The Student Room Group

A2 English lit and lang exam. Friday 24th June 2011.

Hi all (:

Just wondering what everyone else has been taught on how to structure your answer when looking at the two unseen texts (when discussing talk in life and literature).

Also, any advice on how to answer the part on the text you have already studied - I've studied "A streetcar named desire"

P.S. I tried to look for Sample answers for tomorrows exam and looked on AQA - Haven't been successful so far :frown:
Reply 1
Original post by bethy666
Hi all (:

Just wondering what everyone else has been taught on how to structure your answer when looking at the two unseen texts (when discussing talk in life and literature).

Also, any advice on how to answer the part on the text you have already studied - I've studied "A streetcar named desire"

P.S. I tried to look for Sample answers for tomorrows exam and looked on AQA - Haven't been successful so far :frown:

Two unseen texts? I thought we had 3 to compare???
Are you definately doing ELLA3 Spec A?

I've found the following phrase to be useful: CAMPLGSS
C - context
A - audience
M - mode
P - purpose
L - lexis
G - Grammar
S - structure
S - speech features.

Write a paragraph on each of those subheadings and make sure you use a comparison of all the texts given using connectives such as "whereas in text B" or "on the other hand, the lexis used in text A is ...."

I haven't studied that book, we did 'Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs'.
There doesn't seem to be many past answers lying around, you should have done some in class at some point? practise essays etc. Just look through them and look through the book again to refresh your mind :smile: good luck :smile:

Hope this helps :smile:
xxxxxxxx
Nope must be doing spec b same as me we have to compare 2!

Well im structuring my answer on how the aqa exam board mark it which is what we've been taught

INTRODUCTION - Something like 'a comparable link between the two texts is the way in which the (TOPIC) is presented, however the topic agenda is dealt with differently .....' then go on to say what A is about and what B is about which is the first bullet point:

1) Compare the differences between talk in life and literature

Basically look on practice exam papers and the question will always say

'explore the relationship between 2) context purpose and audience 3) narrative and narrative voice 4) attitudes and values

those can make 4 good long paragraphs if you know what your doing and there are definitely exam sample answers if you look on the aqa mark schemes!
GOOD LUCK!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending