The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tan1988
Hi

I have just got a job at next. Logged on to the NEP to look at the shifts, I start on Monday and says I'm on FS department. I have rang the admin department and the lady wasn't aware of it is and said to just to come in at the time I start. However I don't actually know where I should go ? Does anyone know what FS stands for ?

FS stands for FlexiShift. This means you'll be put where they need you on the day. Most likely you'll be on delivery in the stock room but that isn't a given. On the day, sign and clock in and then go and tell a manager that you're on a FlexiShift and don't know where to go.
I started at the end of October and I had £93 taken off for Curr Bas Adj, what exactly is it? I haven't been late or missed any days.
Thanks
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by violetiz
I started at the end of October and I had £93 taken off for Curr Bas Adj, what exactly is it? I haven't been late or missed any days.
Thanks

You would have started after the beginning of the pay period for that payslip and therefore the amount of hours you would have worked if you'd have been there but didn't are taken off your monthly basic pay.

So say your monthly basic pay is £400 (that's the amount of contracted hours x your hourly rate - before any extra hours or accepted shifts). You start working a week after the pay period begins. The amount of contracted hours you missed because you hadn't started working there are taken away from the pay during the calculation. If I started exactly a week after the pay period started and my monthly basic pay was £400 and therefore my weekly pay was £100, I would have a Curr Bas Adj of £100.

Simple!(ish)
Original post by rsdntbplr
FS stands for FlexiShift. This means you'll be put where they need you on the day. Most likely you'll be on delivery in the stock room but that isn't a given. On the day, sign and clock in and then go and tell a manager that you're on a FlexiShift and don't know where to go.

Thankyou. I will do that :-)
Reply 5644
On my payslip there is no mention of being paid for my induction. I'm sure that on previous occasions that I've had an induction it has said 'induction' then the no. of hours it lasted for and the amount I was paid. Does anyone know if i'm remembering that correctly?
Original post by Etak
On my payslip there is no mention of being paid for my induction. I'm sure that on previous occasions that I've had an induction it has said 'induction' then the no. of hours it lasted for and the amount I was paid. Does anyone know if i'm remembering that correctly?

I just checked my first payslip and it did say "Induction - pay amount" so I would definitely query that with a manager!
I started working at next last month, my contract is 8 hours and my maximum is 10, however I have been put in for almost 30 hours next week, without being asked? I'm a full time student as well and this is simply too much! If I am to work these days I will have 12 days with no day off, what should I do and how do I prevent this happening again? 😔
Anyone applied for Christmas temp?
I've got a feeling I'm going to get Next-jected again :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amoosebouche
Hi,

Just wondering does any work at next? If so, how much do you get paid?

£6.35 an hour, but if you complete training which you have a limit of 6 months (full-time) and 12 months (part-time) to complete then you get paid £7.07
but you get paid extra if for instance you do a pick-up in the time limit or a customer uses a promo code you gave them etc
sadly there is no extra pay for sundays/banks holidays and you're expected to work xmas eve and boxing day.
lovely company to work with I've found although the hours arnt that great for working around college hours
ring in store and just tell your manager you cant work those hours, give plenty a couple days notice and they cannot complain.
on your NEP fill in your availability section and then you shouldn't be put down for hours on the rota that you've said youre unavailable for.
If they ring to come in for an assessment does that mean you've got it?????? Just got off the phone with a lady from Next:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys,
I have a trial shift soon for a Christmas temp job. I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what I might have to do and what I should wear. I was thinking something along the lines of shirt, black jeans, smart shoes kind of look.
Any advice is much appreciated :smile:
Original post by Mindless Student
Hey guys,
I have a trial shift soon for a Christmas temp job. I wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what I might have to do and what I should wear. I was thinking something along the lines of shirt, black jeans, smart shoes kind of look.
Any advice is much appreciated :smile:

Have you been to the induction yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
hey everyone! Bit of a weird question today but how do next treat physical appearance? As I expected it to be minimal, natural, neutral makeup (which I have been wearing the past couple of shifts). However I feel slightly out of place as some of my colleagues wear glam makeup such as eyeshaddow, lipstick etc. Anyone think I should make more effort? Also its the same with my hair.
How long does Next take to go through it's applications? The deadline for a few of my applications was 21st November but still haven't heard anything. It's a Christmas job so shouldn't they reply fairly quickly to get the new employees in for December?
Are you allowed on tills if you are a part of the sales support team?
What do you have to do?
Would've preferred stockroom but hey it doesn't matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys I've been told to acess the NLP from home but I've logged into the NEP but I can't find the "My Training" bar...I thought it was under in the same section as My availability and my profile but it's not...what do I do now? Where is the training normally located on the NEP
My nep is saying I was absence on the shift I just worked yet I'm pretty sure I clocked out. Is there anything I can do about this or is it a simple mistake?
Quick question does anyone know what 'HM' means on my nep when I check my shifts?
Induction tomorrow :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending