Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Brown streaks in semen

Announcements Posted on

I've recently discovered that there are slight brown tinges in my ejaculate. There's no odour, no pain, no excess sensitivity, literally I feel completely normal (for now). I have done a bit of research on the web but all I found was that it could be old blood from being hit in the testes for example or excessive riding on a bike saddle. I have not to my knowledge recently taken a hit to that area (I think i'd know about it!) so it's not that.

Also I have not recently changed my diet, although last night I drank quite a lot of cider, which I normally drink but it doesn't normally cause this.

Basically I was wondering whether there's anyone who has had this before and could tell me if it just went away or what they did to get rid of it.

I'd also appreciate it if people could spare the stupid comments, about anal sex and the like (which I havent done btw), as this could be a serious problem so I would like to get people's useful experiences of this. Thankyou.
    • 64 followers

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked yourself for any lumps?

I have found the following for advice about blood in the semen (which I suspect it is, as I can't think of any other reason for brown stains in the semen - although I am a woman so I'd obviously have no personal experience, haha): http://www.andrologyaustralia.org/do...oodInSemen.pdf
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've recently discovered that there are slight brown tinges in my ejaculate. There's no odour, no pain, no excess sensitivity, literally I feel completely normal (for now). I have done a bit of research on the web but all I found was that it could be old blood from being hit in the testes for example or excessive riding on a bike saddle. I have not to my knowledge recently taken a hit to that area (I think i'd know about it!) so it's not that.

Also I have not recently changed my diet, although last night I drank quite a lot of cider, which I normally drink but it doesn't normally cause this.

Basically I was wondering whether there's anyone who has had this before and could tell me if it just went away or what they did to get rid of it.

I'd also appreciate it if people could spare the stupid comments, about anal sex and the like (which I havent done btw), as this could be a serious problem so I would like to get people's useful experiences of this. Thankyou.
    See your GP or go to your local GUM clinic.

THe obvious advice is invariably the best.

Thanks for the advice, i've checked for lumps already (sorry forgot to say) - think its clear, so what i'll do is have another look in a few hours and see if it's the same, it said on the link that sometimes this problem can come and go so maybe after a few days or weeks perhaps it will disappear.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It might be best to get it looked at just to be on the safe side, as it sounds like it might be blood. It's nothing to be alarmed about, but it's always worth the peace of mind.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Get that checked out asap
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To the doctors asap

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2011
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.