The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University - Which halls have you applied for and why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
That's kl! I havn't looked round any of them yet what is caswell like? Where are u from?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 21
Yeh caswells nice, pretty standard but modern. From Guildford mate what about you?
Reply 22
Original post by d0000dle
Yep, you're floor 6, room 2, you have my friend's room. :biggrin: You can see the sea from the kitchen, the view is pretty awesome from there. From your room I think you can only see the hospital. The rooms are really nice with lots of room and a big window. You should get a mini fridge, sink, mirror, bed, desk, shelves and wardrobe included. Also, you're at the end of the corridor so the furtherest from the kitchen, which is good as you won't get the noise. The kitchen is large (I hope you're aware you'll be sharing a flat with 17 people), with 8 chairs. We always brought in extra chairs from our rooms but residential services don't like it so always put them back before the cleaner comes each week. The bathroom are just bathrooms, they do vary in size but you'll only be sharing with one other person and they are cleaned for you once a week, unlike those with en-suites, they have to clean theirs themselves.

You're also lucky because one of the two laundrettes are at the bottom of Cefn Bryn so it's easy to do your washing.

I was in 606 and I had the best time in that flat. Out of the 18 people, 14 of us got on really well and are sharing two houses in September. We were even talking about coming back one day next year to have a visit, so you might get to meet some of us. If there you have anymore questions I'm happy to answer anything. :smile:

you get mini fridges in Cefn Bryn?! You wouldn't happen to know if you get that in Penmaen as well?? :smile:
Reply 23
From sussex near tunbridge wells. Actually near guilford at the moment working at bisley. What u studying next year?
Reply 24
oh right nice what you doing in bisley? doing product design engineering, what about you?
Original post by Mr.Bubbles
Yup, unless you have an unconditional offer which you would have recieved an accomodation offer today.

I've got Penmaen 530 :smile:

That was my room last year :awesome:
Reply 26
Original post by Jinxxeh
Haha, well okay, the hospital's fine :P And that's good about the fridge! It's okay to have a kettle in your room, right? And are you allowed to have things on the wall? Y'know, posters, photos, corkboard, etc? 'Cause I know you're not allowed to at some places.
Wow.. When it said 18 people to a floor on the website I wasn't sure if they'd be divided into separate flats or not..! xD But okay, I think I can deal with that, haha! I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of new people, so that'll be good! Did you ever feel like it was too many though? :P
Good to know about the launderette! I'm really glad I chose to live on campus actually.. I was considering the student village because my sister lived on campus when she went to uni and said she found it hard to meet a lot of new people outside of her flat, but I think there's a lot more people living on campus at Swansea than there were at her uni.. And this has the huge advantage of being only a few minutes from lectures and the library!
Haha, well maybe I'll end up meeting some of you, yeah! :P Ohh, and one last question! Are there any big supermarkets near campus? Basically, where do most people who live on campus do their food shopping? Thanks for answering all of these! xD

You are allowed things on your wall, and the room comes with a corkboard to pin things on. And I never felt there were too many people around. I actually really liked it, it’s hard not to find someone to talk too. If you want to make sure you meet people outside of you flat I would suggest joining a society. It’s how a made a larger group of friends than just the ones I live with.
Most people do their shopping at the massive 24/7 Tesco in town. Takes about 40 minutes to walk to it, 10 minutes to bus, and if there is a lot of you going it’s far cheaper to get a taxi and split the costs. You can also have it delivered to campus as well :biggrin:
Original post by romingsb
you get mini fridges in Cefn Bryn?! You wouldn't happen to know if you get that in Penmaen as well?? :smile:

I don’t think so sorry, I think it’s just Cefn Bryn, Kilvey, and Rhossili. This might be helpful for you: http://www.swansea.ac.uk/media/ACCOMMODATING%20SUCCESS%202011.pdf
Reply 27
Original post by Silver Arrow
That was my room last year :awesome:

I'm not sure if I should be scared or not, I kid :smile:

Good room?
I'm not sure if I should be scared or not, I kid :smile:

Good room?

Yeah i loved it.
Reply 29
Working at the shooting centre for queens to try and save up some money. Business management so should be pretty kl.
Reply 30
oh right nice, yeh same just trying to save up for freshers week mainly..! add me on facebook mate - Max Lazarevic
Reply 31
Think I just added you dude- rob Horsfall-turner
Reply 32
Original post by Jinxxeh
Oooh, hi! I'm in Cefn Bryn too! Room 602! :biggrin: What're you studying?

Does that mean you were on floor six? I think that's where I am.. I figured that's what 602 meant, anyhow! Is it pretty high up, yeah? Can you see the sea from there? :P Though I looked at the campus map, it looks to be right at the back of the campus.. Umm.. Are the rooms nice? From what I've heard they're pretty big as uni halls go..? And the kitchen/bathrooms?

Haha, sorry for all these questions! xD

Ahhh sweet im studying engineering and cant wait!! swansea is an awesome city! what are you studying?
Reply 33
Original post by d0000dle
Great choice on Cefn Bryn :biggrin: I was the floor above you last year and had an awesome time, if there's anything you wanna know about the building let me know. :smile:

Nothing in particular cheers!! glad u had a gd time thr, anything u thing us new residents shud know?
Reply 34
I'm in Penmaen 815.

I'm so glad I found this forum. I wasn't able to see the campus before choosing. Thanks for the wonderful comments!
Reply 35
I've got a few friends who live in Pennmaen and it was very nice and new inside. I lived in the village though and that was bleeding awesome. Personally I would go for the village accomodation; buses aren't that bad plus you're probably going to need the bus pass anyway to do your shopping etc. Plus living off campus doesn't make you feel like you're in uni all the time.
Reply 36
Original post by wellse01
Ahhh sweet im studying engineering and cant wait!! swansea is an awesome city! what are you studying?

Yeah, the more I've looked at stuff about the city, the more I'm looking forward to it! And I'm studying Ancient History and Politics :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by Jinxxeh
Are there any big supermarkets near campus? Basically, where do most people who live on campus do their food shopping? Thanks for answering all of these! xD

Just so you know when you need to go to the big Tesco (or into town in general), it's the big purple bendy bus outside Fulton House (main building) that you want, and the Quadrant stop is where you need to get off.

It doesn't actually matter that much which bus you go on since almost all of them are going to the city centre, but it's useful to go on that one at first because that's the one that comes back to the university so you'll know where to catch the bus back from. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 38
Student Village, cos i can park my sexy ride (your mum) and also cos its cheaper than your mum
Reply 39
Yup, unless you have an unconditional offer which you would have recieved an accomodation offer today.

I've got Penmaen 530 :smile:

haha is stayed thereee

Quick Reply

Latest