The Student Room Group

Girls on Microgynon 30

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi
Wondering if anyone can help I take my pill around 5pm every day, I took my last pill on Saturday around 6/7 as I forgot on Sunday I had unprotected sex but it was within the 24 hour mark before the pill sort of runs out, Sunday I wiped myself and the was blood but when I woke Monday I only have brown discharge, Tuesday was the same all morning but then in the afternoon I had blood again and then just brown discharge, I've woken up on Wednesday and still just brown discharge I am getting a little worried now, HELP!!
Reply 21
Hey ladies, so I'm a bit worried as I've never had a period this late. :s
Took my last pill on monday night and it's been 5 days with nothing so far. Is this something to worry about?
Ive been on my period for 3 months now with the combined pill which is supposed to stop periods completely but am really worried why they are still heavy and lasting a long time?? Has any one had this problem with the pill?
Reply 23
I was on the pill when I was 14 regulated me a bit but I was falling asleep in lessons as a side affect and was told not to worry as it would be sorted in a year which I thought was too long to be missing out on lessons for. I started it again about 6 months ago and 2 months later I was pregnant. so things can go wrong and I would urge all girls to use condoms when on the pill as it can be uneffective at times
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me I had unpretected sex about 3 weeks ago and I went and took the morning after pill 4 days after and it covers up to 5 days,I had unpretected sex before I went on the pill, I've been taking microgynon 30ED I've taken my 16 pill today and I'm almost 10 days late, I'm never late could I be pregnant?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me I had unpretected sex about 3 weeks ago and I went and took the morning after pill 4 days after and it covers up to 5 days,I had unpretected sex before I went on the pill, I've been taking microgynon 30ED I've taken my 16 pill today and I'm almost 10 days late, I'm never late could I be pregnant?

Yes, it's possible, though both the MAP and normal pill can affect your cycle, so it's not a definite. You could take a test now, or wait until your pill-free/placebo week if you want to be doubly sure.
My daughter is only 12 year old , autistic and passes out with the sight of blood so for this reason she has been prescribed the pill to take for a solI'd 96 days then take a break for a week which she will then have a period then carry on after 7 days to take the pill . She has just had a total meltdown because she has start bleeding in the middle of taking her pill and we had told her that she shouldn't. Is this normal to start bleeding in the middle of tablets
Original post by AlisonLeasley
My daughter is only 12 year old , autistic and passes out with the sight of blood so for this reason she has been prescribed the pill to take for a solI'd 96 days then take a break for a week which she will then have a period then carry on after 7 days to take the pill . She has just had a total meltdown because she has start bleeding in the middle of taking her pill and we had told her that she shouldn't. Is this normal to start bleeding in the middle of tablets

If you take the pill back to back for long periods of time then yes, you can get "breakthrough bleeding" before you actually get to the next pill break. It may settle down by itself, or she may continue spotting until the next break.
Reply 28
Hey, Iv just started to use microgynon. Although at the time which im due to take the 7 day break I'm on holiday. Is there a way with this to stop or delay a period for just one month?
Original post by Georglmx
Hey, Iv just started to use microgynon. Although at the time which im due to take the 7 day break I'm on holiday. Is there a way with this to stop or delay a period for just one month?

Just continue onto your next pack, and take a break at the end of that one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mine used to come every 3rd day like clockwork. Then I broke up with my boyfriend, stopped taking them after a holiday like 6 months late blah blah got another boyfriend and started taking them again.
This time, it can be anywhere between 3 and 5 days for mine to come. Scared us for like the first 4 months when it arrived 2 days late every now and then!
Original post by AlisonLeasley

My doctor recommended when I asked her about skipping a break that I don't take more than two packs back to back. Not that it's harmful, just that 42 pills then a break means you're much less likely to have a breakthrough bleed - I know someone that took three back to back and started their breakthrough bleed in the last week of the third pack. It might be easier to go for less than 96 days back to back before having a 7 day break - more bleeds in total, but less likely that you'll have an unexpected breakthrough bleed. Of course, there's always multiple different pill options if she finds that Microgynon isn't the right one for her.
Reply 32
I'm 15 years old. I'm taking these pills for the first time I took mine today. Once I stop the pill can I get pregnant in the future so like in my mid 20s
Original post by Kira123
I'm 15 years old. I'm taking these pills for the first time I took mine today. Once I stop the pill can I get pregnant in the future so like in my mid 20s

There's no evidence that going on the pill affects your fertility in any way. All you need to do if you want to get pregnant is stop taking the pill, get rid of any other forms of contraception that you're using, and you should be fine.
Reply 34
I'm new to taking the pill just started the first pack and I've come to the white pills now so does that mean I don't take a brake as they are the dummy pills I'm guessing or do I take the small ones then the white ones and then take the brake I'm confused??
Original post by Jjs 1994
I'm new to taking the pill just started the first pack and I've come to the white pills now so does that mean I don't take a brake as they are the dummy pills I'm guessing or do I take the small ones then the white ones and then take the brake I'm confused??

Check the instruction leaflet that should have come with the pack. If you have 3 weeks of normal pills then a week of dummy ones, you don't take a break - the dummy pills ARE your break. If you're really not sure or can't find the leaflet then go and ask your pharmacist.
My doctor said the rules have changed and that you should only take 4 days without the pill and then begin again. Apparently it is no longer a 7 day break anymore, as you are fertile then😊

Quick Reply

Latest