The Student Room Group

Working at Next

Scroll to see replies

Thought I would update you with the situation;

Spoke to my manager today and she basically said my 'temporary sales contract' is until next week then it finishes and they've no other contracts for me.

I think this is ridiculous considering they moved me from my flexi contract to a permanent one which I couldn't do then to this one.

Can I complain about this? I've been working there since the summer sales.
Hey!

I have my assessment at Next tomorrow for a Stockroom assistant. If anyone has had previous experiences, could you tell me what happens during the assessment please? Much appreciated!
Reply 6022
Original post by drive10
Hey!

I have my assessment at Next tomorrow for a Stockroom assistant. If anyone has had previous experiences, could you tell me what happens during the assessment please? Much appreciated!

Working as a stockroom assistant myself it's nothing threatening. At most you'll just be processing delivery with the rest of the team. They will show you what to do so Don't worry about not knowing the ins and outs and if youre unsure don't be afraid to ask, no matter how stupid it may sound. Not gonna judge you on how well you do the job itself since it takes ages to really learn it all. For the most part they will just be seeing how well you fit in with the rest group, how interested you are while processing and just you're personality really. Nothing to really worry about

good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CGS92
Working as a stockroom assistant myself it's nothing threatening. At most you'll just be processing delivery with the rest of the team. They will show you what to do so Don't worry about not knowing the ins and outs and if youre unsure don't be afraid to ask, no matter how stupid it may sound. Not gonna judge you on how well you do the job itself since it takes ages to really learn it all. For the most part they will just be seeing how well you fit in with the rest group, how interested you are while processing and just you're personality really. Nothing to really worry about

good luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks mate! Any idea how long it'll last?
Hey I also have my interview tomorrow at next for Sale consultant position, are there any specific questions they ask like, why should we choose you? , why next? etc ..
any help would be appreciated
also i applied for a part time job that requires me work on a Thursday this is usually fine as i have Thursday off when am at uni and i finish in two weeks, but i have two exam on two differentThursday's in May, do u think its a good idea to mention this at the interview cheers x
I quit today, best thing I've ever done.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6026
Original post by drive10
Thanks mate! Any idea how long it'll last?

Depends on how busy they are. Usually half an hour in the actual delivery but if the manager or whoever is busy you may be down there for longer. All in all you will probably be in the store for an hour or so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cleo_97

Posted from TSR Mobile

I quit thursday. Best feeling ever. Then skydived fri- mon loll! No weekend shifts :P
Original post by Cleo_97

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol I quit after 2 weeks. Manager and supervisors were absolute nobs and made eveyone stay behind after their shifts. And they didnt even give me a lunch break.
:mad:
Original post by NicolaM
Thought I would update you with the situation;

Spoke to my manager today and she basically said my 'temporary sales contract' is until next week then it finishes and they've no other contracts for me.

I think this is ridiculous considering they moved me from my flexi contract to a permanent one which I couldn't do then to this one.

Can I complain about this? I've been working there since the summer sales.

I read both of your posts - they've treated you horrendously. Are you part of a union? If you are, speak to your union rep. If you aren't, I would advise contacting the CAB and asking them for advice because I don't know the legality of what's happened but it definitely sounds immoral and shouldn't be happening to people.

If you don't get anywhere with the CAB, it might be worthwhile to write to a local MP. Sorry you've had to experience that, it's not nice at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by somethingbeautiful
I read both of your posts - they've treated you horrendously. Are you part of a union? If you are, speak to your union rep. If you aren't, I would advise contacting the CAB and asking them for advice because I don't know the legality of what's happened but it definitely sounds immoral and shouldn't be happening to people.

If you don't get anywhere with the CAB, it might be worthwhile to write to a local MP. Sorry you've had to experience that, it's not nice at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the treatment I was subjected too was the worst treatment I have ever experienced by a manager/employer. In saying that, I've quit and I'm never looking back. I think if I wanted to work there I would contact a CAB however I don't think if the problems were rectified that I would ever want to work for them again. Therefore, I'm just going to leave it and feel good that i'm rid of such a negative, manipulative and bitchy environment.
Original post by NicolaM
I think the treatment I was subjected too was the worst treatment I have ever experienced by a manager/employer. In saying that, I've quit and I'm never looking back. I think if I wanted to work there I would contact a CAB however I don't think if the problems were rectified that I would ever want to work for them again. Therefore, I'm just going to leave it and feel good that i'm rid of such a negative, manipulative and bitchy environment.

Good for you, best of luck in whatever you move on to :smile:
Hey guys!
I have a interview tomorrrow for a sales consultant and just wondered what happens as the woman on the phone said something about working on the shopfloor for 20 minutes and doing something else??

Thanks!
Original post by hellblazer32
Hey guys!
I have a interview tomorrrow for a sales consultant and just wondered what happens as the woman on the phone said something about working on the shopfloor for 20 minutes and doing something else??

Thanks!

Yes, the main part of your interview will be on the shop floor to allow them to see how you react with customers and tasks etc. However odds are, you will be asked a couple of questions as well, it really depends on the store what they do for the interview!
What is holiday supp on my payslip? Is it my holiday pay or something else?
Original post by somethingbeautiful
Good for you, best of luck in whatever you move on to :smile:

Thank you very much! :colondollar::biggrin:
Original post by CSM1996
Yes, the main part of your interview will be on the shop floor to allow them to see how you react with customers and tasks etc. However odds are, you will be asked a couple of questions as well, it really depends on the store what they do for the interview!

Thanks!
I had my assessment, worked on shop floor for about 40 minutes. Then they said I was very good but didnt get the job as I wasnt bubbly enough.
Was only 6 hours a week anyway.
Does anyone know if you get extra money for giving a customer a directory card? If so, how much/where would I find out?
Original post by Phoebexxx
Does anyone know if you get extra money for giving a customer a directory card? If so, how much/where would I find out?

In my store they used to give away a £10 vouchers if you manage to give 10 directory cards a day or something.
Original post by Phoebexxx

You get like just over £3 i think... and like £1.70 for a temporary!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending