm hoping for less arguments :P

Yes, I dance; to bollywood and he is a man, fat and dark but he's ayyt :P

Non-veg? what's wrong with you! I'm just oging to have to find a veggie friend now. Is Manesh veggie? :P
Original post by Devyani
Same! my parents are always blaming each other for soemthing or the other! it's so stressful, and I always end up having to shout at them two to shut them up! well, I'm going by myself this year so I'm hoping for less arguments :P

Yes, I dance; to bollywood and he is a man, fat and dark but he's ayyt :P

Non-veg? what's wrong with you! I'm just oging to have to find a veggie friend now. Is Manesh veggie? :P

Lol I have no idea if manesh is veggie. Ask him.

Hey isn't ravneet veggie? Do it with her.

Lol yup my parents are like that. Why did you put that there? Why is that still like that? What the hell are you doing? Etc etc. Argue over stupid things. Lol going on your own? Mannnn why do I never get to do that?

Oh oh bollywood. I self teach myself bollywood. But tbh I'm more of a classical person. It's a sacred dance form you know? Nearly got wiped out when the Mughals invaded India and then when the gore came they liked to use the temple dancers as their slags. Temple dancers lost all their dignity and respect. :mad: but a few very clever people kept the dance alive in it's pure form and nurtured it. :biggrin: so it grew back as a temple dance in the 1930s and spread to be a symbol of Indian fine arts. :biggrin:

Latest