The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sikhtank27
i know i'm almost finished revising, but when it comes to doing the past papers i'm like WTF! especially for biology unit 5..flippin solid!

The application of biology ( I'm on AQA ) is a killer. When i mean killer, i literally mean it. It takes a tremendous amount of effort to get my exam technique right and when you do think you done well on a Biology paper, it always ends up different.

My unit 4 biology was a D, and surprisingly, people on TSR who were expecting high grades got D's too! even people in my class were predicted A's and got A's for AS ended up with D's and C's too. It was a strange paper with regards to the grade boundaries. Only 10 marks seperated a grade A from a grade D........
Reply 3481
yeah- biology with aqa tends to suck- there are usually multiple answers to questions; which can be really ambiguous- but if you don't put what is in the mark scheme, you don't get any marks. i do prefer it to chemistry though- which is usually okay- but grade boundaries are always extremely high for the papers i've done. D:
Reply 3482
Original post by hollybanolly
Ah that's great, so you know for sure you'll be going there, I bet that's a load of stress off your shoulders! Two weeks ago today I had the interview at Bath, so perhaps they don't want me as it's been a while :colondollar:
Perhaps see you at Cardiff then! Do you leave nearby Cardiff?

Sorry Ive taken so long to reply! Yeah, I live about half an hour away :smile: what about you? Any luck with Bath?
Original post by cmg1994
I got a conditional offer from cardiff for pharmacy about 2/3 days after my interview so i am not sure why your is taking so long :frown:.

Ohhh :frown: the only thing I can think is that there was one certificate from A levels I did years ago that was missing so he couldn't take a copy. He said he thought it wouldn't really matter and if they did need it I would have to send in a copy. Maybe I can use that as an excuse to email and ask :colondollar:
Maybe I'll give it until next Wednesfay? 2 weeks is still a long time :redface:
I don't know whether unconditionals would normally take longer than conditionals!?
Reply 3484
Original post by 000katie000
Ohhh :frown: the only thing I can think is that there was one certificate from A levels I did years ago that was missing so he couldn't take a copy. He said he thought it wouldn't really matter and if they did need it I would have to send in a copy. Maybe I can use that as an excuse to email and ask :colondollar:
Maybe I'll give it until next Wednesfay? 2 weeks is still a long time :redface:
I don't know whether unconditionals would normally take longer than conditionals!?

Hopefully you will get a reply soon :smile: and yeah if they take much long you may ring them and ask if this is the reason :smile: and they never even asked for my gcse certificates which i thought was werid because i got told i might need them by people in my class who had interviews before, but not for pharmacy interviews. But i took them anyway cause i am from ireland and its a little harder for me to travel to cardiff :P.
Reply 3485
Original post by splendidsun
Did you hear from UCL today?

yeah i got an offer, what about you?
Has anyone who had an interview at Hertfordshire for Pharmacy on 21st of March heard anything back yet?

If not, how long do you reckon it will be?
Original post by marindakaur
Has anyone who had an interview at Hertfordshire for Pharmacy on 21st of March heard anything back yet?

i had my interview on the same day but i withdrew my application afterwards because i knew that reading was gonna be my insurance choice all this while....

i wanted to complete my accommodation application as soon as possible (because on ucas you need replies from all your five choices before putting one as your firm and one as your insurance), so i wasn't gonna wait on hertfordshire..............

is it gonna be your insurance choice?

what time was your interview btw? mine was at 1pm
Reply 3488
I have applied to pharmacy at Kingston, Aston and Medway. However should the worst happen( me not getting the grades) what could I do as an alternative. Bit of a blunt question but need advice !
Original post by marz bar
yeah i got an offer, what about you?

well done, yh same- firmed it too
Reply 3490
Hello!! I am definitely going to Queens University for pharmacy!! :biggrin:

I had my interview 25th january, no reply :/
Reply 3492
had my interview for notts on 28th march anyone had a reply yet? got offers from kings and aston what are other peoples choices?
Original post by Boneill
Hello!! I am definitely going to Queens University for pharmacy!! :biggrin:

I'm going to Queen's too!! Well as long as I get my A in Chemistry :P
Original post by mitul_10
had my interview for notts on 28th march anyone had a reply yet? got offers from kings and aston what are other peoples choices?

Haha, i was just going to write this! Ive not heard back yet either, im guessing we wont hear until after easter now:/

Nope! I'm also waiting. I want to firm another unconditional now though so it doesn't make a lot of difference to me. I went with a friend and she was told 2-3 weeks wait. It's 3 weeks this Wednesday so hopefully you will hear soon? :redface:
Original post by cmg1994
Hopefully you will get a reply soon :smile: and yeah if they take much long you may ring them and ask if this is the reason :smile: and they never even asked for my gcse certificates which i thought was werid because i got told i might need them by people in my class who had interviews before, but not for pharmacy interviews. But i took them anyway cause i am from ireland and its a little harder for me to travel to cardiff :P.

I have been asked to have them seen/copied at other unis too. I was told they generally need them for admissions admin and it's easier to get it over with at interviews. So I'd say bring copies with you when you come over to study just in case they want to whole years when you begin. It could happen and admissions can get their knickers in a knot about it :biggrin:

Have you come from Ireland for an interview at Cardiff or did they do it over the phone?
Reply 3497
Original post by 000katie000
I have been asked to have them seen/copied at other unis too. I was told they generally need them for admissions admin and it's easier to get it over with at interviews. So I'd say bring copies with you when you come over to study just in case they want to whole years when you begin. It could happen and admissions can get their knickers in a knot about it :biggrin:

Have you come from Ireland for an interview at Cardiff or did they do it over the phone?

I went over i wanted to see the place aswell and i am not good at talking over the phone i am always saying what what because i can never hear people on the phone lol. But yeah if i do go there my certificates will prob go with me :smile:.
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Pharmacy_Offers_2012

Just a reminder incase you haven't put in your choices!
Reply 3499
Original post by katehelena
Haha, i was just going to write this! Ive not heard back yet either, im guessing we wont hear until after easter now:/

Had mine on the 28th as well. still no reply. I guess we just have to wait..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending