The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jerseymackem
I know, I haven't started my French revision yet, I think I'll begin on Friday...

What cultural topic are you doing?

I'm doing la France sous l'Occupation and Les Quatres Cents Coups, a film by Truffaut. You?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Banoffeepie16
I'm doing la France sous l'Occupation and Les Quatres Cents Coups, a film by Truffaut. You?

The film La Haine and the region of Poitou-Charentes (literally the ****tiest, least interesting region in France! :rolleyes:)
Did anyone do Edexcel Spanish yesterday?
Did Spanish AQA this afternoon... Actually thought it was an amazing paper! Ended up enjoying it :L aha. Really pleased :smile:

How did everyone else find your exams?

Really? o__o I hated the AQA paper!
I think the sheer volume of multiple choice/true-false questions just put me off course, and the film director questions were cack. Wrote more than I ever had for an essay though, which I suppose is a good thing...
Original post by VickyDoodle
Really? o__o I hated the AQA paper!
I think the sheer volume of multiple choice/true-false questions just put me off course, and the film director questions were cack. Wrote more than I ever had for an essay though, which I suppose is a good thing...

I did the director essay too- which film did you study?
I suppose everyone finds a paper different, but I ended up enjoying it strangely!
The film La Haine and the region of Poitou-Charentes (literally the ****tiest, least interesting region in France! :rolleyes:)

I've always thought the region essays a bit odd to be honest- what kind of questions are you asked? :smile:
Original post by Dr. Bassman
I'm kind of looking forward to it. It's my last exam and I just want to get them over with. That said, I hope they don't come too soon because I really need to revise, especially because i've probably forgotten a fair bit since study leave began.

I'm so looking forward to being exam free too. I'm practising essays like mad at the moment!
I did the director essay too- which film did you study?
I suppose everyone finds a paper different, but I ended up enjoying it strangely!

I did Almodóvar but focused on Volver, though I've seen a lot of his films we didn't analyse them in as much detail and I remember examiner's reports saying those who did multiple films often failed to answer the question in previous years... linked it as much as I could but I guess it's just the nerves kicking in! :P What about you?
Reply 3708
Hi there! I'm spanish and I'll be starting French and initial German at Kent this year :biggrin:
Original post by VickyDoodle
I did Almodóvar but focused on Volver, though I've seen a lot of his films we didn't analyse them in as much detail and I remember examiner's reports saying those who did multiple films often failed to answer the question in previous years... linked it as much as I could but I guess it's just the nerves kicking in! :P What about you?

I did the same essay, focusing on Mar Adentro by Amenabar (didn't really have a choice in doing more than one film since we only studied one) I think it went ok, I'd practised the questions a lot so fingers crossed I guess!

Original post by r4ndom
Hi there! I'm spanish and I'll be starting French and initial German at Kent this year :biggrin:

Hi there! :smile:

I've always thought the region essays a bit odd to be honest- what kind of questions are you asked? :smile:

They're sort of about the industry, where it's going etc. Also things like the economy of the region, and tourism.
They're sort of about the industry, where it's going etc. Also things like the economy of the region, and tourism.

Ah I seeee :smile: Do you find it interesting?
I am very very scared about German tomorrow!! agghh!!

I've got vocab lists coming out of my ears!

Any tips for last minute revision today/tomorrow morning? What is most important to know/learn?
Ah I seeee :smile: Do you find it interesting?

Not really lol, but our teacher's from there, so we sort of have to! I do find it easier to write about than the film, because the question's normally very similar year on year, and I'm not very good at analysing films...
Not really lol, but our teacher's from there, so we sort of have to! I do find it easier to write about than the film, because the question's normally very similar year on year, and I'm not very good at analysing films...

Oh :tongue: well good luck :smile:

Ughhh, French next Tuesday... no more exams until then so I should be able to get quite a lot of revision in, but the knowledge that I need to get an A* is killing me -.-
Original post by Deceiver
Ughhh, French next Tuesday... no more exams until then so I should be able to get quite a lot of revision in, but the knowledge that I need to get an A* is killing me -.-

Same here, at least we have a bit of a break.

I'm sure you'll get your A*, stay positive :smile:

German later, oh god.
How did everyone find the WJEC german? I found it really hard :frown: hard to say how I have done, wasn't a disaster but wasnt amazing either

Quick Reply