Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by cuckoo99
em the answers to the last question were Al3+ + 3e- = Al
and 2O2- ----> O2 + 4e-

i think :smile:

i didnt get dat
Reply 21
what did you get then lol ? and im sure what i did is right. but pardon my ignorance if im wrong :smile:
em the answers to the last question were Al3+ + 3e- = Al
and 2O2- ----> O2 + 4e-

i think :smile:

Im doing this paper for the mock please can u tell me the answer for the last question please: I understand Al3+ + 3e- = Al
but what is 2O2 = O2 + 4e- ????
I am doing this paper for the Mock as well....
Reply 24
Original post by sivaa015.310
Im doing this paper for the mock please can u tell me the answer for the last question please: I understand Al3+ + 3e- = Al

Original post by Vorsah
i didnt get dat

what did you get then lol ? and im sure what i did is right. but pardon my ignorance if im wrong :smile:

2O2- --> O2 + 4e-

Basically, you have 2 O2- ions on the left. Then two electrons are taken from each oxygen atom, so you have O2 and 4 electrons...

does that make sense? It's hard to visualise, but it's because it's been balanced, it can be quite confusing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by sivaa015.310

2O2- -----> O2 + 4e- means : there are 2 oxygen ions with a charge of 2- this means they both have gained 2 electrons but then when u write the arrow( -------->) O2 + 4e- this means the 2 oxygen ions both lost those 2 electrons so now ur left with O2 and the 4 other electrons so
2O2- -----> O2 basicaly means that 2 oxygen ions have lost 2 electrons , this means they are not ions but simple atoms and yuo have the 4 electrons that were bonded to the 2 atoms of oxygen left over

hope that helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending