The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Please help me with accommodation!

I chose North Hill Court but I overlooked the distance and the size of the place! I want a relatively cheap, self-catered place with a good social life and the closest to campus/ in between campus and Headingly. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!
(edited 12 years ago)
:angry:
Original post by mexicanbasterd
I chose North Hill Court but I overlooked the distance and the size of the place! I want a relatively cheap, self-catered place with a good social life and the closest to campus/ in between campus and Headingly. Any advice would be appreciated, thank you!

Try Lupton? In Headingley but very very cheap! Either that or Montague Burton just down the road from uni, or even try private halls, Eldon Court, opposite Chemistry.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
I don't know the prices of the accomodations this year but whereever you get put it will all depend on the people you get put with. All the halls have a good social life and North Hill Court is almost exactly halfway between campus and headingley - about 10mins in either direction.

I lived on the same road in a smaller residence in 1st year - not my choice of accom but I went through clearing. The house was lovely but the international students had nothing in common with me so I moved to bodington. I am looking for a place for final year at the moment and am viewing a house on that road on friday because its such a great location.

IMO the local, the hyde park is one of the best student pubs on the otley run along with skyrack and library. Good luck with your results and if you enjoy leeds half as much as I have you will never look back!
Reply 3
I wouldn't really say any of the halls are that cheap (when you get into 2nd and 3rd year the houses get cheaper!) but I know a lot of people who stayed in Lupton and it's close the everything really and walking distance to Uni so you don't have to waste money on a bus pass (I was at Clarence Dock and had to spend £300 on my bus pass :frown: ). If you didn't mind spending a bit more on your accommodation, James Baillie is a really great halls to be in, as long as you get one of the bigger rooms that is!

Quick Reply

Latest