The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hkadiri
Still deciding between Kings and UCL. what made u choose kings. any advice would be useful, thanks.

Heyy :smile:
(I replied to your pm aswell)
Well I won't be able to compare them to each other because I never applied to UCL (just kept to one Uni in London :wink:) umm my desicion was between King's, Bath and Aston :P
Well, King's has always been the uni I wanted to go to.. its London so its city based, that's amjor thing for me. Its one of the top 25 in the world and the fact it was in the Russel Group added to its advantages.
The college itself had some good features and labs. The Waterloo campus thats the campus where pharmacy will be taught has eveything and its own library so resources are readily avaliable. It had a good atmosphere and such...there's a lot of history connected to King's. Both of your choices are very similar and they both belong to the University of London so there's not much difference between the two, I can't be specific about that because as I said before I hadn't applied or visited UCL. They're both on the same "level", both requesting the same admission grades, so you know in the end its your choice really. :smile: For me it was just King's! If you did visit them, which did you like better? Take into account the atmosphere, the college itself, accommodation etc?

Hope I helped out a little. Good Luck with your choice :smile:
Original post by Princess Kawaii
Firmed King's :biggrin:
Best start working hard to get those grades!! :smile:

Anyone else firmed King's?

I firmed King's too :smile: Feels nice to have a goal to work towards now! :biggrin:
Reply 3702
Has anyone firmed ucl that needs accommodation? :| I live in London but want to apply for it - don't know how!! Anyone help me?
Original post by sk1994
Has anyone firmed ucl that needs accommodation? :| I live in London but want to apply for it - don't know how!! Anyone help me?

I tried to register to the UCL accommodation website but it doesn't work. In the online information pack from UCLsop it says that the UCL residence office will send us the e-mail concerning registration at the end of April.
Have any UCL firmers got their userid yet for accommodation? The post has come and gone today and there wasn't anything and they did say end of April.
Original post by cosmobear92
Have any UCL firmers got their userid yet for accommodation? The post has come and gone today and there wasn't anything and they did say end of April.

Nothing yet but I think we will receive it by next week.
Original post by Freiheit
Nothing yet but I think we will receive it by next week.

Cheers, just worried all the 'good' accommodation will be gone if they send it too late :redface:
Cheers, just worried all the 'good' accommodation will be gone if they send it too late :redface:

We are lucky that the accommodation isn't allocated until August and you can't pick which halls you want beacuse they pick one for you based on the preferences you write on the application form.
We are lucky that the accommodation isn't allocated until August and you can't pick which halls you want beacuse they pick one for you based on the preferences you write on the application form.

Aah, you've made my day! That sounds awesome then :biggrin:
Aah, you've made my day! That sounds awesome then :biggrin:

So all we need to focus on is getting the grades and the long summer ahead waiting to start uni :biggrin:.
So all we need to focus on is getting the grades and the long summer ahead waiting to start uni :biggrin:.

Yeah, aah good times, I'm so excited now! :woo:
Reply 3711
Finally firmed UCL, it's a massive relief :tongue:
Does anyone know if UEA are likely to accept people who miss their grades?
Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about if they let people in who just miss their grades, and if they do, about how many people?
Reply 3713
Seems like most people are firming UCL and I am here still deciding between that and Kings. hmmmmm
Original post by Bright
Seems like most people are firming UCL and I am here still deciding between that and Kings. hmmmmm

Are you gonna be travelling to uni or staying in accommodation?

Because i was gonna say, you need to put down your choices as soon as possible because of the first come first serve nature of accommodation. I'm not sure about how UCL does it's accommodation.

You put Reading as your insurance?
Reply 3715
Original post by James A
Are you gonna be travelling to uni or staying in accommodation?

Because i was gonna say, you need to put down your choices as soon as possible because of the first come first serve nature of accommodation. I'm not sure about how UCL does it's accommodation.

You put Reading as your insurance?

Staying at home :smile:
And maybe? I applied to Hertfordshire as well so might pick that cos the tuition fees are a bit lower
Original post by Bright
Staying at home :smile:
And maybe? I applied to Hertfordshire as well so might pick that cos the tuition fees are a bit lower

hmmm fair enough. Herts charge 8500 as opposed to Reading's 9000 which seems small but can be big in the long run. But i thought the money you repay depends more on your salary, etc. The higher up the salary, the more you repay per year....

Remember that for academics, Reading is your better choice!
Reply 3717
Original post by James A
hmmm fair enough. Herts charge 8500 as opposed to Reading's 9000 which seems small but can be big in the long run. But i thought the money you repay depends more on your salary, etc. The higher up the salary, the more you repay per year....

Remember that for academics, Reading is your better choice!

Ohhhh is it only £500 difference? Then I think I'd go with Reading..
Insurance Reading and firm _____ few more days to decided. Gosh I never imagined it to be this hard :/
Original post by Bright
Ohhhh is it only £500 difference? Then I think I'd go with Reading..
Insurance Reading and firm _____ few more days to decided. Gosh I never imagined it to be this hard :/

:woo:

http://www.herts.ac.uk/fms/documents/courses/fees-and-funding/2012-13_undergraduate-course-fees.pdf

http://www.reading.ac.uk/study/study-ug-fees.aspx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending