The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2020
Original post by Faffyfoo
Wooohoo interview for Southampton for Modern Languages! :smile:
Also have offers from Exeter (32 IB points) & York (35 IB points)

Congrats! :smile:

& Yay for another languages applicant doing the IB!
Reply 2021
Original post by -raisa
Congrats! :smile:

& Yay for another languages applicant doing the IB!

Hurray for languages and IB! :biggrin:
Original post by TheProfessional
hey, well done m8ty!
almost forgot, I applied to Liverpool too, as my insurance.
got an offer from liverpool :smile:
nowhere else yet :frown:
hope your interview goes well :smile:
who else you heard back from?

ah thanks :smile: well at least youve got in somewhere eh? and no news is good news :smile:
not heard back from anywhere else yet, not even a rejection or anything! tis driving me crazy :P
Original post by emilystorey
ah thanks :smile: well at least youve got in somewhere eh? and no news is good news :smile:
not heard back from anywhere else yet, not even a rejection or anything! tis driving me crazy :P

hope it all goes well!
got offers from N'castle and Sheff btw! :smile:
Sheffield!!!!!
Original post by JadoreHan

Original post by JadoreHan
Cardiff, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Birmingham :smile: had two offers sop far, just waiting for hear from the other three now!!
I was gonna do french and beginners spanish cos spanish is awesome :smile: but i thought seeing as I already know german, might as well do that
ah well done :smile: whats your first choice?

I was gonna apply to Cardiff and Bath! but they're too far away from any family so I didn't :')
where's your other offer from?
Spanish is lovely but yeah, that makes sense; should be a bit easier to pick up!
I'm not sure...I think it'll be St Andrew's though if I get an offer :biggrin: you?
got a letter from birmingham today about attending an applicants day for french...However, I don't know if to attend, as it's a very expensive train journey away, and isn't a top choice uni for me...
Offer from University of Leeds!!! German - ABC with an A in German!! OMG kriofkroihnrikmdxsopwkomdw,s :biggrin:
Original post by chessie273
Got my first offer yesterday :biggrin: - French and Italian (ab initio) at Exeter AAB! Had a bit of a nightmare trying to log on to track though - had an agonising 10 mins after receiving the e-mail from UCAS where track kept telling me my details were invalid (despite the fact that i'd copied and pasted my ID number from their e-mail and had managed to log on easily earlier that day!). Eventually I had to click the "forgotten details" button and then after that it miraculously worked! Very weird...

Original post by JakeE10
Offer from University of Leeds!!! German - ABC with an A in German!! OMG kriofkroihnrikmdxsopwkomdw,s :biggrin:

well done!!! :biggrin:

Original post by Kaylaleigh
got a letter from birmingham today about attending an applicants day for french...However, I don't know if to attend, as it's a very expensive train journey away, and isn't a top choice uni for me...

have you looked at the uni before? it wasn't a top choice for me until I went there and the language courses look so good! and the uni's lovely :biggrin:
but if you're definitely not interested as such, it seems like a waste of money just to get an offer you'll reject?
Offer from Leicester - ABB! :biggrin:
interview from Sheffield!
Just got an Oxford interview!! :woo:
Original post by Banoffeepie16
Just got an Oxford interview!! :woo:

Congrats! How are you preparing? I feel like I should be for my Cambridge interview but it just occurred to me that I don't actually know how :tongue:
Reply 2033
Original post by banoffeepie16
just got an oxford interview!! :woo:

I knew you would!!! CONGRATULATIONS :dance:

Original post by deceiver
congrats! How are you preparing? I feel like i should be for my cambridge interview but it just occurred to me that i don't actually know how :tongue:

Tell me about it! Mine's on the 12th and I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do anything... I feel really directionless... :s-smilie:
Original post by Deceiver
Congrats! How are you preparing? I feel like I should be for my Cambridge interview but it just occurred to me that I don't actually know how :tongue:

Well I had a mock interview last year which was recorded (cringe!) so I'm going to watch it back to see how I could improve. I'll go over everything I've read; all the author's backgrounds, literary movements and features, read more... and I have another mock this Monday coming... so that I guess!

Oooh plus I'm going to try to absorb more on the French election and European current affairs in general, and read some articles from 'The Linguist'.

...Plus anything else I can think of :tongue:
Original post by lk2011
I knew you would!!! CONGRATULATIONS :dance:

Thank you so much :biggrin:
Original post by lk2011

Tell me about it! Mine's on the 12th and I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do anything... I feel really directionless... :s-smilie:

Well mine's next Friday and I haven't done anything yet...!
Reply 2037

Well mine's next Friday and I haven't done anything yet...!

Next Friday? :eek: That's so soon! Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do great :smile: Are you going to stay overnight? I'm actually really looking forward to spending some time in Cambridge! Although I know I'll fall in love with my college (Queens') and then find January unbearable :rolleyes:
Reply 2038

Well I had a mock interview last year which was recorded (cringe!) so I'm going to watch it back to see how I could improve. I'll go over everything I've read; all the author's backgrounds, literary movements and features, read more... and I have another mock this Monday coming... so that I guess!

Oooh plus I'm going to try to absorb more on the French election and European current affairs in general, and read some articles from 'The Linguist'.

...Plus anything else I can think of :tongue:

I feel so ignorant but what is the linguist? :tongue: Is it a newspaper/ magazine or a website?

I'm desperately trying to pick what topics I want to write down as being my primary interests (my college have actually specifically requested that I pick three.. it's a nightmare!!). I can't decide if I want to put in poetry or not and I'm obsessing over having a Spanish/ French balance. What's going to happen is I'm going to overprepare specifically for those topics and then they're going to ask me something simple like "Why languages?" and I'm going to crumble haha. THE PRESSURE!!
Original post by lk2011
"Why languages?" and I'm going to crumble haha. THE PRESSURE!!

Those really open questions are always the hardest because they're never ones I've prepared for. :frown: Obviously I have lots of good reasons for studying languages, but when you get such a basic question fired at you, it's difficult to put it into words.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending