The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by aneesax
I sent off my ucas form yesterday and got an email from Medway today saying ive been invited for an interview in 3 weeks. I'm freaking out.
Anyone know anything about what interviews at Medway are like?

WOW!!! OMG well doneee!! :biggrin:

p.s btw do you remember me :wink:......hint: we saw KUMAR :wink: ring a bell lol xx
I have a question please, is it bad to mention work experience at a dentist or hospital in a pharmacy personal statement? Just to show that you've interacted with patients and increased communication skills... or is that a no-no ? Because not everyone has pharmacy work experience :s ..
Original post by Inspire12
Hii revision is okay how many exams r u resitting?? Im looking for work experience atm but all pharmacies say they cant give me any because of insurance :frown:
Love to go to Aston, I'm still thinking about my options
:smile:

Same! Its so hard getting work experience even if its just for a DAY!
Reply 263
Original post by danaxx94
woahh! thats soooo quick!!! i sent off mine but havent recieved a welcome letter from ucas yet so my school hasnt sent it of yet! hoping they send it of next week! what unis did u apply for? have u heard from anywhere else?

yeah i havent recieved my welcom letter yet from ucas but Medway emailed me the next morning.

I applied to lsop, kings, medway, hertfordshire, and manchester. How about you?
Reply 264
Original post by Sharmz_Gi
WOW!!! OMG well doneee!! :biggrin:

p.s btw do you remember me :wink:......hint: we saw KUMAR :wink: ring a bell lol xx

loooooooool omg. wow i didnt know it was you. wow haha i wont ever forget that day :wink:

Hows your ucas stuff going?
Reply 265
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
I have a question please, is it bad to mention work experience at a dentist or hospital in a pharmacy personal statement? Just to show that you've interacted with patients and increased communication skills... or is that a no-no ? Because not everyone has pharmacy work experience :s ..

No, as long as you back it up with why its gonna help you in PHARMACY.
Original post by aneesax

Original post by aneesax
No, as long as you back it up with why its gonna help you in PHARMACY.

Cool! Thats what I did ofcourse! Just making sure it was acceptable as I've heard that some places do not look at your application if you even hint at anything to do with dentistry or medicine
Reply 267
Cool! Thats what I did ofcourse! Just making sure it was acceptable as I've heard that some places do not look at your application if you even hint at anything to do with dentistry or medicine

ohhh im not to sure about that. you can always ask the universities?

goodluck.
Hii revision is okay how many exams r u resitting?? Im looking for work experience atm but all pharmacies say they cant give me any because of insurance :frown:
Love to go to Aston, I'm still thinking about my options
:smile:

I'm resittin 4 in jan, 3 or which are biology as it was biology that let me down. I thought about applying to Aston but I didn't in the end, I didn't think I'd get an offer. Yeah I'm really struggling to find work experience too. I wanted to have a go at hospital pharmacy but that's like impossible to get!
Original post by NeverSoShy
Are there any other IB applicants around here?

My predicted grades are:
Chemistry HL- 6
Biology HL- 6
History HL- 6
Italian ab- 6
English SL- 5
Maths Studies- 7

I think my college automatically predicts the three extra points, which gives me an overall prediction of 39 (though I'm not sure that this is realistic)

Slightly worried about the maths, but from what I can gather, getting a seven and having achieved an A at GCSE, doing studies shouldn't be a problem.

Applying for Bath, UEA, Nottingham, Keele and Brighton, most of which ask for relatively unreasonable grades compared to A Levels!

I also did a week's work experience in a local independent pharmacy which led to me getting a more or less full time job over the summer and a Saturday job during term time.

Getting rather terrified about it all to be honest!

I did the IB! But I sat for that in 2010, so I already have my results (: I think you'll do fine. Most of the schools have an entry requirement of 34-36! You should be okay!
Reply 270
Original post by Pink_dreams
I'm resittin 4 in jan, 3 or which are biology as it was biology that let me down. I thought about applying to Aston but I didn't in the end, I didn't think I'd get an offer. Yeah I'm really struggling to find work experience too. I wanted to have a go at hospital pharmacy but that's like impossible to get!

I'm retaking 4 too! I know what you mean!!! All you want is to be able to see what its like in a pharmacy environemt but every one just ends up turning u away!! Hows the personal statement going!
Reply 271
Same! Its so hard getting work experience even if its just for a DAY!

I know :frown:
ahhh I neeeed hepl in my personal stament

I don't know what to write about my subjects in relation to pharmacy...
chemistry, biology, and maths

help!!! anyone?
I'm retaking 4 too! I know what you mean!!! All you want is to be able to see what its like in a pharmacy environemt but every one just ends up turning u away!! Hows the personal statement going!

Ooooh which ones are u retaking? I know it's not fair! :frown: I've actually sent my ucas off already. I sent it off towards the end of September/start of October. But I haven't had any acknowledgements yet and it's really worrying me; when I applied last year I had acknowledgements within days :s. What about you? How's your application coming along? And where did you apply last year?
Reply 274
Original post by aneesax
yeah i havent recieved my welcom letter yet from ucas but Medway emailed me the next morning.

I applied to lsop, kings, medway, hertfordshire, and manchester. How about you?

but how do the unis know about u before u got ur welcome letter? i thought it isnt sent off until u get a welcome letter?! lol im confused, but huge congrats anyways!! Yeah same! i applied LSOP, kings, aston, cardiff and bath! really want lsop :P good luck!!! :biggrin: xx
Reply 275

its a no no! lol u get alot of patient interaction in a pharmacy tho! esp community, because the pharmacist has a consultation room where he/she discusses the patients drug history and stuff! also when people cant be bothered to go to the gp they go to the pharmacist and they advise them medication! so u can just talk about that if u have done work experience there :smile: xxx
Reply 276
Original post by danaxx94
but how do the unis know about u before u got ur welcome letter? i thought it isnt sent off until u get a welcome letter?! lol im confused, but huge congrats anyways!! Yeah same! i applied LSOP, kings, aston, cardiff and bath! really want lsop :P good luck!!! :biggrin: xx

thank you. same i wanna go to either lsop or kings not sure yet. I received my welcom letter today :smile:
but if you log onto ucas it should say your application has been sent off to your ubniversities; read the welcome page.
Original post by aneesax
I sent off my ucas form yesterday and got an email from Medway today saying ive been invited for an interview in 3 weeks. I'm freaking out.
Anyone know anything about what interviews at Medway are like?

I've also applied to Medway and got an interview in a couple of weeks, is your interview on the 29th by any chance. Also have u heard from anywhere else?
Original post by Pink_dreams
Well I applied last year and went to all the open days last year and got all offers but I didnt get the grades this year :frown: so im resitting and reapplying. Last year I was predicted ABB and I got all offers but Manchester offered me AAB.

mmm I'm applying this year, and was just wondering when you applied to Manchester did they just tell you if you get AAB we'll accept you?

or how does it work

you see I'm still a noob :biggrin:
Original post by I.LoveSyria.Aleppo
mmm I'm applying this year, and was just wondering when you applied to Manchester did they just tell you if you get AAB we'll accept you?

or how does it work

you see I'm still a noob :biggrin:

Lool nah nah. In general what they say is to get an interview at Manchester you need to be predicted at least ABB, have a strong personal statement and a strong reference; and then depending on your interview they Weill either offer you ABB or AAB. So I'm freaking out now because I sent my application like 2/3 weeks ago and I haven't heard anything, not even an acknowledgement :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending