The Student Room Group

Hong Kong Universities

Scroll to see replies

What if I want to apply for MBBS but I can't speak neither cantonese or chinese? Can I take chinese language course while studying?
By the way, I am studying in a community college in the US.
Thank you >.<
Original post by waterfountain
What if I want to apply for MBBS but I can't speak neither cantonese or chinese? Can I take chinese language course while studying?
By the way, I am studying in a community college in the US.
Thank you >.<

You'll need to learn it. HK University for example conducts interviews in both English and Cantonese. So it's pretty much an entry requirement, as during your studies you will have to communicate with patients and a lot of them (especially older ones) don't speak English.
Has anyone who just did A Levels given scholarship from HKU? If yes then can you please let me know the grades and amount. Thank you!
Reply 943
Hi does anyone know how strong HKU's social sciences/arts & humanities are compared to Chinese U & other UK, USA unis?
Reply 944
hi does anyone know how strong HKU's social sciences/arts & humanities are compared to Chinese U & other UK , USA universities?
Reply 945
Also, is there anyone currently enrolled or have competed any of the following courses:h:KU- arts/humanitieesHKUST- global china studiesChinese U -ats/ humanitiesCould you maybe share about what the syllabus is like & how the teaching quality is ? Thanks!
Original post by shimamura
I'm completely unconcerned by china's human rights record. I know many people in Hong Kong who live lives just as free as people in the west

I live in Hong Kong and it's basically like any other developed city: you have all the normal rights you would get in the US, Canada or Singapore.

Hong Kong is part of China only politically, but it is a completely different world from what the locals call "Mailand China" ie. The rest of China which is an S.A.R. (special administrative region).
(SARs are places like Hong Kong and Macau)
How good is it? I just received an offer from them (by phoning up)

which subject did you apply for ?
would you recommend HKUST then?

Hello I am also from Hong Kong! Nice to here that you would like to come here for exchange:smile: Both universities are reputable in Hong Kong. In my opinion, it depends on your objectives on going to exchange. If your aim is to gain professional knowledge on Business Subjects, then go for HKUST since HKUST has put a lot of resources on the Business School and there are many good professors. Yet, HKUST is also well-known for its huge study work load.....so if you would like to have more time to experience Hong Kong culture, HKU would be a better choice. Also, HKU is the oldest university in Hong Kong so the university itself also have long history and culture:smile: Take a look on the photos of both universities and get some clues on how different the universities are from their buildings!
Hello I am also from Hong Kong! Nice to here that you would like to come here for exchange:smile: Both universities are reputable in Hong Kong. In my opinion, it depends on your objectives on going to exchange. If your aim is to gain professional knowledge on Business Subjects, then go for HKUST since HKUST has put a lot of resources on the Business School and there are many good professors. Yet, HKUST is also well-known for its huge study work load.....so if you would like to have more time to experience Hong Kong culture, HKU would be a better choice. Also, HKU is the oldest university in Hong Kong so the university itself also have long history and culture:smile: Take a look on the photos of both universities and get some clues on how different the universities are from their buildings!
Hello!
I applied to HKU in the fast track application last month and I was wondering when I should be expecting to hear a decision from the University?
Also, I applied for BBA(LAW)/LLB programme. Can someone tell me what my chances are to get in if I am predicted a 42 in IB?
Hello!
I applied to HKU in the fast track application last month and I was wondering when I should be expecting to hear a decision from the University?
Also, I applied for BBA(LAW)/LLB programme. Can someone tell me what my chances are to get in if I am predicted a 42 in IB?
Original post by LysFromParis
Again you know that law system in HK is distinct from main land China ? You should read some books before making such kind of comment.

Indeed, HK is totally different from China.
Hi , where can I study AAT in Hongkong , how marketable is AAT if I finished the course, please suggest

Quick Reply

Latest