The Student Room Group

Hong Kong Universities

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Hey people, I'm new to this thread.
I applied to HKU for architecture via fast track, and received an interview during December. But i have been shortlisted to under consideration in main round for this course. Has anyone received any offers for architecture? Or urban planning? ( which is my second choice)
p.s I applied from the UK through non JUPAS. And I'm not sure about when would the HKU finish giving out offers since the UK university have already allocated all their places for the next year.s students.
Do Hong Kong University care about GCSE results if you have 5A at AS and predicted 5A* at A level etc.... (obviously this doesn't guarantee you an interview/place, I understand that) and if they do are we talking 7,8,9,10A*?

Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Reply 802
Did anyone apply to psychology in CUHK? Any replies at all? I applied but did not receive any interview at all? :frown:
Original post by chr1stopher11

Ah ok, so it is a posh area. When you say foreigners, do you mean not from Asia or not from HK? Do many British people live in HK? 30 minutes is fine for me. :smile:

I won't necessarily say it's posh. "Posh" has a pretty negative connotation which doesn't accurately describe the area that the HKU campus is located in.

By foreigners, I mainly refer to people not from HK. I'm not sure about the number of British people living in HK, though there is definitely a higher concentration of Caucasians living in Hong Kong Island compared to Kowloon.

(Sorry for the late reply btw, my exams just finished :biggrin:)
Reply 804
Is the Science course offered by HKU a BSc(Hons)? An honours degree?
Original post by Interpretation
I won't necessarily say it's posh. "Posh" has a pretty negative connotation which doesn't accurately describe the area that the HKU campus is located in.

By foreigners, I mainly refer to people not from HK. I'm not sure about the number of British people living in HK, though there is definitely a higher concentration of Caucasians living in Hong Kong Island compared to Kowloon.

(Sorry for the late reply btw, my exams just finished :biggrin:)

Hi! Sorry I didn't mean posh in a negative way, I meant more along the lines of plush, middle-upper class etc. I don't know if you have been to London or know anything about the areas in it but would you say HK island is similar in feel to certain areas in London?

Ok, thanks. Is it easy/cheap to get to countries in SE Asia and N Asia? I'm planning on going to the Philippines and Malaysia and also maybe South Korea.

Oh and also what is/are the library/libraries like at HKU?

Likewise except my exams haven't finished yet. One more left!
Hey i just want to ask who has got acceptance to the Chinese university of Hong Kong?

I just got an acceptance to this university.

Can anyone give an advice about this university?

I have so many questions to ask!!
Does professors talk in english during their lecture? I mean the teaching medium in this university is english right?
Is the total fees for international students to this university is 144,000 hong kong dollars or is there more?

If anyone knows really well for this Chinese University of Hong Kong just send me an email to this account!! I would really appreciate it!!
Original post by saychig
Dentistry

IB

How bout you?

Hi, I was wondering what your IB UPG was? I want to apply for HKU Dentistry next year and I'm a little scared on what my UPG should be around- they don't tell us much...
Reply 808
Heyy, anyone attending HKU this september?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 809
Yes..Are you done with everything?
Reply 810
Nopee, ive still got accomodation to do.
What about you?
Reply 811
Well I haven't done anything. Just posted them my supporting documents.Btw which Hall would you choose?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 812
Are you still waiting for an offer from CUHK as you said in the other thread?

and about accomdation, I have no idea, thats why i kind of made this thread lol. Was gonna ask people here. Could you recommend any ? :colondollar:
Reply 813
Yeah..made my mind for HKU.I also need some suggestion regarding accommodation. Most of the people suggest Starr Hall for international students.But I dun know much about it....
Reply 814
Oh cool, im gonna do accomodation soon, probably end of the month.
What you studying ?

Reply 815
Bachelor of Engineering. You?
Reply 816
Bachelor of economics. Where you applying from? Lol sorry for the questions... I thought id keep the convo going as this thread is a bit dead :smile:

Reply 817
Well I am an Asian...You?
Reply 818
And yeah that's a good idea. We can discuss about certain things.
Reply 819
Lol what type of Asian?
Oo are you excited starting unii :smile: ?

Quick Reply

Latest