The Student Room Group

British people are ****ing cool.

I'm not British though I did live there for 4 years while growing up. British people are just so ****ing cool, the way they talk, dress, live. Their sport, culture,music,comedy, TV. I wish I was British.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What nationality are you now?
No they are not. Some are, but they get called rah and are disliked for some reason.
Reply 3
I didn't know I was cool?
So's this guy. :wink:

Meanwhile, thanks for the compliment.
meh, british people. we're not that great :/
Reply 6
Original post by hwalker37
Have you been to liverpool?:lolwut:

Have you seen a chav?

OP, whilst I like Britain I don't think there is a need to wish to be British!

There are rotten apples everywhere. By and large though, British people are cool.
Cool

Story

Bro

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by tehforum
What nationality are you now?

I was and am South African. My parents emigrated to England because of the crime here and still live there. I'm at uni in the US at the moment.
Thanks, I guess...
Original post by wouldyoudance
I'm not British though I did live there for 4 years while growing up. British people are just so ****ing cool, the way they talk, dress, live. Their sport, culture,music,comedy, TV. I wish I was British.

Yes, we ****ing are. :u:
Reply 12
Nothing cooler than having the IQ of a kumquat and a steadily growing obesity epidemic.

Only 5% of the country actually has the accent everyone abroad finds so wonderful.

Everyone else sounds like the illegitimate love-child of a mentally-challenged cockney and a half-fluent English speaker with a speech impediment.
Reply 13
Original post by hwalker37
Have you been to liverpool?:lolwut:

Have you?

As much fun as the old "hur hur Liverpool hur hur right grim t'up north" stereotype is, Liverpool is one of those cities that's actually a joy to visit and gets a bad reputation on the way it was some thirty odd years ago, much like Glasgow. Yes, there are areas of deprivation and crime, but this is a feature of all cities.
Reply 14
Original post by IlexBlue
Nothing cooler than having the IQ of a kumquat and a steadily growing obesity epidemic.

Only 5% of the country actually has the accent everyone abroad finds so wonderful.

Everyone else sounds like the illegitimate love-child of a mentally-challenged cockney and a half-fluent English speaker with a speech impediment.

haw haw ur so ironic!!11!
Reply 15
I think there are two things that I cant help being as a british person:

1. Hating Britain, putting it down all the time and generally loving any disappointment (a little girl crying on britains got talent for example) (oh and britain hasnt got talent wheeeyy)

2. Being ridiculously cocky about how britain is better than everywhere else...

It is actually possible to do both of these things...
Not today we're not. The British don't deal all too well with a bit of heat. :wink:
Why on Earth is this in H&R?
Reply 18
Original post by zjs
Have you?

As much fun as the old "hur hur Liverpool hur hur right grim t'up north" stereotype is, Liverpool is one of those cities that's actually a joy to visit and gets a bad reputation on the way it was some thirty odd years ago, much like Glasgow. Yes, there are areas of deprivation and crime, but this is a feature of all cities.

Liverpool is home to the Beatles :biggrin:
Reply 19
Too ****ing right mate. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest