The Student Room Group

What Do You Think of King's College London?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HRH2
Year 1, Semester 1:

Programming Practices (Java)
Elementary and Logistic Applications
Foundation of Computing (not what it sounds....its hard core maths)
Computer Systems

Year 1, Semester 2:

Prolog, Java
Data Structures
Programming Applications (Advanced Java)
Artificial Intelligence

How much coursework and exams did you get in both 1st and 2nd semester?

:smile: and i've programmed before so programming will be fine for about 2 years now :smile:
Reply 41
We had about 4/5 pieces of course work. If you are good at programming then shouldnt be too hard.
Reply 42
True.
Reply 43
Original post by HRH2
First of all, KCL is not really known for its Computer Science department. Second of all, I find the lecturers/ teachers boring and the subject of CS extremely boring and demotivating as well. It could be a personal thing but what makes it worse is that my course if full of GEEKS who stay at home all year round and study. I don't want to be mean but its summer break and they are preparing for 2nd year instead of partying. Enough said? lol

When are you going to get your results?
Original post by HRH2
Oh and on another note your university is good for nothing. Sorry.

Newcastle's Medical School actually has a really good reputation.
Reply 45
Original post by Kenny101
When are you going to get your results?

Got them.
Reply 46
Original post by HRH2
Got them.

Then how did you do etc? Are you continuing?
Reply 47
I didn't do too well. Topped my Management modules but have to retake two of my CS modules. There are more than hundred people in my course joining me as well so I don't feel too bad.
How is Neuroscience (or more generally biomedical science) thought of at kings
It's good but not a top university.
Reply 50
I want to know what kind of people go to this KCL? like mostly asian people, rich kids or what kind of environment this university has?
Original post by mcda
I want to know what kind of people go to this KCL? like mostly asian people, rich kids or what kind of environment this university has?

I heard it's mostly UCL rejects.
Reply 52
Original post by Edulcorante
I heard it's mostly UCL rejects.

so UCL is a better university than KCL?
Original post by mcda
so UCL is a better university than KCL?

Well, as a previous poster wrote, King's is good but it's not a top university. I think most people would agree that UCL is a top university.
Reply 54
KCL is great. Just go for the name if not anything else. The fact that it's in London is worth the 9K fees, as employers will be like 'you went to Uni in London? OMG, You're hired!'
Original post by Voi
KCL is great. Just go for the name if not anything else. The fact that it's in London is worth the 9K fees, as employers will be like 'you went to Uni in London? OMG, You're hired!'

Employers won't do that just because you went to uni in London.
Original post by Voi

Yeah, it's a lot like London Met in that respect.
UCL > :smug:
Reply 58
I am thinking about studying a postgraduate in kings college but i would like to know what do you guys think about it?

are there many international students?
Reply 59
Original post by mcda
I am thinking about studying a postgraduate in kings college but i would like to know what do you guys think about it?

are there many international students?

Of course. Thousands of them. Probably more of them than uk students, or at least it feels like that walking on its campus...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending