The Student Room Group

Not heard from back interview - what do I do?

Hello!

I had a job interview on Thursday for French Connection. The manager told me I should hear back from them on Monday, I've been waiting but i've heard nothing! :confused:

She said if I was unsuccessful they'd be sending out a letter etc. Should I phone them? :confused:

any advice would help, thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's still plenty of Monday left, so they might still contact you. Also I wouldn't phone them as it's been clearly explained what will happen :biggrin:
It's still a working monday till like 5pm.
Reply 3
Right okay.

I've been waiting for mail too :mad: ah i hate waiting!
Reply 4
ROFL LMAO! Bet you haven't been to many job interviews. If it were an interview with a school, I'd say ring them up. But since it's for a job, I believe it's time for you to learn the cold hard truth. If the interviewer says they'll get back to you, it's just a nicer way of saying that they don't think you're a suitable candidate for the job. If you were, they'd have made the necessary arrangements on the spot.
Reply 5
Original post by weiqi
ROFL LMAO! Bet you haven't been to many job interviews. If it were an interview with a school, I'd say ring them up. But since it's for a job, I believe it's time for you to learn the cold hard truth. If the interviewer says they'll get back to you, it's just a nicer way of saying that they don't think you're a suitable candidate for the job. If you were, they'd have made the necessary arrangements on the spot.

Not always, they may have had other people to interview after the OP. :smile:
You ride in smash the place up and take sh!t over!
Reply 7
for your information Weiqi, i'm currently working and i've been to quite a few interviews :smile:

the manager for FC was really nice, she said they were interviewing four other people and they were looking to replace 5 staff members as they were students and are leaving to go back home.

i'm just slightly nervous, i feel like it went really well :frown:
Reply 8
I'm sure you'll hear back soon, and it sounds promising since there are so many positions :biggrin:
Reply 9
yeppp! she just said i'd hear back on Monday, so if i was unsuccessful I should have received a letter or something by now. uff.
Reply 10
Good luck :biggrin: and I hope you get the job :biggrin:
Reply 11
thank youuuuuuuuu ;D
Reply 12
TBH a letter by today would be very quick, maybe they are posting those out today otherwise they would have known who they wanted last week to tell you before?

Big companies are often a bit late I find, just be patient :smile:
Reply 13
Yeah I suppose your right.
Reply 14
Original post by K_Kaur.x
for your information Weiqi, i'm currently working and i've been to quite a few interviews :smile:

the manager for FC was really nice, she said they were interviewing four other people and they were looking to replace 5 staff members as they were students and are leaving to go back home.

i'm just slightly nervous, i feel like it went really well :frown:

Well, perhaps the culture's just different in the uk. Where I'm from, it's understood that you did not get the job when you're told to go back and wait for further instructions.

Oh and good luck! I sincerely hope you'll get the job :smile: Really.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by weiqi

That never happens. All the interviews I've been to where I have actually got the job, they have made me wait it out for their decision.

yeppp! she just said i'd hear back on Monday, so if i was unsuccessful I should have received a letter or something by now. uff.

You had an interview on Thursday and you seriously expect them to have made a decision and written to god knows how many people they saw, and had the letters delivered by Monday? Seriously, most places don't even call on the day they say they will, most likely they got caught up with other stuff and will get back to you as soon as they can.

In the meantime, calm down!

At least they told you a day anyway. I had an interview on thursday and all they said was that they would contact people "next week" about the next interview stage. Ahhhh :o:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
:colondollar: yeah i know, i'm just really not enjoying my current job at the moment, i've been there for two years and it's just REALLY irritating me at the moment :mad:

hopefully they'll contact me this week, if not I will probably call them. I hope your interview went well!
:colondollar: yeah i know, i'm just really not enjoying my current job at the moment, i've been there for two years and it's just REALLY irritating me at the moment :mad:

hopefully they'll contact me this week, if not I will probably call them. I hope your interview went well!

thanks, I haven't heard from mine yet either, now I'm the one who needs to calm down :redface: Hope you hear soon if you haven't heard already.
Hello!

I had a job interview on Thursday for French Connection. The manager told me I should hear back from them on Monday, I've been waiting but i've heard nothing! :confused:

She said if I was unsuccessful they'd be sending out a letter etc. Should I phone them? :confused:

any advice would help, thank you!

I wouldn't worry about it, I had an interview at BHS once on a Tuesday, and they said they'd get back to me by Thursday. They didn't get back to me until the following Wednesday, by which point I had already accepted another job.
They don't always stick to what they say.
Reply 19
Realllly:/

Well, I've still not heard anything, not even received a letter. I may just phone them tomorrow and ask seeing as it'll be a whole week. I don't see any harm in phoning after all they did say i'd hear something on the Monday.

What exactly would I say on the phone? I had an interview on so and so day, just wanted to know if I was successful?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending