The Student Room Group

Aqa A2 Ict, Bad Idea

OMG!!!!

If anybody told me A2 ICT was going to be this hard, i would never have choosen it. Ive got an exam in 30days which i havent revised for and got a load of Access coursework to do.

My advice, unless you want to stay up all night in front of Access messing around with query's and forms, STAY WELL CLEAR.

For all you unlucky people including myself that mistaken choose this subject, i wish you all the best in Access error messages!!
Reply 1
loll...ye tell me bout it......its not dat its hard....its jus that it takes agezzzzzz...newzy gd luck wid both!
Reply 2
its just time and effort

took me about 20 hours to do my as coursework the other day to re-sumbit, so i am guessing that a2 coursework will take about 30 hours.
Reply 3
fatant
its just time and effort

took me about 20 hours to do my as coursework the other day to re-sumbit, so i am guessing that a2 coursework will take about 30 hours.
Depends how much you hard code it and how detailed you want to go.
Reply 4
yeah thats a really good point, i mean u can make a simple db, n get a decent grade or u can go more advance and get an A! but the worst part is when u do a lot and 4get 2 backup and loose ur WORK!! lol ....
Well I'm planning to carry on with the A2...I haven't done the AS coursework yet but I've heard it's fairly intensive and requires a lot of work...I'm not scared of hard work. I will carry on to A2 and just put in the effort. I think the qualification will be worth it in the end!
Reply 6
A2 ICT coursework is nothing. At university you do projects that are the same size or bigger in even shorter time frames. I had to design and implement a web stock control system in about 5 weeks as well as doing various other programming at the same time. For some of my first year projects I spent > 60 hours programming, 30 of those in one session.

One good thing about university is that you do the documentation properly - you can do the entire documentation for a project in under 30 pages, not the 300 pages i ended up doing in A2.

Latest

Trending

Trending