The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Harley
I sent mine on the 14th of December :smile: It's so frustrating whenever I get an email and it's something else!

I applied to strathclyde and RGU for pharmacy, and glasgow for marine biology, been rejected by St Andrews for biochemistry because of my pharmacy personal statement though

Ahh sweeet! Yeah I constantly check my e-mails incase something from ucas has home in. I've only got 1 interview then I'll hopefully have all my offers haha. Are you scottish then? Free fee's....lucky haha
Reply 1901
Original post by GraemeLawd
Ahh sweeet! Yeah I constantly check my e-mails incase something from ucas has home in. I've only got 1 interview then I'll hopefully have all my offers haha. Are you scottish then? Free fee's....lucky haha

Yup definitely saving a lot of money by going to uni up here! Where all have you applied to?
Original post by Harley
Yup definitely saving a lot of money by going to uni up here! Where all have you applied to?

Ahaa that's what I'm like with Queens Belfast its nearly 1/3 of everywhere else.

I applied all Pharmacy, Queen's Belfast, East Anglia, Kings London, RGU and Medway in Kent.
Reply 1903
I've received 3 offers for pharmacy so far *huge sigh of relief* :smile:

Aston - AA
Demontfort - ABB
Wolverhampton - ABB

I also got an unconditional offer for biomedical science at Coventry and Uni of Birm.
Reply 1904
Original post by supersping
anyone heard back from brighton yet? ahhhhhhhh

nope.
taking forever.
had my interview on dec 14.
Original post by pukka.
nope.
taking forever.
had my interview on dec 14.

I had my interview on the same day..which group was you in?
Original post by f1uffyc4ndy
OMG got offer from LSOP for AAB! So happy :biggrin:

how was the interview? :s and congrats btw :smile:
Original post by zara_x
Ah thanks, but Im a gap year student so I've already got mny grades. I've applied to dentistry so im still quiet stressed out! I did really like LSOP though so wouldn't mind going there if all else fails.

Im sure you'll get to where you want, just work hard at it and don't give up!:smile:

Congratulations! Good luck with the dentistry process :smile: How was the interview? what kind of questions do they ask?
Reply 1908
Has anyone had interviews in cardiff or brighton? Got them coming up in the next few weeks and not sure what to expect...
Reply 1909
PEOPLE PLEASE HELP!! Anyone had an interview at UEA? Got mine next week and I am literarily freaking out. Never had anything like it before, don't know what to expect. Please help, I would be grateful.
Reply 1910
I am so pissed off, got an successful from hertfordshire even though i had an interview and got a place last year and got an interview but ended up going to hospital with a life threatening illness and missed my exams. should I reply to the admissions?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by amerzeb
I am so pissed off, got an successful from hertfordshire even though i had an interview and got a place yesterday and got an interview but ended up going to hospital with a life threatening illness and missed my exams. should I reply to the admissions?

What illness was it? are you better now?
Reply 1912
i didn't know pharmacy applicants could get unconditional offers! thought it was only conditional but well done thats really good! :smile:

Its only unconditional because im on a gap year, ive already got them :smile:
Reply 1913
Original post by FunkeyMunkey
Congratulations! Good luck with the dentistry process :smile: How was the interview? what kind of questions do they ask?

Thank you, erm I cant remember exactly it was just a general chat, the guy was really nice! He asked me if Id heard anything in the news about pharmacy, why that university erm and the rest was really random stuff! Oh he asked if id actually consider doing pharmacy instead of dentistry too
Reply 1914
Original post by chemicalX
What illness was it? are you better now?

necrotising pancreatitis, and yes i am better now and it was suppoed to say last year not yesterday on my previous post
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1915
Anyone been invited to interview at East Anglia? How was? What was it like?
Reply 1916
Original post by amerzeb
I am so pissed off, got an successful from hertfordshire even though i had an interview and got a place yesterday and got an interview

You had an interview at Hertfordshire for pharmacy! What was it like, what did they ask??! Im desperate to get a place there.......
Reply 1917
Original post by Tzippy
You had an interview at Hertfordshire for pharmacy! What was it like, what did they ask??! Im desperate to get a place there.......

Well the interview was last year.
They ask about why do want to do pharmacy, then they give you a question regarding chemistry(stereochemistry was a question they gave to me). It is a group interview so be aware that some people might try to steal the spotlight.
Reply 1918
Original post by godknows

Original post by godknows
yeh I am less worried about the interview and more worried about getting the grades :frown: what offer did you get from manchester? AAB?

Yeah same!! And yep AAB.
anyone heard back from brighton yet? ahhhhhhhh

Yeah they emailed me with some dates for 'aptitude tests and group exercises'

Anyone heard from Hertforshire or Portsmouth? Theyre my top choices and I sent my application off well early dont know whats going on :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending