The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you don't consent to it, yes.
Reply 2
What if you had mixed feelings about how you felt about it. For example, you thought it was a bit odd that you didn't wake up during it, but you could also think the other person might be lying (for God knows what reason). What would you do in this situation?
Reply 3
He told you in the morning that he'd had sex with you while you slept? Well it wasnt consented and if you feel violated then definately report it.

Was the person mentally sound?
If you had expressed to them that you didn't want it and they went ahead and did it anyway then yes it would be rape also if you had not expressed an opinion either way then i think that would be rape too, cos you had not said you wanted it. Any sex without consent is classed as rape.
Reply 5
How could you not have woke up?!
Reply 6
Depends if you would have wanted it had you been awake, I suppose.
Reply 7
I dont think it matters if you'd have wanted it if you'd been awake - it's the fact that he's had sex with you while you're unconscious that is every so slightly worrying - i would find it very hard to trust a partner if they'd do something like that :-\
Reply 8
Whatever you feel it is considered rape as it was without your consent.
Reply 9
Another matter whether she chooses to prosecute.
Fleece
I dont think it matters if you'd have wanted it if you'd been awake - it's the fact that he's had sex with you while you're unconscious that is every so slightly worrying - i would find it very hard to trust a partner if they'd do something like that :-\

I agree with fleece, I dont think he should be your partner anymore,
Having sex with you whilst your outcold is far too wrong... totally weird too.
Reply 11
Well if she decides to prosecute she needs to keep all the clothing - put it in a paper bag or something. It's evidence!
Reply 12
Is this an hypothetical question? if not, you should seek professional advice as soon as possible.
Reply 13
Supposing this guy is your boyfriend and you have slept a few times before... Also, what if they were sounding not too serious about it, but then you thought they could well possibly be serious, but aren't sure...

Basically prosecute or not?! He could have just lied to get back at me for something, I don't know that pissed him off... but I don't even know what happened, plus it doesn't really affect me since I don't know what happened, but if it DID happen, I'd be a little freaked out..
Anonymous
Supposing this guy is your boyfriend and you have slept a few times before... Also, what if they were sounding not too serious about it, but then you thought they could well possibly be serious, but aren't sure...

Basically prosecute or not?! He could have just lied to get back at me for something, I don't know that pissed him off... but I don't even know what happened, plus it doesn't really affect me since I don't know what happened, but if it DID happen, I'd be a little freaked out..

Hope you're finishing with him either way.
Reply 15
Refused
Is this an hypothetical question? if not, you should seek professional advice as soon as possible.

No it's not, I just wanted to ask here first, but I don't want to go to professionals just yet, not when he's around.
Reply 16
It probably could be classified as rape, but then again, if your boyfriend told you, he must have some sort of regret for doing it?
Reply 17
Anonymous

The best way to get it done is to go to the police station to get tested - and that's if you haven't showered - it sounds icky but thats the only way to see if his semen is on you or your clothes.
Reply 18
He said it as a joke, but I was like "really?" and laughing, then he looked pretty serious, but tried to laugh but I could tell there was something not quite right.:s:

He strongly denies it now when I ask him, but I'm not sure whether to keep asking him or not :s:
Reply 19
If you prosecute, bear in mind the repercussions for him and for you on court situations, etc. However, first I would talk to him about it; if he's anything like decent he'll tell you honestly if you tell him how you felt.

Latest

Trending

Trending