The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by razzmatazz rach
Since I am a reapplicant I have done this all before. It is still just as stressful though.

The sensible thing to do is check UCAS first because if you have got in then your results don't matter too much and you can just stroll on down and pick them up without being stressed.

If you haven't got in like what happened last year then you know you have to get down to college and get your results as soon as possible to see how close you were and if it is possible to go through clearing.

Also if you go to get your results without checking UCAS and your results are off by one grade you may think you haven't got in but when you check UCAS the Uni may have let you off with it and still given you a place.

It makes everything less stressful if you check UCAS first as it is easier to plan ahead the rest of your day. UCAS is a pain for freezing but you will get through, it took me 15-20 mins of refreshing last year. Sometimes it would let me enter my password and then freeze and others it would just freeze when you click track.

I couldn't agree with you more! Checking ucas first definitely offloads the pressure
Reply 81
53 days to go! :eek:
Original post by Zionic

I wouldn't mind if those 53 days= 1 day
Reply 83
My college puts results up online at 6am...so probably results!
Original post by Comet Andromeda
bit early ain't it? :tongue:
just did a count and... OMG 56 DAYS!
:eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3::eek3:

That's actually quite close... i take it back this isn't early!

I remember when it was 100 days til my first exam and I was like 'Meh, that's ages.' It wasn't ages. :no:

Ooh all the results day threads have been merged. :redface:
I'm scared. I feel too sick to go out like I was planning to so now I have to stay home, play online games and brood. :tongue:
Original post by Zionic

This summer is going to drag and go so quickly at the same time. :tongue:
Reply 86
Original post by razzmatazz rach
Since I am a reapplicant I have done this all before. It is still just as stressful though.

The sensible thing to do is check UCAS first because if you have got in then your results don't matter too much and you can just stroll on down and pick them up without being stressed.

If you haven't got in like what happened to me last year then you know you have to get down to college and get your results as soon as possible to see how close you were and if it is possible to go through clearing.

Also if you go to get your results without checking UCAS and your results are off by one grade you may think you haven't got in but when you check UCAS the Uni may have let you off with it and still given you a place.

It makes everything less stressful if you check UCAS first as it is easier to plan ahead the rest of your day. UCAS is a pain for freezing but you will get through, it took me 15-20 mins of refreshing last year. Sometimes it would let me enter my password and then freeze and others it would just freeze when you click track.

What does UCAS say if successful/unsuccessful?

Does it change from unconditional to conditional?

Thanks and good luck everyone . . . try and enjoy the summer
I really doubt I'll actually get to sleep the night before. I'll be refreshing UCAS every five minutes all night... :facepalm:
Original post by angelbones
I really doubt I'll actually get to sleep the night before. I'll be refreshing UCAS every five minutes all night... :facepalm:

The night before my reports, I said to myself; 'I aint going to stay up like all those buffoons. I've waited so long, I can wait a few more hours' :rolleyes:

I didnt sleep a wink that night :P
Reply 89
i think AQA release the grade boundaries on their site the day before results..

so i suppose that could give us an insight as to how everyone else found it...and if they're low then its good?

don't know about other exam boards though...

:smile:
Reply 90
Original post by AmiB
I saw one for GCSE results day but there doesn't seem to be one for us Year 13 Leavers who's results will depend on the rest of our lives (no pressure 'n all).

I have one exam left and am already starting to worry about the dreaded 18th of August.

Will you check UCAS first or can you not bear it before you know your results? (Answer poll)

Good luck to everyone out there :smile:

Shouldn't that be 'whose lives will depend on our results' or 'whose results will determine the rest of our lives'? :P
Reply 91
I'm not even bothered man. Pressure? What pressure? :cool:

I am crapping it :frown: If I don't get into my firm I will blub like a baby
Reply 92
x

On an off topic note, your sig is great haha :tongue:
Original post by penguin-
On an off topic note, your sig is great haha :tongue:

It's so inspirational :awesome:

But thanks!
Original post by penguin-

I am crapping it :frown: If I don't get into my firm I will blub like a baby

I'll be blubbing like a baby even if I do get in from sheer relief!
Reply 95
From what I've heard on TSR, my unis wont update their UCAS Track status very quickly :frown:

Also: Haven't UCAS said that they're not opening track until 9am? Because that's what time I can go collect results from school anyway...

Can't find a source for that though.
I'm pretty confident I have at least got my insurance offer so I don't think I'll need to go through clearing, so I'm getting very drunk the night before results and taking some vodka with me to get them. I'm not checking ucas, I'd rather know the details.
Reply 97
Dumb question, sorry, but what is clearing lol? :redface:

And when does track become avaliable to see if we get in or not?
Reply 98
Original post by Zionic
Dumb question, sorry, but what is clearing lol? :redface:

And when does track become avaliable to see if we get in or not?

http://www.ucas.com/students/nextsteps/clearing/facts

that should tell you everyting about it :smile:

*gets butterflies again*
I've just remembered how much I want to go to my firm and now I'm scared all over again!

Latest