The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shyamshah
Has anyone seen 'desi boys' if yes what did you make of it?

Dont waste your time on it if you havnt seen it. Its really quite bad imo

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by tamil4
Every episode he discusses issues in Indian Society (eg. Female Foeticide, Dowry and Marriage Issues, Healthcare). He talks to people who've experienced the problem, people that have found a solution or can make a change and just sort of spreads awareness of the things that happen/can happen in India that aren't brought to everyone's eyes. It's really informative and interesting and a lotof the things are REALLY shocking!
It's great, if you ever have free time, do watch it. It'll be worth it :smile:

This is the first move a Indian Celebrity has made. No other actors like Khan Or Salman would do a show like this. I think when Amair Khan did 3 idiots, and Tarre Zeemeen Par, it must have changed his mind at how he viewed things. By highlighting these issues, the Corrupted Government we have in India will mostly accept these issues. Its not spreading awarenesss, thats a western thing, I wouldn't think in western terms , he's actually bringing these issues to be fixed. They need to be removed.
Original post by Tannu123
Dont waste your time on it if you havnt seen it. Its really quite bad imo

I haven't seen it, but I guess its allright.

Houseful 2 was rubbish, but enjoyable at least.
Original post by ♥ ♥
At least let him make a reasonable 40 :wink:

You both aren't dumb. Obviously you're both young...but not dumb :smile:

nah sorry mahi, no can do :tongue:

pshh, the dumbness that comes along with being young obviously :tongue: when he is older and wiser, he should make a good player, he's got alot to learn though... as for me.... im going to be a trillionaire :cool: :tongue:
Original post by 4mar_ar5en4l
Haha now I guess it's time to figure out how to become a super genius, at least I can go to sleep when I want then :tongue:
You posted at 7am? :O

Erm just the lack of maths tbh, the more the maths the better the course (in my eyes at least!)

Lol yh prob have it on time share or whatever they call it - three days a week for each of them and then they play footy with it on the sunday :smile:

haha, yeh, you have to be at a state where you are near sleepyness and to be able to recall information straight away at that point is alway amazing :tongue: yeh... i work :tongue:

pshh.. thats just you being biased, i like a good mixture, should be great :tongue:

lololol, i can only but imagine that the football would be worth millions :redface:
Original post by Tannu123
You should reallyyyy watch delhi belly if you havnt already seen it. Its very funny

hmm, whats it about? :redface:
Original post by The Marshall
Exactly, most of our TV serials are crap. Only that new one, Devon Ka Mahadev has sense.

haha well i wouldnt exactly say crap, they aint too bad, i guess you just get attached to some of the charecters and then you just cant live without watching them, good think i dont watch any :tongue:
Original post by Lollyage
Yeah there are loads! Bollywood ones are better though, obviously :wink: Are you at uni? :smile:

haha well i tend to find that bollywood ones are copies of hollywood ones :redface: but yeh i guess the freshy bits they add in make the movies better :tongue: nah going this september :redface:
Is it bad that despite being 50% Indian, bar genetics I feel completely alien to the culture?

Mum is a Sikh but I was raised as a strict Christian, needless to say, I'm 110% Atheist now :wink:

I visited India and while I enjoyed it, I felt like I didn't belong there... Like at all.

I'm Irish/American/Canadian/Swedish also if anyone else is wondering. Not a hint of English in me.
Reply 9309
Original post by tamil4
Every episode he discusses issues in Indian Society (eg. Female Foeticide, Dowry and Marriage Issues, Healthcare). He talks to people who've experienced the problem, people that have found a solution or can make a change and just sort of spreads awareness of the things that happen/can happen in India that aren't brought to everyone's eyes. It's really informative and interesting and a lotof the things are REALLY shocking!
It's great, if you ever have free time, do watch it. It'll be worth it :smile:

Ah that sounds great! Yes, my great grandparents were telling me about one episode in which they discuss doctors.
Reply 9310
I haven't seen it, but I guess its allright.

Houseful 2 was rubbish, but enjoyable at least.

desiboyz was a 6/10 for me, AK's acting is too good.
And I agree housefull 2 was rubbish but I wont deny how much I laughed..again down to akshay's work lool
Original post by Indian_Prince
haha well i wouldnt exactly say crap, they aint too bad, i guess you just get attached to some of the charecters and then you just cant live without watching them, good think i dont watch any :tongue:

I think they're crap anyway, thats my opinion though.
Original post by Dream.On
desiboyz was a 6/10 for me, AK's acting is too good.
And I agree housefull 2 was rubbish but I wont deny how much I laughed..again down to akshay's work lool

The actors did good in Housefull 2, but Sajid Khan is not a fancy directer.
haha well i tend to find that bollywood ones are copies of hollywood ones :redface: but yeh i guess the freshy bits they add in make the movies better :tongue: nah going this september :redface:

A lot of them are, which is a shame, but then you get the odd few that are genuinely brilliant! But yeah I love a bit of mindless singing and dancing, just entertaining at the end of the day :p:
Cool, which uni/course? I'm going (hopefully) in September too, so exciting! :woo:
But Delli belly was a original script.
nah sorry mahi, no can do :tongue:

pshh, the dumbness that comes along with being young obviously :tongue: when he is older and wiser, he should make a good player, he's got alot to learn though... as for me.... im going to be a trillionaire :cool: :tongue:

Fine, at least don't golden duck him!

Ah that's true. Wouldn't call it dumbness, more like naivety :smile:

He is a good player :adore: :L

Lol, hope you are...would be awesome :wink:
Reply 9316
The actors did good in Housefull 2, but Sajid Khan is not a fancy directer.

You know it broke my heart when I found out that Jacqueline Fermandez and Sajid Khan are a couple. :vomit:

she is tooooooooo prettty for that moster !!!!!!!
Hows Everyone On Indian Soc=?
JUST FINISHED MY EXAMMMMMMMMMSS ..:yeah: :bhangra:
Original post by ConnorB
Is it bad that despite being 50% Indian, bar genetics I feel completely alien to the culture?

Mum is a Sikh but I was raised as a strict Christian, needless to say, I'm 110% Atheist now :wink:

I visited India and while I enjoyed it, I felt like I didn't belong there... Like at all.

I'm Irish/American/Canadian/Swedish also if anyone else is wondering. Not a hint of English in me.

Not at all. If you want to learn more - there are a million ways to do so! And in my humble opinion, even barring your 50% genetic claim to the country, you should learn about India because she is a glorious, crazy, topsy turvy, rollercoaster of a country and she deserves to be discovered just for that reason only! (Any added reasons, I believe, are a bonus. And I say this as a 100% Indian - I am positive I would've been one of those white hippies in LOVE with India and the idea of India if I wasn't born Indian. But hey, that's just me :rolleyes: )

Where did you travel in India and what did you see? :smile:

PS: Ha... I've been brought up as a Hindu and a Christian and I am def. 110% atheist now too :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dream.On
You know it broke my heart when I found out that Jacqueline Fermandez and Sajid Khan are a couple. :vomit:

she is tooooooooo prettty for that moster !!!!!!!

Damn. I'd rather lose wieght first.

Latest

Trending

Trending