The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 900
Original post by 000katie000
I know I'm a bit late in this discussion but I'm also an MPharm hopeful!
I've just sent my application last week and received aknowledgements from Cardiff, Reading, Portsmouth and Hertfordshire. However, nothing from De Montfort.
I REALLY want Cardiff. I know they did interviews today, did anyone go? What did they ask you and did you do any kind of test?
I'm super nervous now. Checking my email/UCAS about 50 times a day. Even though it's only been days lol :colondollar:

I had one today, he asked me 'why pharmacy, why cardiff, why should we chose you, what skills do you have, what properties should a tablet have ummm different ways of delivering drugs, when was your proudest moment... can't remember the others! it went on for half an hour though! :O
Original post by rosie12
I had one today, he asked me 'why pharmacy, why cardiff, why should we chose you, what skills do you have, what properties should a tablet have ummm different ways of delivering drugs, when was your proudest moment... can't remember the others! it went on for half an hour though! :O

Oh, thanks for replying. Do you know who it was that interviewed you?
I'm freaking out about the personal ones. I think I could deal with and prepare for 'whats properties should a tablet have?' etc
However, proudest moment!? ARGH! lol
I'm sure it went well if you were there for half an hour. They won't bother wasting time if you make a poor first impression. Goodluck!
I'm also worried about mathy questions or tests, do you have a good GCSE Maths grade or AS/A level Maths? I didn't do it above GCSE so I'm worried I might get a bit grilled :eek:
Reply 902
Original post by 000katie000
Oh, thanks for replying. Do you know who it was that interviewed you?
I'm freaking out about the personal ones. I think I could deal with and prepare for 'whats properties should a tablet have?' etc
However, proudest moment!? ARGH! lol
I'm sure it went well if you were there for half an hour. They won't bother wasting time if you make a poor first impression. Goodluck!
I'm also worried about mathy questions or tests, do you have a good GCSE Maths grade or AS/A level Maths? I didn't do it above GCSE so I'm worried I might get a bit grilled :eek:

no can't remember his name, think he was a nice one though :smile: I had no maths or chem tests, however i think others may have had questions on drugs, and structure. I do maths at a level, but if you have bio and chem you will be fine ! Depends on the interviewer and luck on the day! x
Original post by rosie12
no can't remember his name, think he was a nice one though :smile: I had no maths or chem tests, however i think others may have had questions on drugs, and structure. I do maths at a level, but if you have bio and chem you will be fine ! Depends on the interviewer and luck on the day! x

Yes I suppose :rolleyes: thank you!
Reply 904
Sorry if this seems a bit irrelevant but I sent my UCAS form off to my college almost a month ago now and they still haven't sent it to the universities!!!!!!!! I'm so angry, would it hinder my chances of getting a place within Pharmacy? If so, I will be livid!
Reply 905
Original post by otrivine
Can someone tell me please how many people does reading university give offers to ? Like spaces how much space or how many do they take

they have around 100 spots
Reply 906
Anyone know how long after your interview (for Nottingham) it will/usually takes for them to make a decision? :confused:
Reply 907
Original post by dks.
how did your manchester interview go? :smile: i have mine on the 16th and it's my first one so i'm really nervous lol. what were the questions and the wrriten assessment like? :smile: x

Hey was your interview? :smile: Mines next wednesday and i would be grateful for any help you could give :smile:
Reply 908
Original post by K.H
Just got a letter from manchester for an interview on the 16th :biggrin:
Annoyed that they " cant afford " a better delivery than 2nd class, took 4 days xD

Hey how did it go? If you dont mind could you give examples of some of the questions asked please :colondollar:
Reply 909
Yay, my college finally sent my app!
The waiting begins (-.-)
Anyone had an EA interview or notts :s-smilie: got my mock one with school tomoro any avice would be great! :smile:
Original post by Smiile
Hey was your interview? :smile: Mines next wednesday and i would be grateful for any help you could give :smile:

I agree, please give some advice, thanks.
Reply 912
Original post by aneesax
its just a question that you have to write a paragraph answer for. not everyone gets the same questions. "its just to see that you can put words together" one of the lecturers at manchester said to me.

Did you get an offer from manchester? If so, what grades do you have to get?
Had my interview yesterday :P
Reply 913
Original post by Smiile

hey, it went okay thank you! nothing to be worried about :smile:
you're split into two groups when you get there and given your interview time and you are given your written assessment when you get there. mine was to give my opinions on the skills and qualities pharmacist's should possess but everyone got different ones. it's just for them to see the way you put words together and how you would write an essay.
the maths questions were not too bad, one of them were quite difficult. it's simple division, adding and multiplication but make sure you read the question carefully and pick out the right things.
the interview was just like a chat really, it depends on which professor/doctor/lecturer is interviewing you because there is about six/seven of them. my questions were; why pharmacy, why manchester, a time when i have failed, a time when i have been professional. i can't really remember the rest but i was asked quite a few. they told us that we would find out by tomorrow lunchtime.
anyway, hope that helps :smile: you will be fine! just be yourself- nothing to worry about at all, good luck!
Reply 914
Original post by dks.
hey, it went okay thank you! nothing to be worried about :smile:
you're split into two groups when you get there and given your interview time and you are given your written assessment when you get there. mine was to give my opinions on the skills and qualities pharmacist's should possess but everyone got different ones. it's just for them to see the way you put words together and how you would write an essay.
the maths questions were not too bad, one of them were quite difficult. it's simple division, adding and multiplication but make sure you read the question carefully and pick out the right things.
the interview was just like a chat really, it depends on which professor/doctor/lecturer is interviewing you because there is about six/seven of them. my questions were; why pharmacy, why manchester, a time when i have failed, a time when i have been professional. i can't really remember the rest but i was asked quite a few. they told us that we would find out by tomorrow lunchtime.
anyway, hope that helps :smile: you will be fine! just be yourself- nothing to worry about at all, good luck!

Good luckk :smile: and thanks for the help. Were you asked any questions about drugs?
Reply 915
Original post by Jessica.Jane23
Anyone had an EA interview or notts :s-smilie: got my mock one with school tomoro any avice would be great! :smile:

Heya :smile:
I had an interview last year with East Anglia and believe me, you have nothing to worry about. It wasn't even an interview!
The guy asked me what my favourite subject was at school and looked over my personal statement, saw I played clarinet and talked about that for 20 minutes.

Apparently everyone else had one just as informal as that. I think they just want to see that you are enthusiastic and talkative really, just show off your personality.

Got rejected by Notts so cant help you there I'm afraid! Good Luck! :biggrin:
heyy guys how come is it when you clcik on the pharmacy course on ucas UCL appears but says pharmacology can you still apply for it cause its on the pharmacy section?
Reply 917
Original post by Smiile
Good luckk :smile: and thanks for the help. Were you asked any questions about drugs?

yeah, but i was only asked because i had included one in my ps. go over your ps and see if there's anything that you think they would ask you about :smile:
Reply 918
Original post by Jin3011
Just wandering guys, I'm going to send my application off by Tuesday, but has anyone has sent their personal statement off without any lines between paragraphs. Mine just looks like a block of text (as it did last year), but if you've left your p.s like this, have you managed to get any interviews or offers thus far?

that how mine was, dont worry about lines etc. just make sure it fits.
Reply 919
Original post by dks.
how did your manchester interview go? :smile: i have mine on the 16th and it's my first one so i'm really nervous lol. what were the questions and the wrriten assessment like? :smile: x

how was your interview? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending