The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Just wondering here, but on my NEP it's says I should get paid £33.30 on my rota for Saturday but says £0 for my pay summary for the week?

Is this a problem that I should get fixed or will it be ok? Thanks
Ok I'm really confused/in trouble, I'm a summer sales temp and as far as I knew I only had one shift on the morning of sat 19th, which was never listed on nep i.e nep is wrong. Just randomly checked nep and I was put down for a shift yesterday which I missed as I had no clue I'd be doing anything before sale, and I have another next Monday which is fine but my Saturday one stil isn't listed- do I still have it? Guess I should call my store but how disorganised :frown: :smile:
How long after submitting an application for a Sales Consultant does it typically take to receive an acknowledgement of your application? :smile:
How many hours do sales support staff get to work and how does receiving your salary work?
Original post by BloodyMary
How many hours do sales support staff get to work and how does receiving your salary work?

Depends, I'm only getting 4 hours.

You register on the portal and you enter your bank details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
there's a shift on the market place (NEP) for sunday 20th (2nd day of sale) can I accept that shift?
I know we can't put our shifts up for 1st day of sale
Original post by Jacob_1
there's a shift on the market place (NEP) for sunday 20th (2nd day of sale) can I accept that shift?
I know we can't put our shifts up for 1st day of sale

If it's there then go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a sale support staff, will I receive a payslip?
Reply 5328
Just wondering if anyone knows, after how long for working for next do you get a badge, and also whats the rate that temporary staff get to keep their jobs?
I just did a summer sale job for Thursday morning and Friday evening.

I actually found it quite enjoyable especially on Friday setting up the store. Going round marking down prices and putting stock out ready for the sale. Everyone was really friendly and made it a pleasurable experience. Nerves I had before starting was completely wiped away.
does anyone know how long the job lasts, if your only hired as summer sale temp worker

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lily112
how long do we wear sale tops for?

I stopped wearing mine after Sunday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive actually applied there to work this summer- I got through to the short list.
Original post by Dellboy
It is sale support yeah. I'm at the one in Westfield. OK that's cool. Thanks :smile:

Heya, so i recently applied for a job at Westfield Next too (about 2 weeks ago now); They emailed me saying I've been shortlisted and that they would call me for an interview. So basically I was wondering how long did it take them to call you after the shortlisted email?

help me please :confused: Thanks
Original post by ApidIla
Ive actually applied there to work this summer- I got through to the short list.

Original post by renren_xo
Heya, so i recently applied for a job at Westfield Next too (about 2 weeks ago now); They emailed me saying I've been shortlisted and that they would call me for an interview. So basically I was wondering how long did it take them to call you after the shortlisted email?

I'm sorry to say, I don't think you will be hearing back, staff are taken on for the sale, which was last saturday.. :frown:
I was at Westfield NEXT in Derby and they called me the day after I applied
Original post by renren_xo

Hey :smile:

I think it will usually take a couple of weeks - I've applied for so many Next jobs, that I'm not sure which 'shortlist' corresponds to which specific job any more :smile: but yeah I'd give it a couple of weeks.

PS, my job was for the sale and I was only given 2 shifts and on the last one, told that my contract had expired - and was then underpaid - and taxed.

Good luck with your application :smile:
hi, what kind of questions do they ask in the phone interview? sorry if this has been asked loads
Reply 5338
Got a phone call yesterday and done an interview over the phone then was invited to an assessment today, anyone know what this involves? She told me it wouldn't take longer than an hour ??
Original post by k18y
Got a phone call yesterday and done an interview over the phone then was invited to an assessment today, anyone know what this involves? She told me it wouldn't take longer than an hour ??

A trial shift, essentially

Quick Reply

Latest