(Original post by Explore.Dream.Discover)
Can somebody please check my answers to these questions. It's for the Next application, and i want to make sure i get all of them right.
Thanks. My answers are in bold.
1. Which three High Street Retailers do you consider to be Next's biggest clothing competitors?
Marks & Spencer
2. How would you best describe the Next brand? Please select three answers.
Modern classic styles
Value for money
3. What are the best resources to keep yourself up-to-date with current fashion trends? Select your top three resources.
Listening to the radio
Shopping on the High Street
Store catalogues and directories
Television fashion programmes
Through friends and family
4. You are with a customer in the fitting room and they have asked you to bring in an alternative size. They explain the outfit is for a wedding, but you personally feel the garment is not very flattering on the customer. What would you do?
Ask a more experienced colleague to address the situation for you to observe, so you are able to deal with a similar situation should it arise in the future.
Bring the customer the correct size and tell them it would be perfect for the wedding.
Bring the customer the correct size, as well as some alternative items, and then offer to give them advice once they have tried the items on.
Tell the customer politely the outfit doesn’t suit them.
5. The shoe lounge is a key selling area for the Company. What would be your top three priorities whilst working in the shoe lounge?
Advise on style and fit.
Keeping the shoe stands clean and tidy at all times, above all tasks.
Only serve one customer at a time to maximise sales.
Presentation of the shoes.
Providing excellent customer service to ensure the customer's shoe shopping experience is a delight.
Replenishment of the sold stock to prevent gaps on the stands.
Selling the most expensive pair of shoes.
6. A new manager takes over your team and suggests some changes. The manager has asked everyone for their feedback and you don’t think some of these ideas will work very well, how would you respond?
Gather all the members of your team and confront the manager as a group with your objections.
Inform the manager you disagree with the ideas and explain your reasons why.
You agree to try the new ideas and discuss your concerns after the changes have been trialled.
7. You are serving at the till point and a customer's credit card has been declined, the customer becomes embarrassed and irate, would you?
Ask the customer if they can pay with an alternative method.
Call a manager for assistance.
Offer to hold the garments whilst the customer contacts their credit card company.
Tell the customer they must have exceeded their card spending limit.
8. What is the main purpose for having a member of staff at the front entrance at all times?
To be a welcoming face at the front door for customers to see.
To entice customers to come into the store.
To prevent theft.
To tidy the stock at the entrance of the store as this is the first thing customers see.
9. A watch is returned by a customer because it is faulty. Later you observe a member of staff trying on the same faulty returned watch. When you approach them they say they are taking it home as it will only be destroyed and they suggest you take a returned faulty item also, what would you do?
Call the confidential Company security hotline.
Inform a manager immediately.
Point out this would be theft and advise them to put the watch back.
Say you do not wish to get involved and walk away from the situation.
Take the faulty item as it will only be getting destroyed.
10. I work best in the following environment
A busy one, this is when I am most productive.
One where I am given my task and will complete to Company standards without constant supervision.
One where I can work through my activities at my own speed.
One where I have the opportunity to vary the work I do as I get bored easily.