The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bright
Cool! thanks for that :smile: Reading insurance it is! .. :biggrin:

Did you have an interview on the same day i had mine??

I think it was on the 15th of February. But anyways did you get to see the labs they had?

I was well impressed by the labs (at reading). So clean and modern!
Reply 3721
Hi guys

I want to make a choice between brighton and kingston for pharmacy. I dont know which one to choose as firm ? any advice appreciated
Thank you
Reply 3722
Original post by soufi
Hi guys

I want to make a choice between brighton and kingston for pharmacy. I dont know which one to choose as firm ? any advice appreciated
Thank you

I think Brighton is ranked higher than Kingston, and in general its a better university, but I may be slightly biased because I have already firmed Brighton for Pharmacy. It really depends on a few other factors such as location, etc so take everything into consideration.
Reply 3723
Original post by James A
Did you have an interview on the same day i had mine??

I think it was on the 15th of February. But anyways did you get to see the labs they had?

I was well impressed by the labs (at reading). So clean and modern!

Yep we were both in the same room together haha!
And yeahhhh they were super cool. But disappointing thing is Kings/UCL although being 'renown' top unis are no way near as good as that.
Did you firm Bath then? We both had interviews in the same day for that as well! hahah
Original post by Bright
Yep we were both in the same room together haha!
And yeahhhh they were super cool. But disappointing thing is Kings/UCL although being 'renown' top unis are no way near as good as that.
Did you firm Bath then? We both had interviews in the same day for that as well! hahah

no i firmed UEA. I don't remember you mentioning us having the Bath interview on the same day. For the first presentation, which part of the room were you in?
Reply 3725
Original post by James A
no i firmed UEA. I don't remember you mentioning us having the Bath interview on the same day. For the first presentation, which part of the room were you in?

Oh cool, all the best for you then! :smile:
And I had a Bath interview but I didn't attend, that's why.
UCLers, did you get that student finance and accommodation email? :/ I don't even remember if I said yes or no to that question, I hope I don't have to do that student finance application all over again...
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by soufi
Hi guys

Thank you

I'm pretty sure Brighton is seen as way better but its up to you :smile:
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
UCLers, did you get that student finance and accommodation email? :/ I don't even remember if I said yes or no to that question, I hope I don't have to do that student finance application all over again...

I loved that e-mail. It was like: I'm emailing you to let you know when I'm going to email you to let you know when I'm going to email you about the accommodation login details. Haha.

As for the Student Finance thing, as long as you've got the right details I don't think it matters - all clicking 'yes' to that question does is transfer the details about your chosen institution/course straight to the application (so because we had to list LSOP as the institution on UCAS Apply and not UCL, the wrong information - or no information at all - would be transferred). So as long as it says UCL/U80 and Pharmacy/B230 on your finance application I think you're fine. If that makes sense.
Original post by Oceanwide
I loved that e-mail. It was like: I'm emailing you to let you know when I'm going to email you to let you know when I'm going to email you about the accommodation login details. Haha.

As for the Student Finance thing, as long as you've got the right details I don't think it matters - all clicking 'yes' to that question does is transfer the details about your chosen institution/course straight to the application (so because we had to list LSOP as the institution on UCAS Apply and not UCL, the wrong information - or no information at all - would be transferred). So as long as it says UCL/U80 and Pharmacy/B230 on your finance application I think you're fine. If that makes sense.

As they are so unreliable so I don't really believe them, I suspect we will be disadvantaged when it comes to accommodation. Don't you think? The deadline is on the 31st of May I think.

Original post by Rebecca :)
is there a facebook group for ucl pharmacy students? would be good to get to know each other before the term starts!

They don't have one for pharmacy students but there is a general UCL one where you can add yourself in the "subject" document. I'm the only pharmacist there so far.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/270744736332851/
(edited 11 years ago)
firmed Cardiff AAB needed.

ANyone going to cardiff in September??
Reply 3731
Original post by levantine
firmed Cardiff AAB needed.

ANyone going to cardiff in September??

Hello, me too (well if I don't fail maths) :smile:
is there a facebook group for ucl pharmacy students? would be good to get to know each other before the term starts!
Original post by AmberCD
Hello, me too (well if I don't fail maths) :smile:

WOOP WOOP fellow pharmacist at cardiff :smile: have you applied for accomodation yet? I applied for talybont south as i heard its the best ensuite
AQA biology is gonna screw me over so badly. I reckon i can get my B in biology. Chemistry and Maths are no issues for me.
Same, i've got a B in business studies already and all i need is BB in chemistry and biology..I am literally pooing my pants for the summer exam's lol
Original post by sikhtank27
Same, i've got a B in business studies already and all i need is BB in chemistry and biology..I am literally pooing my pants for the summer exam's lol

lol why did you neg me?
I think keele would be a better choice :smile:
Original post by dawood.zul
Hi everyone,

I got a couple of unconditional offers into the MPharm program from different schools. However, I am looking more towards Keele or Kent (Medway) and really stuck as to making my final decision. Can some one help as I am an International student from Toronto ?? :frown:

________________________________ ________________________________ _____
Medway School of Pharmacy- Unconditional Offer
University of Keele- Unconditional Offer
University of East Anglia- Unconditional Offer
Brighton University- Conditional Offer
University of Sunderland- No Answer

Hey, keele would be the better choice. It is a modern university and the teaching is excellent :smile:
Reply 3739
Original post by levantine
WOOP WOOP fellow pharmacist at cardiff :smile: have you applied for accomodation yet? I applied for talybont south as i heard its the best ensuite

I wet for:
Talycourt
Colum Hall
Talysouth
Senghennydd Court
Senghennydd Hall
Talynorth
Talynorth small
Talynorth reduced
Aberconway Hall
Cartwright Court

Hoping as I applied only a couple of days after it opened that I will get one of my top 3, I was really surprised when it said 10! Lots of friends who have applied to other uni's already know which accommodation they are getting :confused: I haven't actually seen the accommodation (unless you count the 360 virtual tour things) but from what I herd and mainly the location I went for those.

Original post by sikhtank27

Not quite sure what that neg was for, I am genuinely finding maths a struggle this year :s-smilie: Why does that or the fact I want to go to Cardiff deserve a neg?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending